Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like giving brief summary updates because it shows that the world is waiting for something new. All the people who are waiting for delivery trust me it's worth the wait. People will want to know what make Teslas so popular. Your family, strangers, co-workers etc will be more excited than you. We watch so many videos that we become jaded. They'll bring back the JOY when you give them an overview. The Cozy fireplace has been the biggest hit so far with the Vehicle, when I have people in the car. Next is a tie between the glass roof and wireless charging. People want a NEW car experience. The vents another hit. Salute to Tesla for knocking it out the park. The storage space another huge hit. They crafted a great user experience with minimalist vibe. People want a 2021 experience. Tesla = The iphone in 2007. 2007 is when people said Im in all on all glass touch screens. People are sold on EVs. I was driving with a friend playing solitaire. its the small things.

Website is erratic.

if I search for existing inventory, it shows 1 car, but I refresh the page it will reload with 5 cars! Shame non match my spec 😢
I feel you on that one. They almost match but either have the 7 seats or the white interior. We can’t do white interior with a toddler and 2 dogs, I would worry about the dirt too much to actually enjoy the beauty of the white interior.

It has been a rough week in the EDD game. o_O

Ordered May 8, completed profile in the first couple of days.
First EDD: June 9-23
Early June: June 15-29
June 12: Aug 10-Aug 31
June 14: Aug 14-Sep 3
June 16: Aug 19-Sep 8
June 18: Aug 22-Sep 11
June 19: Aug 23-Sep 12

Emailed SA and they said delivery "looks like the end of the month". Maybe they didn't say which month on purpose, but it sounds like they still think it's June?

Hang in there MY family. Will update upon delivery.
I'm also in Canada. Vancouver. And also ordered Red on May 8 or so. My EDD has shown September for the last 3 days from June prior. Maybe we are talking to the same guy and he also says "end of the month". Not sure what to believe. He said cars are coming in every day and that once they produce, it only takes 1 day to come to Canada.

This is a must have to clean up the bird droppings and keeping the exterior contamination free.

2830061_1.jpeg

This morning my dates changed from June 29 - June 30 to June 26 - June 30 and I received an email about completing the final payment. The timing was funny because my wife and I decided yesterday to cancel our Model Y order today prior to getting this update. So if anyone was looking for a blue / white / 7 seater / tow hitch keep your eyes on existing inventory in case they don't match "my" car to an existing order. Pickup was going to Mt Kisco. Good luck to everyone on here, Model Y is an amazing vehicle!
That’s my config exactly!

Reactions: BagheeraNY
And yet people balk when I suggest not to pay before inspecting & accepting the car in person
My SA said to wait until they not only have a vin but the vehicle in Spokane before final pay. So far it looks like I have an SA who is considerate and knows the process well. Setting the expectations. I would not be very happy making a 3 hour one way trip and then arrive and the car is not here or some other horror story I’ve heard.
And my Tesla birthing window yes my friends now tell me it’s like I’m birthing a Tesla is June 23rd - 30th. Happy Father’s Day to those of you in here with kiddos!

Can you actually "feel" a difference? It seems like such a small boost that you wouldn't even notice. Did it change your top speed at all?

LOL I have totally been thinking of it! I just can't decide if its enough of a difference to notice and make me feel like it was worth it...
I noticed the difference initially, I would say that the new acceleration speed is now my new “norm”…. Which is a lot of fun. I would have to go test drive a non boosted LR to have any sort of retrospect. They do have a 48 hour cancellation period.
There is also a thread in the MY “Driving” forum with draggy times and other insight
It was a nice way to get some more speed without having to fully upgrade to the P

Can you actually "feel" a difference? It seems like such a small boost that you wouldn't even notice. Did it change your top speed at all?

LOL I have totally been thinking of it! I just can't decide if its enough of a difference to notice and make me feel like it was worth it...
Granted, I have not taken a regular Model Y LR and a LR w/ Acceleration Boost on a back to back test drive, but, doing some back of napkin calculations, it’s about a 55hp gain.

For the equivalent acceleration increase on an AWD ICE car of the same weight, it would require about 78 additional hp. So I use that as a point of reference. Is what feels like an 78hp worth $2k? For my younger self, oh yeah. In fact, I’ve spent much more than $2k on high flow exhaust, turbo down pipes, turbo up pipes, cold air intakes, dyno tune, high flow injectors, performance spark plugs, etc. for less than a 78 hp gain. For my current self, no, 4.8 second 0-60 is already faster than my need, so it’s not worth it to me.

I wanted to give an update – I called this number 1-888-518-3752 and the folks there were able to work with my SC to switch out the reservations for me so I could keep my original price. Chose not to take delivery at my original location so that I could pick up the car earlier (driving from North Bay out to Stockton, CA which is around 100 miles).
Last update on this forum! Took delivery yesterday in Stockton. The location is new so they weren’t incredibly helpful or informative (didn’t even check my ID in the process), but nice enough and got me my car in good shape. No big issues, a little bit of gunk on the paint in some places but nothing difficult to clean. The 100+ mile drive home was a blast!

Order of operations, if helpful:

– Ordered 4/28 for Corte Madera pickup
– EDD anywhere from June 9 to September over the course of waiting
– Last EDD: 7/20-8/1
– 6/18: Found exact spec match with <50 on odometer in inventory 100 miles away, put down deposit
– Order swapped same day, original MSRP honored
– 6/19 Took delivery in Stockton, CA

Good luck, folks!

I also called my SA and he said to ignore the dates and I should still expect MY by end of this month.. I hope so. No VIN assigned though.
Update on my MYLR, 20", FSD, no Hitch, White/Black:
1) Ordered 06/15
2) Talked to SA, he promised an early delivery.
3) 06/18 - EDD June 19 - June 30 , No VIN assigned
4) 06/19 - EDD moved to Sep. Called SA, he asked me to ignore EDD and that I should get my car soon.
5) 06/20 - VIN assigned. Got the text from Tesla that they will deliver my vehicle on 06/22. I have to make final payment which I will not until I see my car. I never opted for home delivery so not sure why they are delivering to home.

Anybody got the same experience?

I'm also in Canada. Vancouver. And also ordered Red on May 8 or so. My EDD has shown September for the last 3 days from June prior. Maybe we are talking to the same guy and he also says "end of the month". Not sure what to believe. He said cars are coming in every day and that once they produce, it only takes 1 day to come to Canada.
Very insightful, thank you. 👍

Reactions: und2000