Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you all think it would have been less torturous if they just don't put any date range until a VIN is assigned?
With hindsight, yes. OTOH, I have no EDD, no SA, and no VIN. This makes me wonder if my order has fallen through the cracks and nothing will happen unless I take further action.

The root of the problem is deliveries got delayed due to parts shortages. Removing radar and passenger side lumbar support adjustment opened the floodgates. Now the system is overloaded and in disarray.

Your blood pressure may be in better shape If you treat the EDD as a sign that you are in the queue somewhere and not as a promise of when you should expect to get your car. I imagine that once the chaos subsides, the EDDs won't jump around so much and will become useful again.

Reactions: Emmadiane
Woke up this morning to do my usual refresh of my order page...has been creeping one day at a time like a lot of people. June 16th, June 17th, June 18th, all with a June 30th end date. Stayed at 6/18 for a few days. Today I refresh and get this 😭
View attachment 669820
Your situation is the exact reason why I punted and looked for inventory. When I got bumped out to late July, early August, I thought it might be bumped even later. The main reason I think they are bumping is they produce the Euro orders the first part of the quarter so there is time to get them shipped and delivered before the end. The have more time for North American orders to build, ship, and deliver.

I assume this will be the case until Berlin is up and running.

Reactions: elguapo
Ordered 4-6. Car delivered today. Those ofyou still waiting. Remain patient. It’s 100% worth it.

The dates are pretty meaningless outside the original “x-x weeks” estimate.
View attachment 669883

Congratulations on your unicorn! That’s my delivery center as well. Were you able to get some idea when your Y was built and or shipped, how many days it took between it being built and delivery?

I got a call 2 days ago saying that my Y was built that morning and on the way to Bloomington, and they gave an appointment for 15 days out. 15 days seems excessive. Hoping I’d get a call to reschedule early. I’m all paid up and uploaded my insurance card with my new vin. 🤞

Reactions: Pamdabull
Your situation is the exact reason why I punted and looked for inventory. When I got bumped out to late July, early August, I thought it might be bumped even later. The main reason I think they are bumping is they produce the Euro orders the first part of the quarter so there is time to get them shipped and delivered before the end. The have more time for North American orders to build, ship, and deliver.

I assume this will be the case until Berlin is up and running.
Model Y’s are not sold in Europe yet. They’re waiting for the Berlin factory to come online and that will be the EU producer. MY’s are only sold (in bulk) in US, Canada, and China (and the China factory produces their own cars).

So I got my vin a couple of weeks ago and delivery of June11-17 . Shortly after an email to upload insurance. With Geico I couldn’t put in the five digit code. I was having a lot trouble trying to reach out to my SA which I’ve never spoken to or seen and with no luck no return calls or emails after about three or four days I went over to the Fort Lauderdale dealership and had someone help me with the insurance card.
Called today about delivery and paperwork and was told that my SA had quit and have I not received email correspondence? Costumer service stinks. Very frustrating to say the least. Now no SA said I would get an email🤷🏻‍♀️ Oh and I should expect delivery on the 15 however, the salesperson said car was being delivered today. Does anyone really know anything????

Just took delivery of our blue model Y LR today from Lawrence location and the experience is great! The car is flawless inside out and the process is really simple and efficient. A few notes:

1, No refreshed headlights;
1, No passenger lumbar support for our 183XXX VIN;
2, Front mudflaps and back PPF are installed.

The driving is so much better than the MB CLC we replaced. For the people still waiting, hope you will get yours soon and it really worth the wait!

Attachments

• mmexport1622914814136.jpg
    mmexport1622914814136.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 76
  • mmexport1622914819029.jpg
    mmexport1622914819029.jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 65
  • mmexport1622914821975.jpg
    mmexport1622914821975.jpg
    431.7 KB · Views: 67
  • mmexport1622914825943.jpg
    mmexport1622914825943.jpg
    583 KB · Views: 57
Looks a lot better after it’s foam wash this morning. Switched out the Geminis for TSportline TSTs in 20s with Michelin 265/40/20s. The only issues I see is a hole in the back of the second row and the steering wheel is slightly to the right.
View attachment 669884
View attachment 669885View attachment 669886View attachment 669887
View attachment 669888

The “hole” is where the latch for the bar that the middle seat passed through and latches to on the passenger seat. Drop the middle one and you’ll see.

Model Y’s are not sold in Europe yet. They’re waiting for the Berlin factory to come online and that will be the EU producer. MY’s are only sold (in bulk) in US, Canada, and China (and the China factory produces their own cars).
Thanks for the clarification. Then the dates are even more messed up than I thought.

I am so glad I found something in inventory that would work.

You can contact the online chat on Tesla's website to let them confirm if your profile is all set for your order.
Thanks! I've called them a couple of times to make sure everything is okay. What they tell me contradicts what most people here are saying. They tell me I will not get a SA or an EDD until after I get a VIN. Yet many people here suggest using the SA to get a VIN and an EDD.

Perhaps the difference is because I chose to pay $750 to have the car delivered to my door instead of driving 1200+ miles to pick it up. Before I ordered they told me I could pick it up from a SC 150 miles away but they were wrong. This bait and switch eroded my trust especially since they wouldn't refund my $100 if I cancelled an order that was made under these false pretenses. I'm hoping Tesla will redeem themselves by getting radar-free AP to work properly.

So I'm in a weird place. I still have a lease on an old Outlander PHEV until September, so when I ordered and the time frame said 9 to 13 weeks that was perfect for me. Shortly after my order on June 1st, my time dropped to June 12th to June 29th. That is a lot sooner than I was expecting a vehicle but I know that EDD are often changing and misleading so we'll see what really happens. I can't decide if I just pay off my lease early and take delivery or choose to go back to the end of the line and wait until closer to September for delivery? I guess until I have a VIN it's all still just a guessing game anyway.