Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same situation. I had placed order at My location Atlanta on may 24. Finished application. Nothing then and even trade in was pretty slow.
now found my exact spec at Raleigh Nc. Placed another order to lock the car.

now I’ve got 2 orders on my account but this one with Vin 184xxx. Can I drive there from Atlanta to trade in my car and take delivery of the one at Raleigh?
also what’s the possibility to cancel or transfer my previous order at my current location.?

but I’m pretty pumped as atleast I have found one. Current order times is 9-13 weeks.. lol

Same situation. I had placed order at My location Atlanta on may 24. Finished application. Nothing then and even trade in was pretty slow.
now found my exact spec at Raleigh Nc. Placed another order to lock the car.

now I’ve got 2 orders on my account but this one with Vin 184xxx. Can I drive there from Atlanta to trade in my car and take delivery of the one at Raleigh?
also what’s the possibility to cancel or transfer my previous order at my current location.?

but I’m pretty pumped as atleast I have found one. Current order times is 9-13 weeks.. lol
Both my orders are about 90 mins away in different directions not sure what’s going to happen. Will figure it in the morning I guess.

Both my orders are about 90 mins away in different directions not sure what’s going to happen. Will figure it in the morning I guess.
Yes need to talk to my SA to figure Out. Chat person said order charge is non refundable but can talk to SA and match the one in the inventory if that is still bailable morning.
but I doubt if it would as it was MY white Ext Black Int 7 seater.
nothing was in my loacation and most of em I saw tonight we’re have add ons that don’t need. So pulled the trigger even though it was 6 hours far.

but the chat person did say I can may be swap it to someone if I don’t get a refund for the 100 worst case or may be keep it for future. Hilarious

Yes need to talk to my SA to figure Out. Chat person said order charge is non refundable but can talk to SA and match the one in the inventory if that is still bailable morning.
but I doubt if it would as it was MY white Ext Black Int 7 seater.
nothing was in my loacation and most of em I saw tonight we’re have add ons that don’t need. So pulled the trigger even though it was 6 hours far.

but the chat person did say I can may be swap it to someone if I don’t get a refund for the 100 worst case or may be keep it for future. Hilarious
It’s VIN 183 not sure If that has the new lights. Not sure about the radar a d the lumbar either.

Okay. It’s late at night on the east coast. I am prepared for VIN, Tesla.

Interestingly, almost every Y in inventory in Mid Atlantic is a 7 seater. I wonder why that is? They made more 7 seaters than folks want or people are turning them down since if you’re over about 5’5”, you won’t fit? Hmmm. So much to think about without my VIN.
Yeah, I really wanted to get the 7 seat. But when I made my reservation back at launch we didn't have kids yet so there was no need. And if I wanted to upgrade now I loose my reservation pricing so it would cost me 6500 to add the 7 seats. Mom got it on hers and after sitting back there myself I decided it wasn't really worth it. Do I fit? Technically if I scotch forward, I could probably sit back there if I needed to for a short drive to a store or restaurant or something, but not more than 20-30 min, and the kids will only be that small for a few more years. Hopefully we can trade it in for an X once they are a bit bigger.

Web. Was sitting there eating lunch, refreshed, and boom! It asked me to click continue with purchase or something, didn’t read it…lol, I was in disbelief or shock I think. Nothing else has changed though. No elusive blue button, no scheduling options, and SA won’t reply at all.
LOL do you think the button you clicked WAS the Tesla vision button? ROFL 🤣

Just a note, and my finding, this $2000 clean energy credit (NY), I found, is never clearly marked on any of the Tesla final paperwork, not itemized anywhere. The only indication, is that I had to sign over the credit to Tesla and that is stipulated in their Clean energy paperwork. Anyone else find this strange?
Are you leasing? if you are that is normal... the car belongs to them when you lease so they get all the credits...

That is a good question. I believe that I will be paying the IL sales taxes, but all of the registration and such will have to be in California. I should actually sync with my SA to confirm that, though. Absolutely not worth it if I get hit with taxes twice. 😅
I've bought out of stat before a few times... you pay the taxes for the state the car is registered in only.

Reactions: shanki
It’s VIN 183 not sure If that has the new lights. Not sure about the radar a d the lumbar either.
183xxx is likely a 4/30 build and therefore does not have the radar. It will have the lumbar support as mine is 1868xx and it still has the passenger lumbar support

EDIT: I know that 183xxx were produced 4/30 to 5/1 as I saw 2 with an 183xxx vin at Tesla Tampa and one of them had 4/30 and the other one had 5/1 marked as the buid date. Mine (vin 1868xx) is likely a 5/5 or 5/6 build.. The sticker indicating the build date was gone from mine as they remove them for delivery.

This forum is real value as I’ve been able to so much info here. Also took one from the inventory because of the alerts.. Not sure what would happened to my 1st order from May 24 with vin not yet assigned.
It's the only Tesla forum with a lot of activity.. I spent a lot of time on Insideevs which has plenty of information and posts on other EV's but their Tesla section is very slow.. Not much activity..

Reactions: Soosh and shanki
Ok so from what am I gathering here after purchasing inventory last night a vehicle that was confirmed to be at a location by the chat agent I should be able to go pickup the vehicle today? I did all the steps for purchasing. Not sure what the next leap is? If I am to wait for someone at Tesla to contact me or? The vehicle I purchased from inventory is at Dallas Cedar Springs. Thanks!

Ok so from what am I gathering here after purchasing inventory last night a vehicle that was confirmed to be at a location by the chat agent I should be able to go pickup the vehicle today? I did all the steps for purchasing. Not sure what the next leap is? If I am to wait for someone at Tesla to contact me or? The vehicle I purchased from inventory is at Dallas Cedar Springs. Thanks!
After my chat last night, I was informed that a Tesla SA should be in contact shortly and next would be to get the paper work done and prep the vehicle. Mostly a couple of days was their estimate. Delivery from other state might take 2 weeks.

After my chat last night, I was informed that a Tesla SA should be in contact shortly and next would be to get the paper work done and prep the vehicle. Mostly a couple of days was their estimate. Delivery from other state might take 2 weeks.
Awesome. I’m only a 45 minute drive from this location. I could easily go get it today I would think?