Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand everyone protects their VIN, order number, and license plate numbers like their socials, but...why? No one can do anything with my order number, for instance, without logging in to the system (email, password, 2FA).

Same with VINs and license plates. Every time I go out in public thousands of people have full access to my VIN and plate number.
It's another personalized data point that can possibly be used against you. Someone could try to use social engineering to call Tesla and have them reset your password or email or something. Is it likely to happen? No. But why take the risk?

I understand everyone protects their VIN, order number, and license plate numbers like their socials, but...why? No one can do anything with my order number, for instance, without logging in to the system (email, password, 2FA).

Same with VINs and license plates. Every time I go out in public thousands of people have full access to my VIN and plate number.
It's just good practice; especially in the digital world. You'd be surprised what information you can pull with order numbers in general... I've seen some crazy stuff people can query on the backend.

I really can't wait , i can now count the days until delivery! I do have one concern, i want to order parts for the car but don't want my wife to know about the car yet (it's a surprise). I did bring home the same exact car and she loved it but she knew it was a test drive. I will say i am test driving it again and see how long it will take her to figure out it's ours to keep 😏. So if parts start arriving for the car, it will spoil it. I guess i can just leave touchscreen plastic on until i get the screen protector. Fingers crossed it comes installed with PPF on rear door and mudflaps. June 14th on a Monday is delivery day, never thought i can wait for the day i'm hoping it would be a Monday.

Watching my delivery dates change daily is like watching a suspenseful movie. I. Can. Not. Stop! Had my vin for a week and a half and have been watching my dates slip by one daily. This morning they moved up to 6/8-6/11. Just checked again and it says 9-13 weeks! Should I call my SC and bug them again?
oh yeah - I'd be on them like white on rice - can you go the SC in person?

Reactions: Lindc
I really can't wait , i can now count the days until delivery! I do have one concern, i want to order parts for the car but don't want my wife to know about the car yet (it's a surprise). I did bring home the same exact car and she loved it but she knew it was a test drive. I will say i am test driving it again and see how long it will take her to figure out it's ours to keep 😏. So if parts start arriving for the car, it will spoil it. I guess i can just leave touchscreen plastic on until i get the screen protector. Fingers crossed it comes installed with PPF on rear door and mudflaps. June 14th on a Monday is delivery day, never thought i can wait for the day i'm hoping it would be a Monday.
just ask a buddy if you can ship it to his/her house, boom done

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindc and GOVA
Got the text message to scheduling an appointment. Got times from next (6/15) Tuesday to (6/17) Thursday in the afternoon, is there any way to request an earlier/later pickup like on the weekend or at an earlier time during the day via your SC or are they usually firm on this?

I kinda feel the same way about my order number for sure. Between my password and 2FA I’m not overly concerned. But I still appreciate @uberAsian calling it to my attention. Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: PatrickTM and GOVA
Anyone have a VIN And still getting your date pushed back? Received the VIN May 28 and our delivery date has gone back a day every day since we got the VIN. It first said June 12-15. Now it says June 21-24. I have chatted with Tesla Online Chat because my SA does not respond to any emails at all.

Watching my delivery dates change daily is like watching a suspenseful movie. I. Can. Not. Stop! Had my vin for a week and a half and have been watching my dates slip by one daily. This morning they moved up to 6/8-6/11. Just checked again and it says 9-13 weeks! Should I call my SC and bug them again?
Email your service center, or stop by if it’s near. Keep after them to try to get it scheduled if you already have a vin.

Reactions: Lindc
Anything else to do other than insurance for completing profile? Can't get insurance w/o a VIN, but otherwise everything's done.
  • Registration
  • Trade-in (I said no trade and had SA update it after receiving a VIN, otherwise I'd have to rerun an assessment after 30 days)
  • Finance/Cash/Lease (I said cash and had SA update to finance after receiving a VIN, otherwise I'd have to have a 2nd credit check knowing it would expire after 30 days)
  • Insurance if your state allows without a VIN. (In PA you need a VIN, so I didn't have to submit insurance info until right before payment)

7FED5460-7847-4F64-97E2-B8BBFA57ACC4.jpeg
Omg!!! Finally!!! Now, I can deliver my baby in peace when it’s time.

I also just got the schedule delivery text!

Can anyone explain the change in down payment once you've accepted the trade-in value?

Before accepted: Account showed I owed $2,482
After accepted: Account shows I owe $4,218

The trade-in value is $21,700. And the 8% sales tax savings should be $1,736. This is exactly the difference for my new payment required. I don't understand why I now owe more once I accepted the trade-in value. Is this something that gets changed when they literally have the trade-in car in their possession? Do I receive a $1,736 credit or do they not process payment until I drive off with the car? I don't want to authorize an ACH request until I have the MY.

Ordered 4/24... Got freaked out last week when my EDD changed to 9-13 weeks, got a hold of my SA and she found a new vehicle in another province with different options and I was ok with it. Switched the booking to that one.

Got the text for delivery and am currently scheduled to pick up on Tuesday. Hoping it can somehow be changed to Saturday (that SC is closed Sundays and Mondays)

Vin 203xxx

Ordered 4/24... Got freaked out last week when my EDD changed to 9-13 weeks, got a hold of my SA and she found a new vehicle in another province with different options and I was ok with it. Switched the booking to that one.

Got the text for delivery and am currently scheduled to pick up on Tuesday. Hoping it can somehow be changed to Saturday (that SC is closed Sundays and Mondays)

Vin 203xxx
DId you pay the old price plus the cost of options, or did you pay the new increased price?

DId you pay the old price plus the cost of options, or did you pay the new increased price?

The price appears to be the same minus a couple options. I think I got in right after the price increases originally 😫
In Canada the price hasn't changed. The exchange rate has been changing in Tesla's favour so we Canadians got the "price increase" in a different way.

Reactions: rmack