Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question:

I would refresh the status page to see if there is any update on the EDD. This morning I got logged out and logged back in to my Tesla account and it displayed a message asking me if I'm ready to take delivery. I clicked I'm Ready and then got the usual status page. Does anyone know why Tesla asks this and if it has anything to do with the delivery time, or anything else?
Sounds like it was the blue button about Tesla vision... had you accepted that already?

Crazy. I must have missed the cutoff for late Q2, early Q3 delivery by a day. Mt. Kisco delivery but now my EDD just straight says September. Went from June 12th to now September. Crazy & frustrated.
Check again, the same thing happened to me with the September EDD for the past week. Then it switched to June 29-30 this morning. Could just be another glitch. We’ll see if it holds.

Reactions: JohnC-PA
Sounds like it was the blue button about Tesla vision... had you accepted that already?
Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery.

Can anyone confirm if they are getting the blue Tesla vision button on any orders placed after May 21? I pulled the above text from the Tesla site.

Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery.

Can anyone confirm if they are getting the blue Tesla vision button on any orders placed after May 21? I pulled the above text from the Tesla site.
Ordered May 25th, and yes I had to accept the Tesla Vision page prior to seeing the VIN.

Reactions: Vosty3
After watching a bunch of you guys abandon your original orders and grab an inventory car instead, I found myself checking out Tesla's new inventory listings the past couple days. My 5/21 order had moved to July/August and now September this morning. This afternoon while doing the annoying click-unclick 'refresh' of inventory, a MYLR popped up which matched my specs except the color - red instead of white.

So I quickly made a decision to buy it. Being that it's red and the current pricing instead of the pricing I locked into with my original order, it's a bit more in price. However that increase is mostly negated by 3 things: 1) The NYS EV rebate dropping from $2,000 to $500 by June 30 which I can now take full advantage of, 2) A low 0.98% @ 60 months interest rate which expires in July, and 3) Getting a solid selling offer to Carvana for our current lease.

I touched base with my SA (who has been great, btw) and he confirmed it's brand new and arriving to my pickup location on 6/21 (Monday), and is currently in a rail yard. I received the VIN instantly after clicking buy now and it's 208XXX, a recent build it seems. Tesla ratematch was also able to transfer my 0.98% interest rate to my new order.

I had never considered red due to it's $2,000 upcharge, nor have I ever seen a red MY in person before, but I'm liking it in photos. Of course there's plenty of time left here for drama to ensue, such as the car being late, etc, but as long as I can take delivery within the next 2 weeks and 1 day, it'll work for me. And I still have the original white MY order, in the slim chance I somehow get a VIN during this time and can then decide which MY to take delivery of.
I saw a red one with the induction wheels and white interior at a supercharger over the weekend and almost started regretting my decision to go #teamblue. I still love the blue with white interior which is what I ordered and still plan to keep my order that way, but if a red one pops up in inventory that matches everything else other then the exterior color, I may jump on it. The red looks amazing in person with the blacked out trim and black wheels...

Reactions: cancoi and Greg007
Real talk the amount of model y’s on order right now is likely really high. A lot of us know the used market is nutty due to lack of used inventory nationwide and we are dumping our used vehicles and going new. Model y’s have been out for a while so those of us who didn’t want to be early adopters are now dead set on our purchase. It’s been really interesting watching the major manufactures Ford Mach e, Audi e tron, & vw id4 all attempt to play catch up and fall short in many of the areas that matter range, performance & infrastructure. All of that is worth sacrificing a few build quality issues. Toyota also just announced the GR cross over all electric in the works. Electric cross over vehicles is the battle ground buckle in and enjoy the ride!

Same experience for me when buying in other states.
Usually, I've paid sales tax in my home state but not always. I learned to avoid taking any sort of delivery in California. The whack you with crazy sales taxes if you pick it up there. I have also had to pay in other states.

At the time, some were less than my home state and some more. If it was less, I got credit toward the sales tax in my home state so to speak, but I had to pay the difference to my home state. If more, too bad, I just ended up over paying and my home state didn't ask for anything.

There are 2 DCUs. Digital federal credit union is 1.24% for upto 65 months. Delta credit union is .98% for I think 60 months
Digital Federal Credit Union is what people have been referring to as "DCU" for quite a while.
Delta Community Credit Union has had some great rates recently and is being mention a lot more lately. Should probably be referred to as "DCCU" or "Delta Community" to avoid confusion.

Reactions: sgalla04