Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's the only place on the entire internet that's written...Chapter 10 doesn't have anything specific about requiring an electrician to do work in one's own home.
I found the PDF for chapter 10 and it does mention needing a license, but it's in a section talking about contractors hiring electricians, not homeowners so 🤷🏻‍♂️
Since they wouldn't give me a permit, I did it any way regardless and it turned out well!
Finally getting to use the load-sharing as soon as the MY gets here :)

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2334.jpg
    IMG_2334.jpg
    610.6 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: iratre
My app indicates my estimated delivery from June 10-June 30, but today it says June 17-June 30. I stopped by their rosewell sales center and spoke to a sales man who told me I should get a vin number hopefully within a week or so. I saw about 40 new Teslas in their lot. He indicated that my car may well be sitting Their to be matched with my vin. I was told be patient and call if I don’t see new updates with vin number within the week. My order dates is April 30,2021.

I’m so sick of waiting. Especially since people are getting VINs that ordered after me. If I ever go thru this shiz again, I’m thinking I’ll get grab an existing inventory one, OR or the week before the last month of the quarter. This waiting crap sucks.
I hear you - we keep trying to teach our kids patience but my hubby and I are really struggling with it in this case!

• Funny
Reactions: Soosh and Emmadiane
Anyone doing Mt Kisco delivery... I just talked to someone there and he told me they're doing 50-60 deliveries a day starting next week for the next 3 weeks.. he said count on getting a VIN within 5 days max most likely
@tjg312 What's your order date? And did he say count on getting a VIN within 5 days because of your specific order date or anyone in general? I'm a Mt. Kisco pickup.

Went by Richmond VA SC this morning, lot is full and they were offloading a truck. Looked like 4 MY,s ready for pickup. Hopefully mine is in the lot waiting to be processed.
I ordered 5/16 in Richmond MSM, 5, tow hitch. They called me yesterday to ask if I had any questions..?? "YEP sure do - when will I get my car?" He said late June at the earliest. Having read some of the posts here that seems about right since I'm only 11 days in. But I'm already following this thread too much...

Checked my eta at 1:10am....
I.. GOT.. MY.. VIN!!!!!! Omg 😱 delivery 5/27- 5/30
I would text my SA now but I’ll wait for the morning 😆
I WILL BE DREAMING ABOUT THIS CAR TONIGHT.... (who am I lol I never thought i would be saying this 😆 dreaming of cars nonsense... I’m obsessed now!)
Good night!
Picking up in eatonville fl
Congrats!! Haha your excitement is contagious. Still waiting impatiently for mine

Reactions: elguapo
Two noob questions... 1) how does the 1000 supercharger referral process work? Would love to share/receive with you all. Is there a limit? I recall seeing it expiring over a course of time. 2) how do you “like” a post on here? I want to share the love but I don’t see anything, is it cause I’m too new? 🤔
So happy seeing more vins from you all! I’ve been emotionally invested for some of you waiting with barely any visibility!
You need to post a bit more before more of the account features open up... like “liking” a post.

Not sure where you got that code, but it's not accurate. The State of Texas has been very clear about this, as has the Federal government:

EDIT: I should mention that's the Exemption - The Code is for anyone doing electrical work requires an Electricians license, but anyone doing work on their own home is exempt from needing it. You still should get a permit and have the inspector look it over to make sure it's up to code (so you don't have any insurance issues if you have a fire), but you're free to do the work yourself. This is the case everywhere in the United States, as multiple SCOTUS cases have been decided around people being able to "modify" their own homes and cars.
Actually it is accurate. While a city government cannot write their own electrical code ( they would be liable ) they can require permits and inspections by city employees. In most places if you are required to file for a permit, you can do your own work in a home you reside in and your name is on the deed. However, the work has to be considered minor. Like replacing or adding a circuit breaker but not the Main Breaker. Repairing a broken receptacle is minor. Adding a sub panel would be considered major work.

These building codes in various cities are designed to prevent independent handyman workers from doing shady work out of the trunk of their car. They are not designed to prevent a home owner from maintaining their home but to keep everyone safe, the permit and inspection is required. I worked doing residential wiring as a journeyman electrician many years ago. In NY I took the exam for becoming licensed as an industrial electrician. That way I could supervise my electrician employees and mostly took care of the administrative work and did the inspections. But many years later I just do my own wiring. I know the basics to pass an inspection. But I don't do any major work and hire a licensed electrician when dealing with the Main, a sub panel or needing to pull the meter.

Here's a good rule of thumb- If you have to ask how to do it, you are not qualified--Hire a professional.