Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve went and got the check Friday the CDC Credit Union and I reached out to Tesla like can come pay for the car now they said no. I was like the money burning my pocket 🙄guy told me hold on came back and said do you want to pick up Saturday!!! I was like I got my VIN today but it says car won’t be ready until June 4. He said no the car is here at our off lot now. I said let me get it today!! He was like no they have take it through service and he can do that tomorrow and I pick up Saturday. And I’m like the car has been there all this time and I’ve just been sitting here getting withdrawals like I’m rehab waiting. All that to say a lot of you guys cars are there!! It won’t be long now

WHAT A LETDOWN!!! vin matched at 10:56 pm. I call cred union, get tax and title info....

BAM. VIN GONE!!! it UN matched us at 8:39 am

called SA in Bloomington. (it should be noted, helpful guy. named Nick) apparently, the update caused a glitch that matched multiple people with one vin.

back to the continuous sadnap that is this thread. sorry for the false alarm lol
Wtf, there should at the very least ALOT of free supercharger credit for that

I'm hoping next week they'll be rolling out VINs for us May orders. I've been sitting on the edge of my seat, distracted from work, refreshing my account page frantically. It's an obsession at this point lol my husband looks at me and thinks I'm crazy but at least you all understand me! you guys are like one big support group hahaha but seriously Elon! Let's goooooooo!

So to close this out, yesterday I finally picked up my MYLR, black, black/white interior, 19" gemini, 5 seater.
Ordered Apr 3. Got VIN May 25. Delivery pickup avail May 26 and picked it up that day. Paid with cashier's check after selling my old car at Carmax. Inspected the car and nothing major. I could nitpick but nothing really that i am worried about. I had to get used to connecting the charger since it wouldn't charge (yellow light). I wasn't inserting it all the way in. Drove to work today and after 15 mins it calibrated and I could finally use TACC and auto steer.
It's so quiet. I had to listen to music to get rid of the eerie quietness. Man this is a big car, coming from a Mini Cooper Countryman. I have to have the mirrors auto fold to park in my garage, with not much space to spare front/back. Totally in love with it. Tho I believe it did a phantom breaking on the highway today and scared the heck out of me. Luckily the car behind didn't rear end me. It was going under a shaded overpass in the very bright FL sun (by downtown I-4/408 underpass). Also I'll be getting the sunroof tinted as it is hot hot hot (90 degs here), along with all 4 door windows. But it's great to be able to tell it to cool down before I left work.
So far home charging is 1kW/h on the 110v, 12amps. lol. I might get the NEMA adapter so I can use my clothes dryer 220v outlet, tho currently I am ok with it as I can charge all day at work for free. Got it at 50% charge from Tesla, started charging at 1:50p and at around 6am it was 75% charged, with the charging limit set to 80%. I only have a 20 mile drive to work.

BTW now is the time to sell your used car. Carmax appears desperate for used vehicles because I checked how much they would give me for my 7yr old low mileage car on Apr 6 and their site said $10,900. I checked again on May 25th and it went up to $12,300!, even with more miles during that 1.5 month period waiting for my MY. Another dude selling his car there gave me the thumbs up when they told him how much they would offer him for his old car.

Eatonville Tesla dealer.

Hope everyone waiting gets their baby soon!
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Your comment about tinting the sunroof particularly got my attention. I thought the glass roof is already treated to block UV and heat. Even on 95-100 degree days, I couldn't feel much heat when I placed my hand 1-inch from the cabin roof in my friend's Model 3. I tinted the glass roof on our Model S but later regretted it because I made it darker, plus I couldn't tell if it made a difference compared to friend's Model 3 stock roof.. Am thinking I will tint the side windows and hatch this time around on the Y but will skip the glass roof.

Reactions: blacky and dsandhu
I got the lucky email this morning! My vehicle was ordered 4/21 with the following specs:

MYLR, white over white interior, 20's, no tow, no FSD. Website said 5-9 weeks for delivery, car is being delivered tomorrow morning in Orlando. VIN 187xxx

FWIW my SA has been great to deal with but he is off today so I called the store to schedule delivery and it could not have been easier!

Reactions: Soosh and UCF13!
I think Tesla forgot my name

1622150162606.png

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Your comment about tinting the sunroof particularly got my attention. I thought the glass roof is already treated to block UV and heat. Even on 95-100 degree days, I couldn't feel much heat when I placed my hand 1-inch from the cabin roof in my friend's Model 3. I had tinted the glass roof on our Model S but later regretted it because I made it darker. Am thinking I will tint the side windows and hatch this time around on the Y but will skip the glass roof.
I tinted the roof on my Model 3 and agree with the regret - it is too dark now. The rejection is awesome, but too dark. When I get my Y tinted, I will probably still do the roof again, but with clear tint just for the heat rejection. I told the place that will do the PPF and tint I don't want the roof any darker and he said they could clear.

I tinted the roof on my Model 3 and agree with the regret - it is too dark now. The rejection is awesome, but too dark. When I get my Y tinted, I will probably still do the roof again, but with clear tint just for the heat rejection. I told the place that will do the PPF and tint I don't want the roof any darker and he said they could clear.
Hmm. Now you have me second guessing between keeping the roof stock vs clear tint. I'll see how hot it gets. I remember not being able to tell the difference pre-tint and post-tint wrt the glass roof. I guess the added heat rejection couldn't hurt and the added cost is minimal anyways.

Reactions: GoGators!
Poor Capt. I am surprised you don't have a VIN yet since our cars, outside of FSD, are twins. If they made mine they should have made yours at the same time.

You're ahead of me in priority for the way they do business, unfortunately. Because they ship once a quarter (such a stupid business decision, IMO) east coast deliveries get priority at the start of the final delivery run. Also, you ordered before me (technically speaking). My SA has been telling me "end of May" forever but I don't think he was forecasting this firmware update issue. Ugh. I am not handling the wait well at all anymore

Reactions: yv63s
I'm hoping next week they'll be rolling out VINs for us May orders. I've been sitting on the edge of my seat, distracted from work, refreshing my account page frantically. It's an obsession at this point lol my husband looks at me and thinks I'm crazy but at least you all understand me! you guys are like one big support group hahaha but seriously Elon! Let's goooooooo!

*sugar*, I'm hoping they roll out VINs for April orders!

(Also, how silly is it how these forums remove "bad" language?)

I'd say you have a few options since the Wall Connector does not come with a plug by default:
  1. Remove outlet and hard wire the Wall Connector
  2. Pigtail the wall connector with a NEMA 14-60 plug (I would probably do that) Here's an example
  3. Buy a NEMA 14-60 adapter from EVSEAdapters.com and use the included Mobile Connector to charge the car (NOTE: This will be limited to 32A, so you'll have a slower charge than the other options, but it would be cheapest and easiest) Here's the link for that
I actually made a video a while back about 240v charging options for the Mobile Connector and purchased a 14-60 adapter to test. Here's the video at the timestamp for the 14-60 if you're interested in checking it out:

Even with a wall charger, max charging is 48A, which is still 50% faster than the mobile charger.