Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re fine. Either you’ll get your car before end of Q2 or there will be plenty in inventory if tonight is any indication! All good.

Yeah I am probably just overthinking and I got to remember there are folks whom have been waiting since March/April and are in the same boat as me. Just trying to time everything because my wife and I are selling both of our cars.

Reactions: elguapo
Went ahead and put the $100 down and after it went through I immediately got a VIN! 187XXX. Hopefully this time they don't screw it up, haha.
Yeah I said screw it and just bought an inventory vehicle with my exact config in Chicago. My family is out there so will be nice to see them when I go and pick it up. Got my VIN immediately as well. Admittedly I have not been waiting as long as most, but I have very little faith at the moment that I would be getting a car in June, and I can't be without a car, potentially, until September.

Shipping to Smithtown showroom. There was a charge to get it here but with my luck I'd probably miss the deadline when NY goes from $2000 to $500 at the end of June so I just said get the car.
Just a note, and my finding, this $2000 clean energy credit (NY), I found, is never clearly marked on any of the Tesla final paperwork, not itemized anywhere. The only indication, is that I had to sign over the credit to Tesla and that is stipulated in their Clean energy paperwork. Anyone else find this strange?

Yeah I said screw it and just bought an inventory vehicle with my exact config in Chicago. My family is out there so will be nice to see them when I go and pick it up. Got my VIN immediately as well. Admittedly I have not been waiting as long as most, but I have very little faith at the moment that I would be getting a car in June, and I can't be without a car, potentially, until September.

How do taxes work if you pick up out of state? I assume you will register the vehicle in CA and pay CA taxes. Do you still pay IL taxes too?

Just wanted to take a moment and back you up on this - I absolutely agree. It doesn't matter if the SA gets commissions or not. Every single customer deserves and is "owed" a basic level of respect, service and timely communication. None of those things should be considered optional. When you get better customer service paying $20k for a Toyota or Kia than you do with Tesla, something is very wrong.
Perfectly said and CONGRATS on the VIN#!!

How do taxes work if you pick up out of state? I assume you will register the vehicle in CA and pay CA taxes. Do you still pay IL taxes too?
That is a good question. I believe that I will be paying the IL sales taxes, but all of the registration and such will have to be in California. I should actually sync with my SA to confirm that, though. Absolutely not worth it if I get hit with taxes twice. 😅

Nope. I bought I Austin and am taking delivery in Ann Arbor MI. They had me set to deliver at the mall, which isn’t possible here. The service center scheduled me over the phone and then called back a few hours later asking if I want to come tomorrow. Unique situation i would imagine.
Go Blue! I (technically) ordered in Michigan and am taking delivery in Austin!😅

• Disagree
Reactions: kpfefferle
Just placed my order and when I checked yesterday it was 3-13wk estimate but just a bit ago when I ordered its now 9-13wk. I'm not in any particular rush. I don't have a lease running out or anything like that but my wait has begun. I already was ordering accessories before I placed my order so I don't even have that to go do while waiting LOL.

Anyone looking for a MYLR Red exterior/white interior, 7 seater with tow and 20" Induction wheels? Long story short, I was in the process of trying to get matched with an alternate vehicle today. My SA said he would finish working on it tomorrow and told me that if I wanted to reserve it so that I don't lose it, I could pay the $100 order fee. He sends me a link to the vehicle. I pay the fee not realizing its the wrong vehicle, a 7 seater. I'm not interested in a 7 seater. Vehicle location: Costa Mesa, CA. If anyone is interested and willing to reimburse me for the $100 order fee, I'd be happy to transfer the reservation to you. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    513.3 KB · Views: 64
Just placed my order and when I checked yesterday it was 3-13wk estimate but just a bit ago when I ordered its now 9-13wk. I'm not in any particular rush. I don't have a lease running out or anything like that but my wait has begun. I already was ordering accessories before I placed my order so I don't even have that to go do while waiting LOL.
You might think that you‘re not in any rush but you’ll be losing your mind just the same, if you’re here in this forum. :)

Reactions: Soosh and casey1202
Why do I see so many MY coming on to the inventory tonight? Did I misssomething

No idea but I ordered 4 days ago so I was at the back of the line. Found my exact ordered spec in existing inventory and ordered it immediately. Only difference was the existing inventory one had a tow hitch and it is a 9 hour drive instead of my original orders 6 hour drive. Already have a VIN! 184xxx. Do these have radar/lumbar?