Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had it delivered.
If you are in Chicago-land and didn’t get PPF, my delivery agent said to open a service ticket. They will come out and do it at your house.
I had 2 small issues so he said to add the PPF to that service appointment.

I didn't even know that Tesla did PPF installs. Can you send me a link to the service and cost?

Thanks,
RT

I didn't even know that Tesla did PPF installs. Can you send me a link to the service and cost?

Thanks,
RT
Looks like it is for rear fenders only. Don't get too much snow or sleet here in Pasadena, so I was hoping it was for the front somewhere...

Regarding what you said about it coming to almost full stop. Can you yourself hit the accelerator in that case since you know it’s safe to do so and then ease off the accelerator once you are in the clear and the car resumes automatic operations on its own? Or does it cancel AP whenever you take over and then you have to reengage AP again?
My xc90 has it where I can accelerate to get closer because I know it’s safe to do so and then release the accelerator and the car continues without me having to do anything.

What do you mean when you say “locked myself out“? My current non Tesla vehicle I can just resume autonomous features if I do something erratic and the vehicle cancels it.
Yes you can do that - I have gotten in the habit of that with my Model 3 to avoid that over-zealous braking when a car turns in front of me. The other time this happens is when someone coming from the opposite direction turns and crosses the lane in front of you. Even if you are really far away it will hit the brakes unnecessarily. So I gently stay on the accelerator in that situation as well.

Reactions: elguapo and dsandhu
Not sure how it varies State to state but once you pay for the car and arrange delivery, do they already have the temporary paper
license plate on the car at pickup? Does the customer have to arrange for a permanent plate and also go to the DMV to do the registration?
delivery center puts on the temporary plates at pickup. Not sure about the other part. Tesla already registered the car for you. You just have to wait for the plates in the mail. Ask this at delivery to confirm tho each state is unique

I guess the floodgate really opened. I didn’t expect to get a VIN that quick. Ordered 5/7. Estimated delivery 5/29 to 6/1. It just showed up in the wee hour today. White on black with induction and nothing else.
Does anyone know how to postpone delivery?

You can have them send it down the road to Bloomington for me, if you’re trying to postpone. ;)

I got my delivery date rescheduled for next Friday. No one from the Raleigh SC would answer the phone, so I had to go there in person to get this accomplished 🤔

This whole process has been super frustrating, to say the least. Customer service is non-existent and they have no regard for our busy schedules. We have to constrain ourselves to a 3 day window of their choosing, but when something on their end goes wrong they'll cancel and reschedule on a whim. Any excitement I had before is replaced with the stress of getting everything scheduled between a busy work schedule and busy personal life.

Now I need to call the person I'm selling my car to and tell them they need to wait another week.....

/rant

I was wondering the same. Is it also safe to wash the undercarriage?
i asked a lot of teslas owners along with SA and no one can give me an answer and the car has been out since mid 2000s roadster. 2012 for the model S. 2017 for the model 3. Its nuts. I would say no. never want to get the battery wet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 1.36.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 1.36.22 PM.png
    830.9 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Soosh
Amazing what a few minutes bring.
No sooner than posting I got a text asking me to accept delivery appointment for jun 3! I logged onto my account and there was the vin 195###
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ)
I’ve since decide to go with Carmax since ordering. Any idea how to let Tesla know? I don’t have a service advisor. Also does anyone have a good experience with Carmax? They offered $3500 more than Tesla.

I’m beyond frustrated. How are people who ordered a month+ after I did (April 9) getting their MYs now but I’ve still heard nothing? My EDD says June 12-27. Seriously????!!!! Is it that I’m picking mine up at Tyson’s Corner VA? I’ve heard they’re terrible but they should at least be getting SOME vehicles. I’m truly not sure it’s worth this frustration at this point. I’ve been without a car for a month now. 😖

i asked a lot of teslas owners along with SA and no one can give me an answer and the car has been out since mid 2000s roadster. 2012 for the model S. 2017 for the model 3. Its nuts. I would say no. never want to get the battery wet.
By wash I assume you mean some kind of undercarriage spray as at an automatic car wash? Sure that’s safe. If it wasn’t we would know about it by now…. The undercarriage including the battery and cabling get sprayed with water from the road frequently and are designed to be waterproof.

If by wash you mean aggressively hand washing underneath with a sponge or brush while banging around into the orange power cables then I wouldn’t personally do that very often.

Reactions: elguapo and Soosh