Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
*sugar*, I'm hoping they roll out VINs for April orders!

(Also, how silly is it how these forums remove "bad" language?)
I hope those of us with april orders get Vins we are still in May after all.
Oh my goodness of course! I didn't mean to sound like I should be ahead of you all, not at all! In fact I hope you all get yours this week way before I get mine! ... Re-reading my post I apologize it sounded like that... I definitely want to see you March and April orders get your cars even before I get mine, as that would only be the fair thing to do... I was just making a general statement as I see lot of April orders getting fulfilled this week, I was hoping next week would be the May orders, but not before the March/April orders! Good luck you guys!! Just a little a little bit longer I hope... this has been a painful experience for sure!

Oh my goodness of course! I didn't mean to sound like I should be ahead of you all, not at all! In fact I hope you all get yours this week way before I get mine! ... Re-reading my post I apologize it sounded like that... I definitely want to see you March and April orders get your cars even before I get mine, as that would only be the fair thing to do... I was just making a general statement as I see lot of April orders getting fulfilled this week, I was hoping next week would be the May orders, but not before the March/April orders! Good luck you guys!! Just a little a little bit longer I hope... this has been a painful experience for sure!
You're good don't worry about it - meant it in a joking tone. It's so painful!!!

Took delivery this afternoon.. Hatch is a little misaligned but panel gaps otherwise look good..

Attachments

• 20210527_175455.jpg
    20210527_175455.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210527_175444.jpg
    20210527_175444.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210527_170948.jpg
    20210527_170948.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20210527_173749.jpg
    20210527_173749.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 52
Are there any folks in here picking up (or getting transport from) Paramus, NJ, receiving VINs or being notified of their car availability yet? My NH order from 4/14 is coming that route - no VIN yet.
Got a VIN this morning (194xxx) and confirmed delivery on Saturday 5/29. Blue 7 seater (no other options). Ordered back in March and got a VIN in early May but had to decline and put order on hold for a few weeks while I waited for my current car title to be mailed out.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Your comment about tinting the sunroof particularly got my attention. I thought the glass roof is already treated to block UV and heat. Even on 95-100 degree days, I couldn't feel much heat when I placed my hand 1-inch from the cabin roof in my friend's Model 3. I tinted the glass roof on our Model S but later regretted it because I made it darker, plus I couldn't tell if it made a difference compared to friend's Model 3 stock roof.. Am thinking I will tint the side windows and hatch this time around on the Y but will skip the glass roof.
I originally wanted to tint just the 2 front door windows, but reading how the back windows don't reduce much heat I will have all 4 done. A few inches from the sunroof I could feel the heat, and touching the sunroof burned my hand. It's not a big deal since the A/C cooled the car down fast, and it had been in the sitting in the sun for sometime since the shade moved away (tho the charging spot at work has no trees/sun protection) but thinking about August here in FL I'm thinking I might want to get it tinted to reduce that heat. I have a month until my tinting appointment to see about if I can live with the sun roof as is (plus its expensive to get it tinted).

Hmm. Now you have me second guessing between keeping the roof stock vs clear tint. I'll see how hot it gets. I remember not being able to tell the difference pre-tint and post-tint wrt the glass roof. I guess the added heat rejection couldn't hurt and the added cost is minimal anyways.
That was my thought as well. I am already having them tint everything else, so adding the roof doesn’t add a ton of cost and if it keeps it cooler it will be worth it.