Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, Tesla just screwed me. Had a call this morning confirming my delivery appt for tomorrow at noon. 45 min later, I get a text stating:
"Greetings from Tesla! Our service team identified an issue this morning with the vehicle assigned to your order and unfortunately it is not currently deliverable. We will be placing the vehicle on a service hold and placing you back in queue for a new vehicle to be assigned. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated regarding new vehicle assignment."

Cool guys... you already have a significant amount of my cash.

I get the delays and all the crap that comes along with ordering a Tesla but after confirming and reconfirming and verifying that my Y is in fact here and then an "Oh sorry, we realized we shipped a turd from CA to NC for you - back to the queue for you" isn't an acceptable scenario.

I'm so close to snagging a Mach-E, even though it's not exactly what I want. At least my Ford dealer will talk to me on the phone and maintain some sort of regular communication.

Talk me off my ledge here! Hahaha
And yet people balk when I suggest not to pay before inspecting & accepting the car in person

Winter driving is not that bad. Order winter tires for your area because michigan winter is harsh. NY winter is bad but we don't get as much snow like michigan does. The only difference I say is to put the car in creep move not hold during wintry mixed days. AWD means that you should be good. Plus you can watch other videos on youtube to see how winter driving is during winter.
Thanks for this. I just never owned such an expensive car and the driving experience is different enough to make me nervous. Planned on the 19 inch winter tires, but the creep vs. hold makes sense, too.

Reactions: BitJam
Thanks for this. I just never owned such an expensive car and the driving experience is different enough to make me nervous. Planned on the 19 inch winter tires, but the creep vs. hold makes sense, too.
Pull up the Model Y manual and read the winter best practices. This is my first new car also. Drive the same way you have been doing. Accidents happen when you change your approach. Just know the car will not be pretty after winter. Winter comes with dings and scratches. page 82 etc https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_y_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf

preconditioning the battery is the most important thing because the battery will not last as long during the winter months

Getting close -

Been badgering my DA every few days and finally got an update from him Monday that my carrier direct delivery was scheduled for Saturday. The only downside to this is that nowhere was I consulted or asked about a date preference by Tesla or the third party (supposed to be arranged through the third party). I have a trade in so I have to be present for the delivery.

Then, this morning I got a text from my DA that he got the news that my vehicle was loaded in the morning and was on my way to me, either by this afternoon or first thing in the morning. 🤔 I just happen to be free so it's not a problem, but it would have been terrible if I'd been out of town or something. It's now almost 5pm and still no actual contact from the carrier- phone call, text, nada. I'm supposed to get a call when the driver is about an hour out but I'm not hopeful.

All in all, obviously a net positive but the complete lack of comms from the carrier is pretty surprising because if they never told me when to be home, their driver would be stuck waiting for me to give him the keys to my trade in. Not even sure what would've happened if I was legitimately traveling today /this week.

Will follow-up when all said and done.

The eagle has landed!

Vehicle ended up arriving at around 10am yesterday. I got a call from the driver at around 7am and he thought he was delivering to a dealership and was surprised that the address was showing as residential. I also let him know that aside from his phone call the morning-of, I literally had no direct knowledge of when the vehicle was supposed to arrive. Tesla really needs to sort that out with the third-parties they contract to. It's not even a customer service issue, but something that's fundamental to the delivery process.

As for the vehicle - absolutely amazing. Just to get this out of the way, the frunk panel was slightly misaligned in the front, and is much better after tweaking the two rubber feet under the lid. Still not perfect, but pretty close. There was also a smudge on the headliner by the driver's head area which was able to be rubbed off. Literally everything else in terms of build quality is perfect. All panel gaps, the depth of door handles, pressure needed to close the doors, everything. No squeaks, rattles, whistles, or anything in the ~50 miles I've put on it since taking delivery. I'm really very impressed with the quality overall, but also how it feels to drive. After having some second thoughts about going with the LR, I can say that it is absolutely fast enough for my needs. For now.

VIN is 198XXX and I actually ended up not having any PPF or flaps included.

My only complaint outside of those is that Tesla thought it was OK to ship a vehicle on an open-air transport from SLC to Montana without any protective film on the front of the vehicle, so I have a bug genocide on the front of the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 96
The EDDs are so inaccurate, I didn't even get my hopes up for a second when they changed yesterday. I bet they are really having component shortages. Its hard to believe they could be this far off from the initial estimate. I'm now looking at 11-14 weeks from the initial order date.

I ordered on 5/7
MYLR | Black | Black | Tow | 7 seat | 19"

5/7 Estimated Delivery: 5-8 weeks
5/29 Estimated Delivery: June 14 - June 30
5/30 Estimated delivery: 3-13 weeks
6/1 Estimated Delivery: June 17 - June 30
6/3 Estimated Delivery: June 18 - June 30
6/5 Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 30
6/6 Estimated Delivery: June 20 - June 30
6/7 Estimated Delivery: June 21 - June 30
6/8 Estimated Delivery: June 22 - June 30
6/9 Estimated Delivery: June 23 - June 30
6/10 Estimated Delivery: June 24 - June 30
6/11 Estimated Delivery: June 25 - June 30
6/12 Estimated delivery: September
6/13 Estimated Delivery: July 27 - August 16
6/15 Estimated delivery: September
6/16 Estimated Delivery: July 22 - August 11
6/18 Estimated Delivery: June 27 - June 30
6/19 Estimated Delivery: July 23 - August 12
(I tracked the estimates with distill.io, which saves me from going back to my reservation page)

Well, Tesla just screwed me. Had a call this morning confirming my delivery appt for tomorrow at noon. 45 min later, I get a text stating:
"Greetings from Tesla! Our service team identified an issue this morning with the vehicle assigned to your order and unfortunately it is not currently deliverable. We will be placing the vehicle on a service hold and placing you back in queue for a new vehicle to be assigned. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated regarding new vehicle assignment."

