Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't. There is a hook up for a dryer but it's gas not electric and it's at the opposite end of the house. This is an old adobe house from the 1940s (BTW: I think "adobe" means dust temporarily in brick form). I'm in the high desert of southern New Mexico about a mile from the Continental Divide so there is plenty of wind and dust even without the adobe.

It's beautiful here and very isolated which may partly explain why I haven't seen many/any Teslas. The nearest interstate is 50 miles away and the nearest airport is over 150 miles. It's possible the first Tesla I'll see in person will be mine if/when they deliver it. Even though the Model Y may soon become the most popular car in America, I still get the joys and tribulations of being an early adopter. The body shop where i plan to get ppf installed say they've dealt with one Tesla before.

I think we are going to need to run in more power from the street for the car and for the AC and the evaporative cooler I plan to install. The breaker box for my house currently has 4 active 20 amp breakers and two spares.
YIKES! You probably only have a 100 am service to the house. You will certainly have to get new service to the house to support the 60 amp breaker for the MY not to mention the A/C you adding in. Not a big deal, but glad you're already prepped mentally for that!

Reactions: BitJam
Hi - can someone help describe the process of booking a demo car? I see one available with a different color but i doubt that it will be available till the time I can get hold of my SA. If i book it with 100 dollars, can i price match it to my original booking? and do i lose the 100 dollars paid on the original booking and will it cause a credit check if i plan to use tesla financing, considering i already have approved financing terms. Appreciate your help!

The splitters are really only meant for temporary solutions. As long as you make sure no one is using the dryer at the same time you are charging your car you are OK. But you run a real risk of fire/circut overload if you try to do both at the same time.
Yikes no thanks on splitter fiasco I have an electrician friend who’s installing our wall charger for free, I provided the Tesla wall charger of course. I ordered the 14-50 adapter for rv charging if we ever are camping or in a bind. I don’t plan on adding anymore chargers or adapters until tesla releases the Ccs3 in the states that seems to be what every other manufacturer is going to be using in the future.

Waze is alright. Not for cops but for routing through some unknown neighborhoods to cut out 5 minutes maybe.

Also cop != radar — just because there is a cop on the side of the road doesn’t mean he/she has radar. I also hate when people brake when they see a cop giving a ticket on the side of the road. They aren’t going to chase you. Just drive folks.
LOL I could NOT agree more! Or when they are on the other side of a barrier divided highway and people slam on their breaks... like the cop is magically going to jump the barrier and pull you over... 🙄

I dont like it for directions, I use the Tesla nav for directions exclusively. But as with everything its all personal preference.

Hi - can someone help describe the process of booking a demo car? I see one available with a different color but i doubt that it will be available till the time I can get hold of my SA. If i book it with 100 dollars, can i price match it to my original booking? and do i lose the 100 dollars paid on the original booking and will it cause a credit check if i plan to use tesla financing, considering i already have approved financing terms. Appreciate your help!
I assume you mean purchasing a DEMO from the online inventory and not booking one as in to test drive...

That said, your best bet is to place a new order and just know your loosing the $100 on it. They can transfer it to your reservation after that sometimes and sometimes you get to keep your pricing but it all depends on your SA. More often than not, people loose the $100 and pay the higher price. I havent seen anyone get the savings in a long time...

Reactions: BitJam and My_T3sl@
The exact same thing happened to me. Mine changed from June 23-30 to 8-12 weeks for the Model 3 LR. I ordered on 5/9 and I also live in San Diego. I'm totally bummed out as I thought I was days away from getting it.
I just got a VIN number today and they're asking me to pay in full before delivery. I'm financing externally so really don't know how to proceed. Last time with my other Model 3, I brought a check from the institution and that was it.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I just got a VIN number today and they're asking me to pay in full before delivery. I'm financing externally so really don't know how to proceed. Last time with my other Model 3, I brought a check from the institution and that was it.
Tesla won’t take personal checks anymore, which is how I paid for my last 2 Teslas. Maybe ask your advisor as to how to proceed as your situation is a bit complicated.

What happened? How did you lose your VIN?
It was taken away yesterday. SA claimed it wouldn't be delivered to MN in time for the June 24-June 30 delivery window. Seeing the VIN vintage (209xxx), those have already been delivered from the tracking spreadsheet. When I talked to an SA earlier in the week, they mentioned it hadn't been gated yet, so either there was an issue with it that needed to be resolved in the factory or they couldn't transport it in time for end of quarter to MN, so might've reassigned to west coast. No clear answers--so not sure on any of that.

