Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0ylnF9T.jpg

A lot of inventory in the mid altantic area now. I see at least a dozen with different configs.
There are 8 in stock within 200 miles from my location in Central Florida..

Reactions: sthsthsthbatma
Ha. I know, right? I clicked “buy” on my config in inventory and then it was gone. It’s a feeding frenzy. Again, it’s because Tesla doesn’t really care.

We will get our orders by 6/30. It’s just a crappy experience to feel like you’re waiting in line at Best Biy trying to fight for a PS5 that costs $55,000!
They really want me to pay more for the same car don’t they??

Reactions: elguapo
In my case, because they botched it, they did give me the $100 back for the inventory car I never got. If you actually got one, you’d lose your $100 on the reservation. And the $100 spent on the inventory would be put toward purchase, as usual. So yes, you’d lose $100 in the unlikely event Tesla can figure out how to deliver a car that’s actually on its lot! :)
Went ahead and put the $100 down and after it went through I immediately got a VIN! 187XXX. Hopefully this time they don't screw it up, haha.

Anyone else in this thread feel like Red in Shawshank prison with a new batch of Andy Dufresne joining daily? I’ve been serving my sentence since 4/22. I know the ways of this establishment. Dates disappeared? Yea, that happens. Lumbar taken away? Please, I lost radar! SA won’t get back to you? I’ve emailed 5 times! Just waiting for my number to be called. And when we give up hope, just when we feel all is lost, we get our stamp of approval. Looking forward to getting my walking papers from this place that’s become my home for the last month on Friday!

How did you find out? Web? Email? Text?
Web. Was sitting there eating lunch, refreshed, and boom! It asked me to click continue with purchase or something, didn’t read it…lol, I was in disbelief or shock I think. Nothing else has changed though. No elusive blue button, no scheduling options, and SA won’t reply at all.

Attachments

• 399A3FBB-BF12-404A-BAA0-4C160F3247E7.jpeg
    399A3FBB-BF12-404A-BAA0-4C160F3247E7.jpeg
    271.3 KB · Views: 75
I’m the only one that’s paranoid about auto high beams leading to a road rage incident that could cause a Tesla driver physical harm… right guys?? Lol
I think it's a valid concern. And it's another reason why I'm at a total loss about them not adding the global headlights to the MYLR. If (and more likely when) "matrix" style lights are approved in the states, I think this is going to be more important than ever with Tesla Vision and using AP at night.

I can't agree with any of that. They are employees of Tesla, holding a Sales Associate position and we are the customers (paying a sh**ton I might add) and we are "owed" something, the truth, good or bad (and to be treated decently at least..). If they don't know, say it, don't lie about it (which I was 4 weeks in a row). How they're paid is not my concern, it's theirs and Tesla. I expect excellent customer and they (in my opinion) have lacked this completely (not all, some were great). As far as the end of quarter, I can partially agree with you, it worked out that way for me but I've been sitting here watching people that ordered way after me (many in May) take delivery over the last couple of weeks. Some of those I'm sure were either rejected or the customer pulled out at the last moment but not all. If I learned anything over the last couple of months, no one knows the Tesla process, not even the employees. I've said it before and I'll say it again, competition is coming and Tesla better tighten this sh** up or they will sink...
Just wanted to take a moment and back you up on this - I absolutely agree. It doesn't matter if the SA gets commissions or not. Every single customer deserves and is "owed" a basic level of respect, service and timely communication. None of those things should be considered optional. When you get better customer service paying $20k for a Toyota or Kia than you do with Tesla, something is very wrong.

Received VIN on May 27. Was told I would receive a text 'shortly' twice by SA's. Five days out and no text. 66 days to VIN is already an outlier for MN location according to tracking sheet. Website EDD was switched to current day when I received VIN, then pushed out one day, every day. Should I be worried?

While we wait, anyone have a recommendation for a front license plate holder that can flip up and down? I am in MD and have been pulled over in my X for not having a front plate. I do not want one on my Y, but no there are disappearing options.

Before replying, consider 1) I can do little/no electrical work and am not touching the batter or 12v on my Tesla and 2) there’s no great aftermarket folks in my area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Have you looked into bandit plate thingy? I’ve seen that mentioned a lot. Saw someone with some sort of static cling type plate on Facebook, i was going to click on the link they posted but forgot and then lost track of the post.

• Helpful