Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 5/15, MY silver/black 7seater, VIN 184xxx. Never showed EDD prior to VIN and then it was May 25-28. This morning it updated to June 4-10. Insurance submitted, but no contact from SA for final payment yet
Update: received the text confirmation for my delivery appointment and submitted final payment. Picking up Sunday afternoon. Shocking how fast it took (15 days from order). I’m scrambling to get my charging set up!

Sorry, I am new to all of this. I live in California and what I reading is that we will get ours last? Why is that? Plus we got a 7 seater and I am reading they deliver those last too. I am ready to trade in our old car! haha.
Because Tesla wants to deliver the most number of cars possible so they focus on the West coast 1st since it takes a while for the cars to get there and leave the last two weeks to focus on California since the factory is there and it’s close.

Has anyone been totally ghosted by all SAs? Not even harrasing them, if anything I've laid off and been patient.. But the main sa I had stopped answering his phone, then 2 other people who were in constant contact with me when I was in the pre purchase phase wont answer me
I have never even heard from an SA on this order. My M3 guy was great and in contact all the time last June. This one is garbage

Reactions: Dmbrill1
Just talked with my SA here in Sacramento California. This his response. I ordered April 25th

We are hoping to have your vehicle delivered towards the end of June - we won't know for sure until your VIN number is assigned. Unfortunately I don't have any additional information at this time.

I'm guessing that they're building batches of cars/configurations based on overall demand, and then the system matches finished production with what has been ordered in the queue. It doesn't seem like they're building to exact demand as it's ordered.

I have never even heard from an SA on this order. My M3 guy was great and in contact all the time last June. This one is garbage
Lol same. It could be the SAs in AZ being snobby. The only text I received ever since I ordered in mid April was telling me that while I'm waiting for the VIN to get generated, I should look into buying more stuff from Tesla.

Reactions: sunporter
So if west coast doesn't get deliveries until end of quarter, then what do they have the west coast SAs doing in the meantime? I find it hard to believe a bunch of west coast SAs are sitting idle.
They get some deliveries, they just don’t necessarily have the flood of deliveries that the east coast and hopefully soon the Midwest will have.

I imagine in two weeks the whole US will be lit up with deliveries.

I'm guessing that they're building batches of cars/configurations based on overall demand, and then the system matches finished production with what has been ordered in the queue. It doesn't seem like they're building to exact demand as it's ordered.
That still surprises me that they try to anticipate popular configurations...seems like a legacy way of doing things. With their reservation system, they should know better than any other auto manufacturer exactly what mix of configurations to build and continually adjust. What if they end up with an abundance of unsold configurations that don't get matched by EOQ? I suppose they could just build less of that particular config at the beginning of next quarter.

Reactions: Peelz
Got my VIN and MVPA late last night, completed the insurance and financing. Didn't get any text to schedule delivery so I went to tesla.com/scheduled/rnxxxxxx and was allowed to schedule my delivery.

My SA sucks, no email communication, no responses, didn't email any document to me or text or anything useful. How are these people keeping their job? If I did a crap job like this fool, I would've been fired. I always had to call my local Service Centers and talk to an Advisor there. Ugh, whatever it's almost over.

It is here! May I present to you, SNOOPY!

Got dragged into a meeting shortly after delivery, so I haven't gone over the checklist yet, but the wait is finally over!
Hi Snoopy. Meet the Red Baron. Maybe we can get together some time to quaff root beers!

C176103D-467E-4ED0-9127-2E8ECFF11CE7.jpeg

That still surprises me that they try to anticipate popular configurations...seems like a legacy way of doing things. With their reservation system, they should know better than any other auto manufacturer exactly what mix of configurations to build and continually adjust. What if they end up with an abundance of unsold configurations that don't get matched by EOQ? I suppose they could just build less of that particular config at the beginning of next quarter.
With a limited amount of options that makes sense (ext color, int color, tow, seats, wheels). There's only so many combinations when there are 5 categories of choices. If someone does not get matched by EOQ what happens is the ring people up and offer them something different, for example for someone who ordered a white Y Tesla would go "hey do u want a grey one with no extra charge" (happened to me during an EOQ delivery before). I guess/heard that because of demand they are now leaning towards trying to match people up with unmatched cars but also getting them to pay for the additional options (usually color).

lol, sure but insurance companies can decide to refuse your claim if this has caused a fire or other damage. Without a permit and licensed contractor, the insurer considers that the homeowner is being negligent, and insurers never pay out claims resulting from negligence. Your coverage could even get cancelled.

Oh and If you fail to do it properly, and you have to file a home insurance claim due to a mistake, it could be extremely costly. Not only will you have to pay out-of-pocket for the loss, but filing a claim can cause your insurance premium to increase significantly.

So go ahead DIY, but be aware of potential consequences 🙃
What if I simply changed an outlet and did it poorly? Is that negligence or just incompetence? Code might say I need an electrician for that change, but I might claim I had no idea of that requirement and I've changed hundreds of outlets in my lifetime. What about plumbing? I do it poorly and it leaks and floods my house. Are they going to deny that too? Incompetence might get you denied future underwriting, but I don't see anything in my homeowner's policy about not covering poorly done DIY work nor non-permitted work. Maybe bad practice, in general, and maybe everyone's insurance rates are slightly higher because of people like me, but still pretty satisfying plugging in a charger into a 14-50 you've installed with your own hands.

Waiting for VIN here in Maryland, like many others...

Much of this will depend on their in house MRP/ERP implementation. Is it tilted to older MRP theories of batch and build or is it titled more towards demand flow type theory. I worked for a major industrial with both Aerospace and Automotive divisions. Our Auto sister division had more continuous supply chains with lower lead times so MRP/ERP was tuned for a more demand flow approach. Whilst in Aerospace with longer lead times and more stringent supply chains (esp in mil customers) we balanced flow with batching esp for economy of scale of purchasing across similar sub assemblies / systems.