Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What? Do you think cars can bounce a radar signal under the car in front of them to see the one in front of that one? And then the signal bounces back somehow? That's...not how radar works at all. Radar only estimates distances by bouncing the signal directly to and back from objects and it doesn't "point" the signal, which is why you need a number of sensors. They essentially triangulate signals to an object to determine where it is lateral to the car.

It is *literally* why Radar is limited...it can't possibly "see" things through or around any surface that bounces the signal, and that includes things like rain and snow (which is why most car radar systems will outright shut down if it's snowing or raining enough).

Reactions: dsandhu
Elon Musk also thought we'd be rolling robotaxis by now - the reality is the feature he's talking about has no proof in the FSD atm...you can tell because the actual visual cameras are the ones that capture and show the vehicles in front and give them a shape in the screen. What I mean is that the radar generally is only used right now to see if the car in front of the car in front of you is speeding up or slowing down, but nothing at all about it beyond that, and only if it's on the exact right kind of street/path. The only limitation this includes is the ability for the car to potentially stop early even if the car in front of you doesn't (and runs into the car in front of them), since in the right circumstances it might be able to see that the car in front of them has already stopped.

This isn't the cool feature of seeing the car 2 in front of you on the display...that's all visual. Again, current beta FSD shows the bounding boxes for the vehicle, something the radar can't do or take part in. The only thing the radar does is measure distance, and the cameras seemingly do a great majority of that already.

• Funny
Reactions: knightriderY
Can someone point me to something that describes Tesla's shipping method from Fremont? Do they ship it end-to-end via truck or do they use rail in places to expedite cross-country deliveries (not trying to talk badly of the trucking industry just making an assumption that rail would be faster).
truck for nearer locations. A rail to a second pickup location, then truck for further areas. I heard chicago's yard was one of the distribution spots from rail.

cool found this from this site!!!

Reactions: LYly and suprax
30 days, but Tesla matches for 60 days. No need to worry about DCU after you're approved. Just email the offer to [email protected] with your RN number..
What did you have to send to Tesla to get the rate match? I was approved through DCU, but am not yet a member, so it’s not showing the 1.24%. I’d love to avoid going through that whole process just to send it over to Tesla and have to close the DCU account. Just curious how you did it. Thanks!

Makes me want to call my SC and see if they can fit me in for delivery soon, but I'll chill for another day and see if I hear anything. Someone said there were > 100 MY sitting in Cincinnati, so I'm sure they're working to crank them all out.
Yes. With the number of VINs reported in this forum, we are a very small and specific community. Twice as many cars sitting on one lot at one location, times all the locations around the country where this is happening. We're not seeing the whole picture.

not sure about that. Theyre cranking cars out. Blue certainly isnt the majority but theyre getting built. (vid from sunday)

This might be our batch of blue MYs getting to SCs now for VIN assignments soon!

• Love
Reactions: Peelz
Looks like there are no vin allocations happening today. i did not see anyone post for while. My order date is 04/17 and still waiting. Any one in this group waiting for a delivery from Kansas City, MO ?
5 vin allocations today vs 44 allocations yesterday - at least on the spreadsheet. I think about 10 people have posted here about getting VINs today specifically.

What did you have to send to Tesla to get the rate match? I was approved through DCU, but am not yet a member, so it’s not showing the 1.24%. I’d love to avoid going through that whole process just to send it over to Tesla and have to close the DCU account. Just curious how you did it. Thanks!
You have to apply as a member and get the quote. You can't apply without being a member.