Reactions: hcdavis3
It was taken away yesterday. SA claimed it wouldn't be delivered to MN in time for the June 24-June 30 delivery window. Seeing the VIN vintage (209xxx), those have already been delivered from the tracking spreadsheet. When I talked to an SA earlier in the week, they mentioned it hadn't been gated yet, so either there was an issue with it that needed to be resolved in the factory or they couldn't transport it in time for end of quarter to MN, so might've reassigned to west coast. No clear answers--so not sure on any of that.
Well that sucks.

Reactions: BitJam and und2000
Yeah so I ordered a Model 3 LR-AWD Red Pain 18"Aero Wheels, Black and White Premium interior no FSD. My previous car was a M3, S+ White with Aero wheels and black interior, basic. Got my VIN today and its requiring me to pay it in full. I already clicked the button but I'm financing it through and external credit union. I don't see why this is so complicated, I'm assuming a lot of people finance their cars through their banks or credit unions. Last time my Credit union issued a check for up to 50k and I brought it on delivery date and that was it. No problems. Right now they want me to pay in full through a bank account. It also says 7-11 weeks delivery. So how does this work? I provide the account and they debit the full amount right now and then I wait 3 months? Don't understand this.

The Tesla Ecosystem and its advantage. The main reason I got a tesla was because I could charge my car at work for free via chargepoint level 2. It seem like everyone has a Level 2 home charge.....

We can all agree that charge point is the second most popular charging option for tesla owners. However, Charge point charge stations are not maintained very well. Businesses are in charge of the stations which will come back to haunt them in the long run. Tesla maintains all of their charge stations. I understand the pricing being controlled by the business but when a charge port is broken who is suppose to fix it. The company (business) or someone from charge point? One of the chargers is broken at my job and I don't know who to contact or report it to. The charge point charge stations around me are in shitty locations. The one at the Honda dealership is always blocked by equipment and pallets. The best idea would be to add them by shopping centers. We are fortunate to be in the Tesla ecosystem. I see people saying they want to switch to the mach E because their delivery is taking too long. They dont know about the ecosystem part of EV.

Last edited:
Yeah so I ordered a Model 3 LR-AWD Red Pain 18"Aero Wheels, Black and White Premium interior no FSD. My previous car was a M3, S+ White with Aero wheels and black interior, basic. Got my VIN today and its requiring me to pay it in full. I already clicked the button but I'm financing it through and external credit union. I don't see why this is so complicated, I'm assuming a lot of people finance their cars through their banks or credit unions. Last time my Credit union issued a check for up to 50k and I brought it on delivery date and that was it. No problems. Right now they want me to pay in full through a bank account. It also says 7-11 weeks delivery. So how does this work? I provide the account and they debit the full amount right now and then I wait 3 months? Don't understand this.

you dont have to pay in full until you take delivery, why which then you can have a check from your credit union

Reactions: und2000
The Tesla Ecosystem and its advantage. The main reason I got a tesla was because I could charge my car at work for free via chargepoint level 2. It seem like everyone have a Level 2 home charge.....

We can all agree that charge point is the second most popular charging option for tesla owners. However, Charge point charge stations are not maintained very well. Businesses are in charge of the stations which will come back to haunt them in the long run. Tesla maintains all of their charge stations. I understand the pricing being controlled by the business but when a charge port is broken who is suppose to fix it. The company (business) or someone from charge point? One of the chargers is broken at my job and I don't know who to contact or report it to. The charge point charge stations around me are in shitty locations. The one at the Honda dealership is always blocked by equipment and pallets. The best idea would be to add them by shopping centers. We are fortunate to be in the Tesla ecosystem. I see people saying they want to switch to the mach E because their delivery is taking too long. They dont know about the ecosystem part of EV.

My last job had chargepoint chargers in the garage and it had free charging for the first year before they started charging. Tesla's supercharger network is pretty good right now, from the last 3 years Teslas dont a good job expanding it in the Colorado area, but I think we still need double the superchargers now. Fort Collins doesnt have any, and Colorado Springs only has 1 thats locked in a parking garage.