Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have wood in my M3 that i covered in a carbon fiber wrap. If you figure out how to take it out and change it I would be more than happy to
I am looking at this issue also. Here is a possible idea, but not sure yet...

Reactions: bigdaddyreg
I am looking at this issue also. Here is a possible idea, but not sure yet...

Yeah I bought the carbon fiber, and it looks really nice just need the car now LOL

Correct. And as written, if passed it will not go into effect until next year.

"The changes to credit amounts are effective for vehicles acquired after December 31, 2021."

https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/...y_for_America_Act_Chairmans_Modified_Mark.pdf

I think there is a lot to be settled before this gets even close to passing, but the current read I have is that these additional amounts of $10k and $12.5k would start in 2022 (as well as becoming refundable credits), but lifting the per manufacturer limits would happen this year, specifically:

"The elimination of the per-manufacturer-cap is effective for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021"

That line is from this doc (page 30): https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Clean Energy for America Act - Chairman's Mark.pdf

So maybe the radar delete delays have a curious coincidence with cars being delivered after 5/24 and being eligible for a credit ?!??!

If the bill passed in the current form, we would get a $7500 credit now. Or wait until Jan 22 to get the new higher refundable amounts.

It won't apply to Tesla however, as they are not unionized.
Teslas won't qualify for the full amount, but would still qualify for $10,000 if the vehicle is made in the USA.

"The Chairman’s modification provides an additional credit amount of $2,500 for new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles for which the final assembly is at a facility whose production workers are members of or represented by a labor organization. Chairman’s modification also provides an additional credit amount of $2,500 for new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles for which the final assembly is at a facility in the United States before 2026. For vehicles sold after December 31, 2025, the base amount of credit for new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles is increased from $2,500 to $5,000, and final assembly of a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle must occur in the United States. Therefore, under the Chairman’s modification a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle is eligible for a maximum credit of $12,500, for a vehicle assembled in the United States at a facility whose production workers are members of or represented by a labor organization."