Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning my dates changed from June 29 - June 30 to June 26 - June 30 and I received an email about completing the final payment. The timing was funny because my wife and I decided yesterday to cancel our Model Y order today prior to getting this update. So if anyone was looking for a blue / white / 7 seater / tow hitch keep your eyes on existing inventory in case they don't match "my" car to an existing order. Pickup was going to Mt Kisco. Good luck to everyone on here, Model Y is an amazing vehicle!

Reactions: iratre and BitJam
Took delivery this afternoon. It was inventory, but just unmatched, so came from Fremont, was heading to mid Atlantic anyway, no fee, and it had 4 miles on it at deliver.

Hang in there folks. As many have said, totally worth it, incredible car and engineering, but craptastic pre delivery. Several thoughts:

1) Panels were perfect. I had time (see below) to look at 7-8 other new Ys and they all looked great too.

2) No other “typical” issue except for the crazy coat hook that wouldn’t close. Easy to fix at some point.

3) I have a 7 seater - one of the seats in second row wouldn’t slide forward and tilt to get to third row. Three folks tried, didn’t work. They took it back to service and fixed it. It was a faulty sensor and they replaced it. Annoying part is it took a little over an hour and they only updated me 40 minutes into it. Before they even started I said “forget about it, one of the seats works and I will make a service appointment”. That said, they were courteous and fixed it.

4) Interior was also flawless

5) Odd driver door panel alignment on inside can be seen from outside. I would’ve complained, but since I had an hour, I looked at all of the other Ys and they ALL looked the same - so I let it go. I put a picture here as it’s interesting (to me).

6) Would’ve taken less than 10 minutes for delivery if the seat issue didn’t exist AND if I didn’t spend 40 minutes inspecting the car. Nobody rushed me and they were very helpful.

7) I have an XP90D and I was still amazed by how quick my MYLR is. Super fun to drive.

8) I’ve never been in a Y before. It does (obviously) feel markedly smaller inside compared to my X. That said, both my wife and kids remarked about how they felt they had more leg room in front and second row. There actually IS more leg room in the Y than the X, but head and hip room are noticeably smaller.

9) No passenger lumbar, yes auto dimming mirrors, normal headlights, etc.

10) No PPF or mudflaps. Fine by me as I am getting PPF on a large area anyway and mudflats cost $40.

11) I am very picky about sound and impressed by the sound quality. It’s excellent.

12) No rattles (yet)

13) Y VINs at SC being delivered ranged from 192 to 207. I will note there were four others in the 202 range like me and all had white interiors but different exteriors. Not sure how that relates to batching, but was interesting.

14) I ended-up using Alliant CU because their customer service was awesome and DCU’s sucked. To be fair, I am paying 2.24%, so 1% more, but DCU kept fumbling all over the place and they use a check which they send in the mail - seemed an odd way to buy a tech forward car. I literally applied to Alliant Wednesday night, and they were ready with funding today. I know they’ve focused on Tesla’s since at least 2016 and do a ton of them.

They (Alliant) have some way to access Tesla’s system so when the payment info wasn’t showing correctly for financing, the Alliant team changed it directly from the Tesla account (I didn’t give them my credentials) and pushed it through. No need to track down my SA, etc. I wanted the lower rate, but I can’t get over how inept the DCU folks were. Alliant was awesome and this is the second Tesla I’ve financed with them.

Apologies for the long post, but I’ve learned a great deal from folks here and wanted to try to pay it back a bit. Thanks to all for the guidance, patience, support! and good vibes along the way.
Thanks for the update. Hoping to be in mine within the week. Still waiting on its arrival.

Reactions: elguapo
Took delivery this afternoon. It was inventory, but just unmatched, so came from Fremont, was heading to mid Atlantic anyway, no fee, and it had 4 miles on it at deliver.

Hang in there folks. As many have said, totally worth it, incredible car and engineering, but craptastic pre delivery. Several thoughts:

1) Panels were perfect. I had time (see below) to look at 7-8 other new Ys and they all looked great too.

2) No other “typical” issue except for the crazy coat hook that wouldn’t close. Easy to fix at some point.

