Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d say hard no chademo. Not needed because of super chargers and even Level 2s in a pinch. I’ve done a ton of road trips and never needed anything but SCs and have never seen a chademo station (of course, I wasn’t looking)…
Thank you, amigo(s). Another $400 saved for other accessories.

I recently decided against a $400 Modern Spare tire for the Y. I had one for the S (along with tire patch and fix-a-flat kits), but will just stick to the can and patch solution this time.

Some folks go decades without a flat tire but we get a nail or screw, on average, once a year between mine and my wife’s car. We were in Maui in 2019 doing Road to Hana and had a sidewall puncture in the rental. Thank goodness it had a spare. It was getting dark, on a remote side of the island, businesses closed, and 60 miles from our VRBO. I was praying we wouldn’t get a second flat on the way back! Runflats have gotten better with regard to ride quality and I wish they were available for the Y in 19” size and load rating.

Anyone see this type of text before? I’ve received pay your final amount text several times but never one that stated to do so to keep my delivery date. Not that I’m gonna capitulate to their pseudo threat anyways.

“Tesla Update - Your account is now ready for the final payment. Please log into your Tesla account and make your final payment to keep your scheduled pick-up date.”

Reactions: GTBrooks256
“Tesla Update - Your account is now ready for the final payment. Please log into your Tesla account and make your final payment to keep your scheduled pick-up date.”
I'm getting my car shipped 600 miles. They said I had to pay in full before they ship it. But they also said I had the option of showing up at the SC (implying I could pay "day of" if I picked up the car).

when was your order date intially ?
Order From: Portland, Oregon
Initial Order Date: April 22, 2021
Initial Delivery Range Estimate: 7 to 10 weeks
Initial Delivery Date Estimate: June 7, 2021 to June 27, 2021
VIN Day: June 20, 2021
Delivery Date Scheduled for June 25th 2pm @ My Home

Attachments

• 95D0289C-B5A1-4DAD-8DE0-BE4DCB0195F3.jpeg
    95D0289C-B5A1-4DAD-8DE0-BE4DCB0195F3.jpeg
    464.4 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: GOVA and BitJam
alot of subies and challengers here in Colorado, I look forward to meeting them at the red lights.
3 years with my 4Runner I've just been easy on the gas haha

haha. I’ve smoked quite a few of the ‘modern muscle’ cars at the lights with my Onyx XT. They just don’t expect an Outback to move like that. Though often at the next light the drivers of the higher trim versions are prepared and will let me have it with a thumbs up

I'm getting my car shipped 600 miles. They said I had to pay in full before they ship it. But they also said I had the option of showing up at the SC (implying I could pay "day of" if I picked up the car).
Is it third party shipping because you live in NM where there isn’t a SC? I bought my exact specs from inventory in Boise but I don’t have to have it paid in full prior to them shipping it. I live a few miles from my SC so maybe that’s the difference (not third party)

Is it third party shipping because you live in NM where there isn’t a SC?
I imagine it's 3rd party shipping; it costs $750. It's a flat fee from Tesla but it is in line with what 3rd parties charge to transport a car 500 -- 1000 miles. Not only is there no SC in New Mexico, some strange state law means I can't pick it up at the SC in El Paso, TX which is only 150 miles away. One the plus side, I can get the car serviced in El Paso.

Here's a video of someone near Albuquerque getting their Tesla delivered: Home Delivery of 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. The truck is filled with nothing but Teslas. I hope mine is that well protected.

I feel a little nervous because there are serveral ways this could go horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Both happy and sad to have found this thread…we ordered June 5 and have had estimated delivery dates ranging from June 17 (did not happen) to “September” to ranges spanning aug - sept. Just last night shifted from 6/22-6/30 out to 8/10-8/30. I’ve never seen a “July” date though.

Sure feels like a daily roll of the date dice…still hoping for delivery before the end of the month!

Reactions: elguapo and BitJam
Anyone see this type of text before? I’ve received pay your final amount text several times but never one that stated to do so to keep my delivery date. Not that I’m gonna capitulate to their pseudo threat anyways.

I also paid after looking at my car - I don’t recall whether I was able to open and inspect the interior, but we reviewed the entire exterior and looked inside before submitting payment. I think that was required for the app to update for the phone key. The key cards were inside the vehicle with the paperwork

Reactions: Greg007
Totally get it and makes sense to travel with the mobile charger, though all I’ve ever used in the 9+ years of ownership is the J1772 adapter. Totally get it with load balancing, etc. As well, it’s a must for my 2016 X.
Really? OMG I have used mine a TON. My old employer had 14-50 and 120 outlets in the parking lot of our training facility for employees to charge their electric cars. So I used it almost monthly or whenever I would go there. Anytime I traveled to a relative I'd use it, even if they only had a 120 in the garage as every amp helps lol. My in-laws are in Savannah and they only had one SC way out of the way in the airport so the only way to make it home was to use the 10-30 adapter and unplug her dryer LOL. There was a guy on here that made extension cables for the UMC out of old broken ones. I bought one back in the day and I keep that in the bag with the UMC and its been a life saver! We used it when we went camping in the mountains. I was able to plug into the dryer and go out the window to get us some extra juice so we didn't have to sit at a charge point station for 6 hours LOL.
OBV things are totally different now as they have built out the SC network considerably from what it was when we first started traveling, but the work situation aside, I am easily in a position to use my UMC at least twice a year.
I've even found hotels that if you ask nice enough will let you plug into an outlet outside (usually no more than a 20 amp), but still... every amp helps and if its free, why the heck not! I'll take advantage as long as possible... lol some day probably very soon there will be way more EVs on the road and people will start catching on and want to charge you; which is totally cool I'd pay extra to an establishment that offers a charging station to use while im visiting even if I have to pay. And hopefully not long after that, the need for a UMC will really be a thing of the past. That is the DREAM! ❤️

Do you think adding a Chademo adaptor for backup is worth it today? Or should I save the $400 and rely on the ever expanding Supercharger network? Four-hundred is kinda pricey, but it effectively gives access to Superchargers plus Electrify America (recognizing EA’s reliability challenges). It would really only come into play on long trips.
Take a look at where you travel and see what the charging network looks like. If you will be in an area that uses CHaDEmo then get one. I bought one back in the day AFTER we took a long road trip and could have used it. But lol, of course, have not been in a situation where I could have used it again.... go figure. There was a thread on here for people to loan/rent them out if you were taking a trip and would/might need one. I actually need to get active on it again since mine is just sitting in a box collecting dust LOL.

Reactions: FatherTo1
So tough on the AB. I am impulsive and want it, but it really is quite perky as is. I don’t frequently use the speed on my XP90D, but it does come in handy for merging and turning sometimes. It’s also an excellent way to scare the *sugar* out of passengers not used to EVs.

Ultimately, it’s worth it for some, not for others - no real objective measurement. I appreciate the feedback. Not sure what I will do. I like the 48 hour refund

I just kind of like the idea/model where you can buy upgrades via SW that are unique - kind of like a super expensive in app purchase!
Totally in the same boat, I want it but dont know if I should get it... but I know how impulsive I am, I'll probably end up getting it and if I dont see a noticeable difference I can always get a refund lol