Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was supposed to pick up my inventory car today at 10 but at 930 got a call that it wasn't there. Would have been nice to know the night before. It doesn't help that they don't respond to my texts, and calling the service center now routes to a central call center rather than to the actual service center.

Spouse doesn't want to deal with this so I am planning on picking up the car with a blanket power of attorney. The phone rep in the call center said he doesn't think this is possible (I can buy a house and sign a mortgage with it so it should work...), so I'll confirm when they eventually find the car and call me to reschedule delivery.

Reactions: jstnmz and blissful
Was supposed to pick up my inventory car today at 10 but at 930 got a call that it wasn't there. Would have been nice to know the night before. It doesn't help that they don't respond to my texts, and calling the service center now routes to a central call center rather than to the actual service center.

Spouse doesn't want to deal with this so I am planning on picking up the car with a blanket power of attorney. The phone rep in the call center said he doesn't think this is possible (I can buy a house and sign a mortgage with it so it should work...), so I'll confirm when they eventually find the car and call me to reschedule delivery.
When I was taking delivery, I seen blank spaces on the paperwork where forms can be signed by the buyer's agent. So I'm thinking it could work.

Reactions: elguapo
I just had the worst delivery experience at Renton - the demo model never went through detail, and had a lot of the moving adhesive still on the front bumper/delivery stickers still on, interior was filthy, and the front drivers wheel arch plastic had markings on them. I told the manager that I just wanted the piece replaced (it's $100 online) and she said no - that this is a demo unit and comes as is.

They brought their detail guy out to rub the plastic wheel arch - which can't be done because its plastic, needs to be replaced. I told him to stop touching my car with his dirty towel, and he got in my face. He told me he is ready to take an assault case, called me racist, said to watch my back, etc etc. all while the managers stood there and did nothing, and just threw up their hands. Store manager then tells me to leave their property before she calls the police and report me for trespassing.

In my 40+ years of living, I have not ever experienced anything like this. Even in general, day to day - I have never been in this type of situation, where an employee; or anyone in general was ready to assault me because I told him not to touch my car.

I still am in shock, and not really sure what to do. I just wanted to purchase a vehicle. :(

Haha, I paid the down payment, take my money and give me the car. I know @dsandhu will agree with me. 😂
When I tried to make the payment, I selected my bank and then they asked me for my username, password, and pin☹️ They did say they would protect it.

So now I'll change them, give them to Tesla, and change them back. Will see if they complain

• Funny
Reactions: dsandhu and elguapo
Just got my vin for MYLR / Red /white seats after refreshing the page so many times. No FSD. EDD 9 to 13 weeks, Lol. Was June 21 -30 before the blue button. Going to be picking up in NOVA at Tyco Rd Tysons hopefully. No texts or calls or emails yet asking to select delivery date.

I considered them but one of the reviewers mentioned slipperiness with the Tesmanian. I liked the style of the Tesmanian and asked the rest of the family to choose between Tesmanian and 3DMax. Wife and kid wanted to go with what we know worked for us on the Model S, so we stayed with 3DMax. I probably would have been happy with Tesmanian too. It was definitely down to those two.
@TechDaddy , just wanted to add that I bought the Tesmanian trunk/subtrunk/frunk liners today (still waiting for the car though). My 3dMaxPider set arrived for the cabin of the car, but I wanted to try Tesmanian for the cargo areas because:

1) They have a sale at the moment, plus additional 10% off with either code "daerik" or "TES10".
2) I had the 3dMaxPider cargo liner on the Model S and the underside of the liner is very prickly every time I had to access the subtrunk. The prickly "hairs" on the underside are great for securing down the 3DMaxPider floor mats for 1st and 2nd rows and you never deal with them again unless you take the floor mats out to wash. However, you come in contact with the prickly side quite often every time you need to access the subtrunk. For this reason, I went with Tesmanian brand for the cargo areas. Hope that helps.

When I tried to make the payment, I selected my bank and then they asked me for my username, password, and pin☹️ They did say they would protect it.

So now I'll change them, give them to Tesla, and change them back. Will see if they complain
Nobody should ask you for your bank user name or password/pin except the real bank website or ATM. It sounds to me like a scam if someone asks me for password of my bank account.

I just had the worst delivery experience at Renton - the demo model never went through detail, and had a lot of the moving adhesive still on the front bumper/delivery stickers still on, interior was filthy, and the front drivers wheel arch plastic had markings on them. I told the manager that I just wanted the piece replaced (it's $100 online) and she said no - that this is a demo unit and comes as is.

They brought their detail guy out to rub the plastic wheel arch - which can't be done because its plastic, needs to be replaced. I told him to stop touching my car with his dirty towel, and he got in my face. He told me he is ready to take an assault case, called me racist, said to watch my back, etc etc. all while the managers stood there and did nothing, and just threw up their hands. Store manager then tells me to leave their property before she calls the police and report me for trespassing.

In my 40+ years of living, I have not ever experienced anything like this. Even in general, day to day - I have never been in this type of situation, where an employee; or anyone in general was ready to assault me because I told him not to touch my car.

I still am in shock, and not really sure what to do. I just wanted to purchase a vehicle. :(
I would have rejected the car as soon as she denied the request to replace the part. If she threatens to call the cops, I would just wait, and make a tweet calling help from papa elon. Also, its a place with proximity to 10's of teslas, and I am sure many of them will be recording the incident. It will be manager's word against Tesla cam.

sorry for what happened. now that it happened, i would just let it go and call it water under the bridge.

Congratulations, you have a Tesla! A lot of us in this forum are (im)patiently waiting for one. Enjoy your new ride.

Wow, that's crazy. As overworked as SC employees are, I've always seen happy, smiling, cheerful staff at several stores and SCs.

Seeing the condition of the demo and the manager's reluctance to budge, I would've simply rejected the car. I can understand your frustrations and asking the detail guy to "stop touching my car" shouldn't warrant the kind of response you received. The fact the manager just stood there and threatened to report a customer for trespassing speaks volumes about the lack of professionalism at that particular SC. On the other hand, we're only getting your side of events. No offense, I've been duly reminded recently that there's always two sides to a story.

Do you have any witnesses of the interaction? I would definitely report this to corporate and obviously won't accept the demo car nor trust this SC to service your Tesla (if you still want a Tesla) in the future. I wonder if the "detail guy" is a Tesla employee or a vendor they outsource to. The guy is probably also under pressure and overworked but doesn't justify that sort of response.