Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found one with less than 50 miles as odometer in Atlanta and placed a separate order.
Same config as my original order from 05/24 in White but this one different color with Black.
Accepeted Tesla vision, and i now have Vin.
I submitted a tradein which is currently under review now.
It is not asking me for Insurance yet and also says they will reach out for delivery.

Hope all is good and worth $1000 to avoid my original 07/23 - 08/12 EDD.

I found one with less than 50 miles as odometer in Atlanta and placed a separate order.
Same config as my original order from 05/24 in White but this one different color with Black.
It is not asking me for Insurance yet and also says they will reach out for delivery.

You're right, totally worth it!

Sometimes you have to refresh when you go to Tesla.com and click on Existing inventory. Select New and put 200 miles and switch between the 3, the Y , the 3 and back to the Y and they should load up if any available. Also check throughout the day as it's random when they list them and most have under 50 miles and will say in transit.

I'm assuming you already have a car that is insured. If so, you just call the agent when you know your delivery date (with the VIN) and they will give you a quote and ask what date you would like it to take effect. If you do NOT currently have insurance, I would start the process as soon as you have the VIN as well.
If you already have Insurance... Seriously? Call your agent? What is this 1973? Just go online and add the vehicle. What am I missing? Are you insured by Brown Valley insurance??? (Lots of humor in there). /s

If not then a different process for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: morbidz

VIN is 189xxx .. hope this is New and not Demo as it also says less than 50 miles on odometer. Eagatly waiting for a call to get more details.

Reactions: dsandhu
Matched with a demo vehicle today—not my exact config, but close enough and it’ll be here before we leave on a three month cross country road trip with our baby and (large) dog. It’s got 1300 miles on it but a 150ish VIN, so we’ll take the trade off given that the car and Autopilot (and our sanity?) will be immediately put through the paces.

Wishing the best for everyone still here waiting, but this March order is signing off, giving my refresh button a break, and heading outside. In case I don’t see ya…

09F7CDB0-E9FC-4F1C-9411-F18BA1537F0E.gif

I have been scouring the existing inventory the last three days because my EDD just keeps getting pushed back more and more.

My original order: MY LR, Red, Induction wheels, White Interior, Ordered 5/11

After searching today's dump of demo cars on the site I found a MSM MYP with white interior in Chicago with ~1,500 miles on it. I got my significant other's blessing to spend an extra $6k or so on the performance model. She was more than willing and probably would've approved any other car than the red one I ordered (she hated that color) :).

Then I saw there was a $1k delivery charge since it was in Chicago and I'm on the east coast. That sucked but whatever. Then for some ungodly reason I decided to keep looking in the existing inventory and stumbled upon the same exact car except 1) only 400 miles on it and 2) in my exact city so I will hopefully get it even sooner. Fastest extra $100 I ever spent and got the VIN instantly of course.

So at that point I had three Model Y's on order. Of course I cancelled the Chicago MYP but I am still going to keep my original red MYLR in case something happens to the MSM MYP on delivery or I change my mind for whatever reason. Hopefully no one went too crazy with the test drives in the MYP, but only 400 miles on the odometer makes me confident itll be fine.

I have been scouring the existing inventory the last three days because my EDD just keeps getting pushed back more and more.

My original order: MY LR, Red, Induction wheels, White Interior, Ordered 5/11

After searching today's dump of demo cars on the site I found a MSM MYP with white interior in Chicago with ~1,500 miles on it. I got my significant other's blessing to spend an extra $6k or so on the performance model. She was more than willing and probably would've approved any other car than the red one I ordered (she hated that color) :).

Then I saw there was a $1k delivery charge since it was in Chicago and I'm on the east coast. That sucked but whatever. Then for some ungodly reason I decided to keep looking in the existing inventory and stumbled upon the same exact car except 1) only 400 miles on it and 2) in my exact city so I will hopefully get it even sooner. Fastest extra $100 I ever spent and got the VIN instantly of course.

So at that point I had three Model Y's on order. Of course I cancelled the Chicago MYP but I am still going to keep my original red MYLR in case something happens to the MSM MYP on delivery or I change my mind for whatever reason. Hopefully no one went too crazy with the test drives in the MYP, but only 400 miles on the odometer makes me confident itll be fine.
And I'm going to reply to my own post by also giving advice for anyone searching the existing inventory. Don't turn down cars with FSD. It's dead simple to pull it off the car order, even demo units. I had originally asked a Tesla rep on the phone and she said I'd just have to call and ask to remove FSD from my order and that was my original plan. However, when I placed my order for the demo unit car, there's a big button (where 'Add FSD' is if you made an order without it) that says 'Remove FSD'. Easy peasy. Just a tip so no one misses out on a car because it's 10k too much.

And I'm going to reply to my own post by also giving advice for anyone searching the existing inventory. Don't turn down cars with FSD. It's dead simple to pull it off the car order, even demo units. I had originally asked a Tesla rep on the phone and she said I'd just have to call and ask to remove FSD from my order and that was my original plan. However, when I placed my order for the demo unit car, there's a big button (where 'Add FSD' is if you made an order without it) that says 'Remove FSD'. Easy peasy. Just a tip so no one misses out on a car because it's 10k too much.
Yup exactly what I did. I chatted first to make sure and they said it was possible, but I wasn’t sure what the process was. I didn’t want to lose out on the car so I just played the lottery and paid the $100. I was doing this all in my car waiting at the vet with my dog sweating because of the heat and because I just bought another Model Y. Luckily the REMOVE FSD button was right there in the account and I was able to take it off.

Yup exactly what I did. I chatted first to make sure and they said it was possible, but I wasn’t sure what the process was. I didn’t want to lose out on the car so I just played the lottery and paid the $100. I was doing this all in my car waiting at the vet with my dog sweating because of the heat and because I just bought another Model Y. Luckily the REMOVE FSD button was right there in the account and I was able to take it off.
Your sig says that you ordered 4/13. Did you have to pay for the 1 or 2 price increases since you ordered? My SA said that you could pull out FSD but you’d have to pay new price.

I agree. I had my M3 from Bay area and now i ordered MY in Las Vegas. When i first went to the store. The first impression was so bad They didn't really know the new details or updates.
And i felt not welcomed at all.
and now i tried to contact my SA and she doesn't text back or hard to reach thru the phone call🤷‍♀️
They really act like they hate the customers.

Reactions: 63AMG
They really act like they hate the customers.

I was driving to the store to look at one of the demos to see if there was any damage - called the store to make sure its outside/onsite, but the SA at the store told me don't bother they close in 10 mins. 🥴 I said I just want to look at it - said it isn't at the stores, its off site. Told me he will send me pictures tomorrow. 😄 If this was a normal dealership - I'd be driving it right now instead of waiting.

Your sig says that you ordered 4/13. Did you have to pay for the 1 or 2 price increases since you ordered? My SA said that you could pull out FSD but you’d have to pay new price.
The prices on the inventory cars reflect the price increases - with or without FSD. If your SA can get them to “grandfather” you, great. It’s been done, but Tesla is pricing them at current prices.