Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So FINALLY late this afternoon I reached out again to my actual SA since he was working today and he was able to finally track down its location and schedule my delivery... Tentatively for the 30th at 3pm. Hopefully it will arrive sooner and I can pick it up sooner! But honestly I dont care at this point. Just knowing that its actually on the way and should be here in the next week is enough for me. #releaved
So where was the car all this time? Did they have a good story as to why it couldn’t be pinged up until now?

Don‘t got a dryer outlet (14-30) you can use?
I don't. There is a hook up for a dryer but it's gas not electric and it's at the opposite end of the house. This is an old adobe house from the 1940s (BTW: I think "adobe" means dust temporarily in brick form). I'm in the high desert of southern New Mexico about a mile from the Continental Divide so there is plenty of wind and dust even without the adobe.

It's beautiful here and very isolated which may partly explain why I haven't seen many/any Teslas. The nearest interstate is 50 miles away and the nearest airport is over 150 miles. It's possible the first Tesla I'll see in person will be mine if/when they deliver it. Even though the Model Y may soon become the most popular car in America, I still get the joys and tribulations of being an early adopter. The body shop where i plan to get ppf installed say they've dealt with one Tesla before.

I think we are going to need to run in more power from the street for the car and for the AC and the evaporative cooler I plan to install. The breaker box for my house currently has 4 active 20 amp breakers and two spares.

I never got into WAZE. Always been a radar person. WAZE is based around someone reporting the cop.
Waze is alright. Not for cops but for routing through some unknown neighborhoods to cut out 5 minutes maybe.

Also cop != radar — just because there is a cop on the side of the road doesn’t mean he/she has radar. I also hate when people brake when they see a cop giving a ticket on the side of the road. They aren’t going to chase you. Just drive folks.

I don't. There is a hook up for a dryer but it's gas not electric and it's at the opposite end of the house. This is an old adobe house from the 1940s (BTW: I think "adobe" means dust temporarily in brick form). I'm in the high desert of southern New Mexico about a mile from the Continental Divide so there is plenty of wind and dust even without the adobe.

It's beautiful here and very isolated which may partly explain why I haven't seen many/any Teslas. The nearest interstate is 50 miles away and the nearest airport is over 150 miles. It's possible the first Tesla I'll see in person will be mine if/when they deliver it. Even though the Model Y may soon become the most popular car in America, I still get the joys and tribulations of being an early adopter. The body shop where i plan to get ppf installed say they've dealt with one Tesla before.

I think we are going to need to run in more power from the street for the car and for the AC and the evaporative cooler I plan to install. The breaker box for my house currently has 4 active 20 amp breakers and two spares.

Sounds like a lovely place to live, for a yogi type of person. No wonder NM has had lot of ashrams and such.

Reactions: BitJam
I have seen posts here about people needing to RE-apply/ RE approve financing. Where do you see that message?

I completed Tesla financing application and received approval in April. I have not received another notification to re-apply. Could my financing offer still be valid?

It’s been commonly reported that MYP and FSD have been quicker delivery for whatever reason. I’d love to be a fly on the wall during high up meetings.
It makes sense if Tesla is trying to maximize their 2nd quarter profits. FSD is $10,000 in the bank and I'm sure the profit margin on the performance is greater than the profit margin on the MYLR. IIUC sales stagnated for a while when cars were sitting around waiting for the radar (or lack thereof) fix. A big push now could get them back on track so they don't disappoint the markets.

I have seen posts here about people needing to RE-apply/ RE approve financing. Where do you see that message?

I completed Tesla financing application and received approval in April. I have not received another notification to re-apply. Could my financing offer still be valid?
Financing offers are only good for 60 days from application. Also if you find an inventory car and get a new reservation number, you may have to apply again which was the case for me. On my original reservation, I got approved by US bank. Instead of waiting until August as my EDD stated, I found my another configuration I really like and snagged It on the site by paying the $100 reservation fee. When I reached out to SA to get everything squared away, he told I had to complete all the information again for that reservation or risk losing the car so I reapplied and this time got approved by Wells Fargo Bank.

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
It’s been commonly reported that MYP and FSD have been quicker delivery for whatever reason. I’d love to be a fly on the wall during high up meetings.
High end = higher margins. Naturally. Most business is like this.
As it is said: "Always the dollar".
Imagine on the next earnings day Tesla goes to back down to $400, or up to $900 / share again. There is the higher up meeting.

Reactions: Vosty3
Don‘t got a dryer outlet (14-30) you can use? Mine is right next to my garage, I bought a splitter and it works pretty good. I’ll get a 14-50 probably at some point but so far I don’t see the need.
The splitters are really only meant for temporary solutions. As long as you make sure no one is using the dryer at the same time you are charging your car you are OK. But you run a real risk of fire/circut overload if you try to do both at the same time.

So where was the car all this time? Did they have a good story as to why it couldn’t be pinged up until now?
No explanation what soever... But I can't say im the slightest bit surprised... I am going to bring it up again when I go pickup the car finally. maybe with a box of donuts in my hand they will be more willing to share

Reactions: Vosty3