Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was basically thinking the same. My Audi and Mercedes both have adaptive cruise control that uses the radar, and both are horrible in snow or rain. Granted, those times are not when I generally am comfortable using it anyway, but the fact is radar has a major problem with reflective/refractive objects that vision-based systems just don't have as much issue with.

AP sometimes sees the lane better than my eyes in the rain. Of course it would be stuuuupid to rely on that for primary navigatio, however it is less fatiguing on the eyes.

AP sometimes sees the lane better than my eyes in the rain. Of course it would be stuuuupid to rely on that for primary navigatio, however It is less fatiguing on the eyes.
No doubt. I'm not even comfortable with cruise control in the raid/snow, so I'm not interested in using those features during stuff like that, but realistically AR systems with machine-learning can be waaaay better than the quality of radar systems used in modern passenger cars.

My main reason to get a Tesla is the semi-autonomous features and this looks like they’re actually cutting down on those features, instead of improving.
It's been known for months that Tesla is moving away from radar, though. The existing FSD beta out there we've all been watching is vision-only. What's changed is that they're now removing the radar capability from shipping cars (probably, everyone is guessing, because of a part availability problem that is the root cause holding up Model Y deliveries). So they're just accelerating the transition date, and our on-order cars won't have it enabled as originally expected. But the plan was always that they'd turn it off at some point.

Created an account after lurking to say I got a VIN!
187XXX
Ordered 4/4 Red/Black 20" 7seat LR...Austin

I couldn't get that vision confirmation to come up on PC, so I went through mobile, and it popped up immediately. Select Manage and it should be prominent. Once you say go to delivery or whatever that big blue button is, you get a VIN (or at least I did!)

So damn excited!!!

Delivery date now says 5/25-5/28, was June 5-25