Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m on the edge of just calling the $100 deposit a loss and cancelling my order.
First, don't be hasty. There is plenty of time later to cancel the order. Second, the reason there are all of these shenanigans is because the cars really are that good. I feel like I've been jerked around too. I feel your pain. If I were superstitious, I might think these were signs from on high that I shouldn't buy the car.

Tesla gets away with all of this because demand for their cars, even with all of these shenanigans, outstrips supply. It's a natural phenomenon that has led to jokes based on someone not having to be smart if they are already beautiful. Tesla doesn't have to pay for a PR department or have a great customer service system (even if the people are great) because their cars sell themselves.

It appears that my electrician didn't show up this morning. I've been in touch with a contractor for a month who hasn't even come by to see my house yet. If worse comes to worse I plan to run a 12 gauge extension cord out a window to my driveway. I feel confident that someday an electrician will come.

I try to treat this like a game. The game is to steer through this obstacle course while I maintain my equanimity and not lose my temper. We are lucky/blessed/privileged to be able to buy a nifty all-electric car. It's not something the world owes us. We don't have to let these snags and hiccups turn it into a negative experience. You spin the wheel; you roll the dice; and then you figure out your best move. Someday canceling your order may be the best move but it's not the best move now because having that order standing keeps your options open.

I try to treat this like a game. The game is to steer through this obstacle course while I maintain my equanimity and not lose my temper. We are lucky/blessed/privileged to be able to buy a nifty all-electric car. It's not something the world owes us. We don't have to let these snags and hiccups turn it into a negative experience. You spin the wheel; you roll the dice; and then you figure out your best move. Someday canceling your order may be the best move but it's not the best move now because having that order standing keeps your options open.
Not the OP but great take on this!

Reactions: BitJam
If anyone is interested in purchasing from Tesla inventory, I see there is currently a new vehicle available in my area. Act fast!

Find it buy going to New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
Then enter zip code: 89074

2021 Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Less than 50 mile odometer

$63,990

Red Multi-Coat Paint
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Performance Upgrade
Five Seat Interior

Reactions: BitJam
Does anyone know how to get in contact with the Tysons Corner Delivery Center?

I'm scheduled to take delivery on Friday. My SA says I should receive a call from a Delivery Advisor to confirm the delivery appointment and to go over some final things. I have yet to receive any contact at all. I tried calling the store phone number listed on Tesla's site, and after selecting delivery, it goes unanswered to a full mailbox. I also tried sending an email to the email address listed on that link, and I get an automated reply asking me to call.

Last edited:
Reactions: EVHokie07
Tesla won’t take personal checks anymore, which is how I paid for my last 2 Teslas. Maybe ask your advisor as to how to proceed as your situation is a bit complicated.
They didn’t accept a personal check from me, but they used it as validation to initiate an ACH withdrawal. The money was pending out of my account that evening and fully processed 2 days after delivery.

I’m on the edge of just calling the $100 deposit a loss and cancelling my order. I ordered a car with autopilot that functions at the speed limit in areas I plan to take the car, sentry mode that detects people nearby, reasonably functional auto-wipers/auto-headlights, dual lumbar, and AEB/lane departure avoidance. Then all of those things got removed (some temporarily, some permanently, some not even acknowledged by Tesla). Even knowing it’s probably going to get partially fixed at some point, I’m having a hard time getting excited anymore about anything involving this purchase. I’m even a little worried there’s going to be more feature-gutting before I see any progress on delivery; I’m back to September/October now despite my 5/15 order.

And to top it all off, the electrician (listed on Tesla’s website) who was supposed to install my 14-50 outlet this morning no-showed. Maybe it’s a sign that I just need to get another car that’s in stock somewhere and try an EV again in a couple of years.
Cancel please. One more car for someone who wants it more than you do.

If anyone is interested in purchasing from Tesla inventory, I see there is currently a new vehicle available in my area. Act fast!

Find it buy going to New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
Then enter zip code: 89074

2021 Model Y
Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Less than 50 mile odometer

$63,990

Red Multi-Coat Paint
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
Black and White Premium Interior
Performance Upgrade
Five Seat Interior

Found a 7 seat MY with my specs.. I will wait for a 5 seat MY to show up in the inventory.

Just wanted to fill in info based on my experience.
Ordered 4/27. Dates were back and forth. Then dates changed to September. Then around June 10 I got a VIN. 7 seat blue black interior. Mt. Kisco delivery. No PPF on vehicle, no mudflaps. Chaos on pick up day-last week. Window sticker said car has FSD, but I didn’t order it, so I assume they just took it off cuz my car matched otherwise. Had a 2019 Model 3 AWD LR no FSD. Trade in offer 36k. Carvana 40k. Carmax in Connecticut offered 44k

Does anyone know how to get in contact with the Tysons Corner Delivery Center?

I'm scheduled to take delivery on Friday. My SA says I should receive a call from a Delivery Advisor to confirm the delivery appointment and to go over some final things. I have yet to receive any contact at all. I tried calling the store phone number listed on Tesla's site, and after selecting delivery, it goes unanswered to a full mailbox. I also tried sending an email to the email address listed on that link, and I get an automated reply asking me to call.
Try calling either the Rockville DC (First choice for answering phone) or the Owing Mills location. Either of them should be able to at least see the details of your vehicle and give you info even if your delivery is at another location. Worth a shot.