3) I have a 7 seater - one of the seats in second row wouldn’t slide forward and tilt to get to third row. Three folks tried, didn’t work. They took it back to service and fixed it. It was a faulty sensor and they replaced it. Annoying part is it took a little over an hour and they only updated me 40 minutes into it. Before they even started I said “forget about it, one of the seats works and I will make a service appointment”. That said, they were courteous and fixed it.

4) Interior was also flawless

5) Odd driver door panel alignment on inside can be seen from outside. I would’ve complained, but since I had an hour, I looked at all of the other Ys and they ALL looked the same - so I let it go. I put a picture here as it’s interesting (to me).

6) Would’ve taken less than 10 minutes for delivery if the seat issue didn’t exist AND if I didn’t spend 40 minutes inspecting the car. Nobody rushed me and they were very helpful.

7) I have an XP90D and I was still amazed by how quick my MYLR is. Super fun to drive.

8) I’ve never been in a Y before. It does (obviously) feel markedly smaller inside compared to my X. That said, both my wife and kids remarked about how they felt they had more leg room in front and second row. There actually IS more leg room in the Y than the X, but head and hip room are noticeably smaller.

9) No passenger lumbar, yes auto dimming mirrors, normal headlights, etc.

10) No PPF or mudflaps. Fine by me as I am getting PPF on a large area anyway and mudflats cost $40.

11) I am very picky about sound and impressed by the sound quality. It’s excellent.

12) No rattles (yet)

13) Y VINs at SC being delivered ranged from 192 to 207. I will note there were four others in the 202 range like me and all had white interiors but different exteriors. Not sure how that relates to batching, but was interesting.

14) I ended-up using Alliant CU because their customer service was awesome and DCU’s sucked. To be fair, I am paying 2.24%, so 1% more, but DCU kept fumbling all over the place and they use a check which they send in the mail - seemed an odd way to buy a tech forward car. I literally applied to Alliant Wednesday night, and they were ready with funding today. I know they’ve focused on Tesla’s since at least 2016 and do a ton of them.

They (Alliant) have some way to access Tesla’s system so when the payment info wasn’t showing correctly for financing, the Alliant team changed it directly from the Tesla account (I didn’t give them my credentials) and pushed it through. No need to track down my SA, etc. I wanted the lower rate, but I can’t get over how inept the DCU folks were. Alliant was awesome and this is the second Tesla I’ve financed with them.

Apologies for the long post, but I’ve learned a great deal from folks here and wanted to try to pay it back a bit. Thanks to all for the guidance, patience, support! and good vibes along the way.

Congrats señor guapo. Very happy for you. And thank you for sharing your knowledge with this group. You’ve been a great help during this roller coaster ride. Btw, I too have the coat hanger issue but it does work once you find the right touch.

This morning my dates changed from June 29 - June 30 to June 26 - June 30 and I received an email about completing the final payment. The timing was funny because my wife and I decided yesterday to cancel our Model Y order today prior to getting this update. So if anyone was looking for a blue / white / 7 seater / tow hitch keep your eyes on existing inventory in case they don't match "my" car to an existing order. Pickup was going to Mt Kisco. Good luck to everyone on here, Model Y is an amazing vehicle!
What made you guys to cancel the Y and did you choose any other car?

Reactions: joewithblueMY
I got the same email about submitting final payment with an EDD 8/3-8/23. No VIN or anything. Reached out to SA since she has been pretty helpful this whole time. But definitely not given them money this far out

I hope I don’t sound like a braggart, that’s not my intention. But what’s the harm in giving them the money little early? By all means don’t do it if you can’t have it out there in case you need it. Uncle Elon my be a bit of a snake oil salesman but multi billion company just isn’t going to walk away with few thousand dollars. Anything is possible but chances are slim that you’ll lose your money. Sorry if I sound arrogant. Maybe I’m just too trusting.

We have had the same issue several times with AP.
Yesterday we adjusted our follow distance from 4 to 5 then 6, MY still wants to rush into a line of halted traffic, or speed up into a turn and then wait until the last moment to brake. Reminds me of how I used to drive as a teen.