Cool guys... you already have a significant amount of my cash.

I get the delays and all the crap that comes along with ordering a Tesla but after confirming and reconfirming and verifying that my Y is in fact here and then an "Oh sorry, we realized we shipped a turd from CA to NC for you - back to the queue for you" isn't an acceptable scenario.

I'm so close to snagging a Mach-E, even though it's not exactly what I want. At least my Ford dealer will talk to me on the phone and maintain some sort of regular communication.

Now, online the VIN is gone and I'm back to just "September" as an EDD.

Oh man! well at least you know that much! I am still waiting to find out if mine has even left freemont 😭
I've been holding off on setting the PPF+Ceramic & TINT appointments but maybe I just need to book them and help the universe along...

Got the Text to schedule delivery appointment just now. Friday at 10 was the earliest so I did that.. and then taking it directly to the shop for PPF application, so I'm looking at Sunday when I'll actually have it.. oh man. 1 excruciating week lol.

Well, Tesla just screwed me.

Sorry to hear. I’d be pretty devastated if my delivery got postponed like that. And what really gets me is that they don’t offer anything, ever, other than some empty words when these things happen. At least effin offer to throw in a free accessory, comp a detailing job, something. But nope! No soup for you! Out!

It has been a rough week in the EDD game. o_O

Ordered May 8, completed profile in the first couple of days.
First EDD: June 9-23
Early June: June 15-29
June 12: Aug 10-Aug 31
June 14: Aug 14-Sep 3
June 16: Aug 19-Sep 8
June 18: Aug 22-Sep 11
June 19: Aug 23-Sep 12

Emailed SA and they said delivery "looks like the end of the month". Maybe they didn't say which month on purpose, but it sounds like they still think it's June?

Hang in there MY family. Will update upon delivery.

Reactions: und2000
While folks are waiting for their VIN / delivery, what accessories are you guys ordering ? Anyone going for DIY PPF / Ceramic coat here ?
No DIY ppf or ceramic for me. I found a local body shop that does ppf but they don't do ceramic.

Here is the added junk I've ordered in the last 24 hours (my list of shame):
  • screen protector
  • rotating screen mount
  • dog mode cling sticker
  • key card holders
  • mud flaps
  • car cover
  • roof sun shade
  • windshield sunshade
  • wheel cap kits
  • door seals
  • jack pads
  • rear vent covers
  • floor and trunk mats
  • NEMA 14-30 adapter (the 14-50 was out of stock)

My only complaint outside of those is that Tesla thought it was OK to ship a vehicle on an open-air transport from SLC to Montana without any protective film on the front of the vehicle, so I have a bug genocide on the front of the car.

First, CONGRATS!! Look forward to seeing pictures in the Pictures thread.

& I agree, I'm sure its not hard to tape some plastic over the front end. yours mustive been on the higher levels of the transport truck.

Well, Tesla just screwed me.

Damn, I'm sorry bout that. Yea i completed my payment in full yesterday, and I'm just hoping the car is going to be good for reception.
That extremely sucks. In situations like this i wish they would offer something, like Supercharger credit or a free accessory or something. But whether Tesla or Apple, companies dont really do this.

The good thing is, it's better than receiving a delivery, and then finding out there's issues later and having it in for service.

Reactions: quantoc and BitJam
No DIY ppf or ceramic for me. I found a local body shop that does ppf but they don't do ceramic.

Here is the added junk I've ordered in the last 24 hours (my list of shame):
  • screen protector
  • rotating screen mount
  • dog mode cling sticker
  • key card holders
  • mud flaps
  • car cover
  • roof sun shade
  • windshield sunshade
  • wheel cap kits
  • door seals
  • jack pads
  • rear vent covers
  • floor and trunk mats
  • NEMA 14-30 adapter (the 14-50 was out of stock)
What key card holders did you get? I don’t want to get cheapo looking ones.

Before I bid adieu to the MY Current Delivery Times thread. I want to say thank you for all the help and also in the satisfaction I knew I was able to help some others as well. The wait was worth it and the car is amazing!

Delivery was Wednesday. Installed OEM front mud flaps at SC parking lot. Installed OEM center console bins. Matte screen protector (looks great!), and OEM PPF on the rear doors today at 115 miles. Charging with mobile connector on 14-30.

I have on order from Evannex the soft frunk cooler, back sub-trunk lift strap, and the silicone cup holder insert. Am I done buying accessories??

Did an ONR no rinse car wash for the first time ever today. It’s so easy! Why haven’t I been washing cars like this in the past?!

And here you go a couple pics of BLUE STEEL

Attachments

• 35C6C5DA-69C4-48DB-8494-8C9744ABB7D5.jpeg
    35C6C5DA-69C4-48DB-8494-8C9744ABB7D5.jpeg
    706.4 KB · Views: 68
  • CCD8AEAE-3026-45E3-B58F-27B354E32694.jpeg
    CCD8AEAE-3026-45E3-B58F-27B354E32694.jpeg
    608.4 KB · Views: 66