Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding what you said about it coming to almost full stop. Can you yourself hit the accelerator in that case since you know it’s safe to do so and then ease off the accelerator once you are in the clear and the car resumes automatic operations on its own? Or does it cancel AP whenever you take over and then you have to reengage AP again?
If you step on the gas, if I recall correctly, it will go back to the programmed speed (I set it to speed limit + 5 mph) and keep the lane. If you step on the brake, autopilot will be disabled and you need to turn it on again.. Same goes for when you override steering by pulling the steering wheel harder..

Reactions: dsandhu
Anyone able to find floor mats that are not black? I’m getting the white interior and I think light brown/beige probably looks better. I have searched around and not found any non black mats.
I think you may like these. Bit pricey but you'll get the whole car covered and I find the contrast pretty special. You can also get them with red frame trim if that's your thing.
Autotailors mats on Amazon

By wash I assume you mean some kind of undercarriage spray as at an automatic car wash? Sure that’s safe. If it wasn’t we would know about it by now…. The undercarriage including the battery and cabling get sprayed with water from the road frequently and are designed to be waterproof.

If by wash you mean aggressively hand washing underneath with a sponge or brush while banging around into the orange power cables then I wouldn’t personally do that very often.
Car wash has an option to clean underneath. No such thing as waterproof lol. Water resistant yes. If the seal breaks then it’s voided

Reactions: Soosh
I ordered blue M3 SR+ end of April and modified my order to white M3 LR on May 5th. I agreed to to take delivery ASAP but my dates just moved to 3 to 11 weeks :oops:. I am already spending a fortune on rentals... Anyone in AZ with order in similar timeframe actually taking delivery? Cheers and enjoy your cleaner rides.

Amazing what a few minutes bring.
No sooner than posting I got a text asking me to accept delivery appointment for jun 3! I logged onto my account and there was the vin 195###
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ)
I’ve since decide to go with Carmax since ordering. Any idea how to let Tesla know? I don’t have a service advisor. Also does anyone have a good experience with Carmax? They offered $3500 more than Tesla.
I've sold 2 cars to carmax and experience has been good. They will do a complete inspection of the car, check vin history and will drive it before they confirm their offer. I had a 15 year old tucson with engine light and oil light on, some rough spots and 155k miles. They gave me $2600, $900 more than the Tesla trade in, took about 40min at the carmax dealership. Used cars are like gold right now. Also compare to Carvana - they're giving good $ as well.

Amazing what a few minutes bring.
No sooner than posting I got a text asking me to accept delivery appointment for jun 3! I logged onto my account and there was the vin 195###
I ordered 5/7 MYLR w/w induction (Springfield NJ)
I’ve since decide to go with Carmax since ordering. Any idea how to let Tesla know? I don’t have a service advisor. Also does anyone have a good experience with Carmax? They offered $3500 more than Tesla.
Its easiest to do online chat and have them reset the trade in. Or you can have your SA do it the day of pickup

I just noticed Carvana will give me $1800 more for my current vehicle than Tesla. Sounds like a no-brainer, but won't I have to pay more tax on the Tesla if I end up doing a cash down payment vs. trade? Will it end up cancelling out to the point that I might as well just trade? How does this work?

I've sold 2 cars to carmax and experience has been good. They will do a complete inspection of the car, check vin history and will drive it before they confirm their offer. I had a 15 year old tucson with engine light and oil light on, some rough spots and 155k miles. They gave me $2600, $900 more than the Tesla trade in, took about 40min at the carmax dealership. Used cars are like gold right now. Also compare to Carvana - they're giving good $ as well.
This. I've got a rough looking but good running Fusion that Carvana offered $3k for, which I'll probably do once I get the MY finally.

We got our EDD June 12 - June 29. Order 5/8. Color change on 5/11. So our order date was saying 5/11. I never had EDD (not even estimated weeks). Now we have it. I hope they don't prepone for the week of June 7th through June 11th. I won't be here but my wife is in town. I have asked SA if I can sign the documents online and my wife can pick it up. We both are on the registration. He has not responded yet.

I just noticed Carvana will give me $1800 more for my current vehicle than Tesla. Sounds like a no-brainer, but won't I have to pay more tax on the Tesla if I end up doing a cash down payment vs. trade? Will it end up cancelling out to the point that I might as well just trade? How does this work?

Depends on your state. My state only requires sales tax on the difference of the trade and new car price. Others like CA make you pay sales tax on full new car price regardless of trade.

Personally CarMax offered me $1k more than Tesla, but I'll be saving $2k in sales tax by trading. So makes more since for me still to trade.

Definitely check with your local/state tax laws.

i asked a lot of teslas owners along with SA and no one can give me an answer and the car has been out since mid 2000s roadster. 2012 for the model S. 2017 for the model 3. Its nuts. I would say no. never want to get the battery wet.
I've driven mine through knee deep water and there are videos of a guy in his S with the water going up to the bottom of the windshield and still driving fine. Id say just like any "water resistant" technology, as long as it is not completely submerged for an extended period of time you are fine.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Depends on your state. My state only requires sales tax on the difference of the trade and new car price. Others like CA make you pay sales tax on full new car price regardless of trade.

Personally CarMax offered me $1k more than Tesla, but I'll be saving $2k in sales tax by trading. So makes more since for me still to trade.

Definitely check with your local/state tax laws.
You are the same as me in NC. The trade-in value is not taxable. So a difference of $1800 when considering private sell vs. trade-in will probably be a wash for me.