Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Deliveries are rolling according to location. I'm in California, 30 miles from Fremont, and I don't expect to see anything until the last two weeks of June trying to get me in before the "End of Quarter".
Max, I ordered mine in March. If it goes by coast (East being first) you can’t get much more East than me before you end up in the bay/ocean.

I received a text from a generic Tesla number earlier today with a link to schedule my "touchless" delivery. They gave me the option of tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday, but at the SC. I guess the touchless part is either a remnant from a previous policy or my SA is just going to wave at me from inside.

I succeeded in scheduling, but I can't get into my account to see a VIN. The main account page just shows my RN, and when I hit "manage" it either gives me the white screen or loops back to the main account page.
I got the same thing and texted back asking for a VIN. He sent one and it turned out to be someone from the SC. One difference is that mine is being delivered to my house, I think.
I hope to get access tomorrow to the site to figure it out.

First, you're asking the wrong people...anyone answering here will mostly be speculation.

That said, historically the cars go out in some kind of combinations, so like LR tend to go out to one area, then P out to an area, then specific colors go out at once, then...But in this case, a lot of cars are sitting on lots just seemingly waiting for the firmware updates to hit them, and they don't actually have the ability to push to specific cars in any kind of order that I've ever seen, so they're probably just loading up batches of cars for updates (like anything made in the last month or something) and the cars will get the updates when they do.

That means there could be newer cars getting the updates and being ready first, but they go to the people first on the list waiting for that combination of features in that area. If it happens that only 1 person in the Denver area needs that combination, for example, they'd be assigned the VIN since the car's already there at the delivery center, even if the only ordered 3 days ago. That's kind-of why the most common combinations are going in way more order than the stranger ones...because there's probably a lot more people waiting on those in the areas the cars are sitting than others.
I would love to agree with you and trust me, I've seen a lot of explanations of their process in the last couple of months but nothing you said or anything I've read previously matches up to how they decide who gets what when. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on how this happens. I'm sure in a month when I'm cruising in my MYP, I will no longer give a sh**, I'll just be happy that I finally have it..

Reactions: DavdOrtz
I don’t want to sound petty, but how are people that ordered almost a month after me getting there VIN before me?
I haven't seen any VINs for Mid Atlantic destinations yet. Not sure what happened to all the rumored MYs that showed up last week to Tysons and Rockville. Maybe they are still awaiting sw/fw updates, or maybe they were earlier production that were subsequently delivered because they did not require new sw/fw.

Max, I ordered mine in March. If it goes by coast (East being first) you can’t get much more East than me before you end up in the bay/ocean.
I’m in Rockville. Ordered on March 26th. Been stuck in mid June estimated dates for the past month or so. Cutting it close with a baby on the way at the end of June too.

Haven’t been getting into the site all day, but got the “ready for payment” email. Texted my SA and was told I have a VIN! 184xxx. Haven’t been able to get into the site, nor have I gotten anything else about scheduling delivery. SA said with VIN could be late this week or next. MYLR pearl white/black/5 seater/19” Gemini.

Hopefully that is good news for you on the horizon as well. 🤞🏻