Lol, teenager is a perfect euphemism for Tesla in every way.

I was able to book at Tesla at local inventory today. VIN starting 5YZ. Says 2021 Model Y with some 600 miles on Odo.
Not sure if VIN number says anything about where it is made etc?
They are all made in Fremont currently, as its the only active production facility in the US.

Congrats on snagging a demo car! Have they reached out to schedule your delivery yet?

They are all made in Fremont currently, as its the only active production facility in the US.

Congrats on snagging a demo car! Have they reached out to schedule your delivery yet?
They havent reached out to me as yet. If this really works out, I would hv to thank this forum as I got info about new inventory at California from this forum only. I wont believe I got the car, unless I see it at my garage. Tesla can do anything.

Does anyone know if they honor your current MSRP if you order a demo and already have a reservation (holding from April order with $1,500 price difference)?
Ended up finding the exact same spec as mine with < 50 on the odometer in the same area. Snagged it, taking the $1500 price hit but was able to remove FSD after the fact in case anyone was wondering this like I was. No delivery date scheduled yet, but VIN is 213XXX

Ended up finding the exact same spec as mine with < 50 on the odometer in the same area. Snagged it, taking the $1500 price hit but was able to remove FSD after the fact in case anyone was wondering this like I was. No delivery date scheduled yet, but VIN is 213XXX
If you find your exact same spec, and you contact your SA/SC with the new reservation number and VIN, they should be able to honor the reservation price. You still have to pay shipping if required, but it appears to be in the same area.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Picked up my new love yesterday!

Totally drama free on pickup. Only real anxiety was changing my insurance effective date because they called me to move up my pickup date by 2 days. The longest part of the whole process was pulling my car out of the parallel spot. Was so nervous about all the instant power that I just envisioned slamming into the car in front of me.

Car was perfect. There was a paint scrape on the door handle but I was able to scratch it off.

I brought a personal check so that they could process an ACH (confirmed in advance I could do that). When I got there, the guy said just fill out the check because "it's easier" so I was able to pay with personal check. I leased so it was only the down payment and fees but still about $7k

Ride has been A+++. I got FSD and have only had one phantom brake instance but that was driving on the highway into a blinding rising sun. Most importantly though the autopilot stayed activated - I just needed to hit the gas.

Really stupid question on FSD for those with experience. I have lane change enabled. Am I able to have the car lane change using the blinker when it's not prompting me to change lanes? I found it keeps moving me left but never moves be back to the right. I've flipped the blinker and nothing happens.

TL;DR - car is amazing and worth the wait. Don't stress about all the EDD changes. Mine was all over the place then came within the initial window. If you have experience with FSD please read the prior paragraph and help a brother out!

So after 1 1/2 days of driving, i am noticing two new issues:

The brake pedal seems loose. I can nudge it from behind with my toe and it will rattle. It also rattles/clanks ( very quietly ) when the autodrive engages it, especially on stops and starts. I am going to open a service ticket on this one, i don't think a brake pedal should wiggle. Maybe that's just me...

There is also a rear rattle that I can't track down while I'm driving. Seems like its coming from the rear seating or hatchback area. I need to get my wife to ride back there see if she can track it down.

Edit: Oh yeah - and lots of phantom breaking, but mostly on a unlined street parking road in town. It has trouble dividing the lane im driving in from the parking "lane" since the parking lane is not marked. So if i get too close to the parked cars while autodrive is on, big time phantom breaking. Very annoying.

One instance of phantom breaking at an odd intersection where I was turning left with cars crossing in front and to the left of me. It was a little scary, but i wrested control away before it caused an incident. Autodriving through intersections when turning, i don't think im going to let the car do that anymore, until they improve it.

I successfully did many other autodrive turns following the car in front of me the last couple of days, even through a traffic circle.

TLDR; I am not going to bother in city driving with autodrive on roads without parking lanes marked or during intersection turns.

Edit 2: It seems like i'm just bashing the car now that i read my own comments. I love my Yennefer. She's the best. I am super pumped to drive all the time now. I'm just documenting issues for others.

Last edited: