Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Totally following you to see when you get a VIN. I’m in Arlington, VA and the same apparently rare Black/Black 7…. But I have tow hitch. Let’s see who gets VIN and delivery first! LOL. Good luck to us both.
Yeah I got Blue/black. Just called the D.C. SC and spoke to a VERY nice and sweet woman in their delivery section.
She said that yes, I do NOT have a VIN and she’s not even showing that it’s been built yet. So WTF? This is beginning to be a lot annoying. I’m just gonna order a white one next time.
Apparently it’s the fact we got 7 seats that’s screwin us over buddy.

Reactions: DudeByTheBeach
Well sad news, after both myself and spouse taking vacation from work driving 50 minutes to the SC, they called 5 minutes before my appointment saying the car won't be ready since they don't have the temporary tags and they don't know when they will come in (but sometime today) and "tentatively" scheduled my delivery later today but delivery to the house between 4-6pm, if they get the tags.

I was a little vexed; I was not angry about the delay I was angry they waited until the very last minute to call me (5 minutes before the appointment @ 10am!!). Thanks for wasting two people's vacation hours. They had plenty of time this morning to contact us. *sigh* Sorry I had to vent a little.
I just got a call from my SC and they said my car wasn't going to be ready for my 3pm pick up today (Needed to be cleaned and detailed), but, they would do a home delivery between 5:30-6:30 tonight. I live about 10 min away from the SC, so seems odd that they wouldn't just have me come in later tonight when its ready. I wonder if what others had mentioned about the effort for more at home deliveries is true.

Yeah I got Blue/black. Just called the D.C. SC and spoke to a VERY nice and sweet woman in their delivery section.
She said that yes, I do NOT have a VIN and she’s not even showing that it’s been built yet. So WTF? This is beginning to be a lot annoying. I’m just gonna order a white one next time.
Apparently it’s the fact we got 7 seats that’s screwin us over buddy.
Yeah I'm guessing it is definitely the 7 seat that is giving you grief. In the spreadsheet, it looks like only 7 seaters in CA got VINs so far, so out here the exact opposite thing is being a PITA.

Reactions: JETsDad
I'm not sure Tesla should just get a blanket pass for their lack of quality control (although it appears it's gotten much better) just because they are "new and improving". I also get that this happens with all manufacturers; however, the difference with other manufacturers is that dealers tend to catch quality issues that make it out of the factory. Tesla's service centers either don't do that well, can't do that well, or so overwhelmed it's up to the customer to catch.

It's gotten better, I admit, but everyone should do as they please. If you're ok spending this kind of money without doing an inspection go for it! But I agree with what was said previously, nobody should feel pressured to accept a car quickly just to avoid inconveniencing Tesla.

If Tesla had more consistent QC this wouldn't even be an issue and people wouldn't feel the need to use checklists. So, to your point, they are a new and improving car company so end user checklists and inspections are required for some people.
"Tesla's service centers either don't do that well, can't do that well, or so overwhelmed it's up to the customer to catch."

The difference is that Tesla's customer facing service centers are corporate entities, whereas traditional car dealerships are "small" businesses where the owner is likely to be onsite (or visits regularly.) In other words, "ultimate" oversight and accountability is much closer to the point of service. If employees are not performing well, it can be detected and corrected more efficiently.

I agree that the service centers get overwhelmed by the surges of Tesla's apparent production and delivery model. If the SC/DCs don't have the time or proper staffing to detect and correct QC issues before delivery, Tesla should be faulted for lack of adequate production planning that causes the end-of-quarter scrambles.

Reactions: dsandhu
I have heard from no one the only communication I have is when I placed my order and was sent an email confirmation
The first SA I was assigned after I placed the order was horrible. Unresponsive, disrespectful, would never answer my questions. Would just dance around everything i would ask.

i got tired of him and his antics and finally requested someone else. A super nice lady from Kierland store called me and has been phenomenal. Although, still no news about delivery.

ordered Model Y, silver, induction wheels, black interior. Ordered on 4/20.

I work around the corner from distribution center on Raintree, and from the parking lot where they park the cars waiting for delivery. Both places are still empty.

The first SA I was assigned after I placed the order was horrible. Unresponsive, disrespectful, would never answer my questions. Would just dance around everything i would ask.

i got tired of him and his antics and finally requested someone else. A super nice lady from Kierland store called me and has been phenomenal. Although, still no news about delivery.

ordered Model Y, silver, induction wheels, black interior. Ordered on 4/20.

I work around the corner from distribution center on Raintree, and from the parking lot where they park the cars waiting for delivery. Both places are still empty.
Weird, somebody in the AZ thread mentioned there was 125+ cars there yesterday.

Now the delivery date disappeared

Attachments

• order 28 apr 12_42 pm.JPG
    order 28 apr 12_42 pm.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 71