Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only been able to skim the posts from today. Did anyone without a VIN or delivery date NOT end up with a September EDD? As best I can tell everyone shows September as of today.

Possible reasons:
  • Tesla realized they were pissing everyone off by missing their estimates so just decided, "Fine, just move everyone to last month in Q3. We should be able to get them all by then."
  • ERP/MRP Regeneration (context: Current Delivery Times)
  • Another system glitch (e.g. everyone showing blue model 3, invisible cars, or simply unavailable)
  • Big changes to the vehicles (seems very unlikely, unless it's another removal of an "unused" feature)
  • Some cruel social psychology experiment that slipped past the IRB approval process

I would imagine the poor programmer that created the Estimated Delivery Date code never accounted for this supply chain mess. The triggers they probably used to indicate delivery dates are likely unreliable given the scrambling. My consumer tech company is also scrambling due to global supply chain issues. We're doing a combo of things like quality alternative parts, squeeze as many parts from current suppliers as possible, accelerate longer-term strategic decisions, and slow demand - or at least delivery - in certain scenarios. I feel like we're all currently a part of this within Tesla and EDD are just at the end of the bull-whip effect.
2 - 6 weeks for me, as it has been since I took my order off hold. Briefly had 06/08-06/20 but that disappeared. MYSR white/white/19/no FSD. Ordered March 02. On hold until May 15ish.

Reactions: md99
I've only been able to skim the posts from today. Did anyone without a VIN or delivery date NOT end up with a September EDD? As best I can tell everyone shows September as of today.

Possible reasons:
  • Tesla realized they were pissing everyone off by missing their estimates so just decided, "Fine, just move everyone to last month in Q3. We should be able to get them all by then."
  • Another system glitch (e.g. everyone showing blue model 3, invisible cars, or simply unavailable)
  • Big changes to the vehicles (seems very unlikely, unless it's another removal of an "unused" feature)
  • Some cruel social psychology experiment that slipped past the IRB approval process

I would imagine the poor programmer that created the Estimated Delivery Date code never accounted for this supply chain mess. The triggers they probably used to indicate delivery dates are likely unreliable given the scrambling. My consumer tech company is also scrambling due to global supply chain issues. We're doing a combo of things like quality alternative parts, squeeze as many parts from current suppliers as possible, accelerate longer-term strategic decisions, and slow demand - or at least delivery - in certain scenarios. I feel like we're all currently a part of this within Tesla and EDD are just at the end of the bull-whip effect.

Given the wonkiness of the front facing system(s) this month / last month, I could def see bullet one and/or three.

I'm just not familiar enough with Tesla's ERP, but a mass move like this screams regen. Though, folks are mentioning there's internal system dates still pegged with dates re feedback from SAs.

I could see the front facing system having a place holder month if the back end regen is in progress. But it would be an admission internally for Tesla that their master plans and schedules are way out of whack. Caveat being they could just regen periodically as standard practice to clean things up. Many companies do this, and I could see EOQ / Half-Year being a logical time to do it if they do - and typically a regen exercise like this takes a while to prepare and execute through.

-- EDIT - All of this assuming it is a regen / replan occurring. Of course that is pure speculation.

Possible reasons:

I do not have the September estimated delivery date or a VIN: EDD currently 6/17-6/29

Possible reasons:

I still have my same date range, June 17-30. Ordered 4/21.

Reactions: BitJam
Well, kids — tomorrow is (hopefully) the day! Scheduled for home delivery at 10:00 AM. Took this afternoon off to finalize sale of my 2018 BMW X3. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Theoretically I should have photos to share in the not too distant future. 😍
And …. we are officially official! X3 is sold, Tesla called to confirm 10:00 tomorrow morning, and I’m in a Lyft on my way home. Sending good vibes to everyone still waiting.

Last edited:
You must have accepted the financing terms? If you don't need to shop around for financing anymore, then you don't need an MVPA. Maybe your SA can find the old doc? The mileage is undeterminable unless you have a demo. Looks like everyone is 15 (unitless). You won't know the actual mileage until the SC receives the car and can look at the odometer. It might gain a mile going on and off the truck/train from Fremont so I doubt they are relaying that info until delivery.

Unless someone knows otherwise?
Yes, I have already accepted the finance terms so I am good there. Thanks for that piece of info. As for mileage, I know the vehicle has 9 miles on it according to the SA. I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow in Rockville however got a call this morning that the vehicle is still sitting in the same place it was a week ago awaiting transport. Not sure who handles transportation logistics but damn, I feel like someone needs a swift kick. Anyways, my pickup date was shifted to this coming Saturday @ noon. Guess I can wait a few more days.

Possible reasons:

I still have June 18-30 for my EDD.