Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
May 31 | MYLR | Black | White | 5 Seat | No Tow | 20” Rims | Base autopilot

this is every change of EDD since order

June 1 edd 1-10 weeks
June 4 ( Profile competition)
June 10 edd August 07 - August 27
June 15 edd September
June 16 edd August 07 - August 27
June 17 edd September
June 18 edd August 02 - August 22
June 20 edd August 01 - August 21
June 22 edd July 26 - August 15
June 23 edd August 01 - August 21
July 1 edd August 07 - August 27

I’ve learned like most of you, that the edd means absolutely nothing. The SA at the SC said maybe end of August. I’m convinced that they have no idea at all and rather give you a later date and be wrong than give you a sooner date and be wrong.

First time poster here!

Ordered a blue MYP without FSD 6/15 to be delivered to SoCal.

At first EDD was showing a week after my order date (got my hopes up!), then switched to late July-August, now holding steady and showing 7/7-7/24, but still no VIN.

Fingers crossed it’ll get delivered in the next week or two. Excited to get into my first Tesla!
Funny how you ordered a few days after me & have an EDD a month earlier than I do.

my 6/13 order has been showing 8/15-9/4 for about a week now.

I thought I was seeing some consistency with a lot of order dates and about 9 week out estimates, you killed that theory.

Reactions: und2000 and BitJam
May 31 | MYLR | Black | White | 5 Seat | No Tow | 20” Rims | Base autopilot

this is every change of EDD since order

June 1 edd 1-10 weeks
June 4 ( Profile competition)
June 10 edd August 07 - August 27
June 15 edd September
June 16 edd August 07 - August 27
June 17 edd September
June 18 edd August 02 - August 22
June 20 edd August 01 - August 21
June 22 edd July 26 - August 15
June 23 edd August 01 - August 21
July 1 edd August 07 - August 27

I’ve learned like most of you, that the edd means absolutely nothing. The SA at the SC said maybe end of August. I’m convinced that they have no idea at all and rather give you a later date and be wrong than give you a sooner date and be wrong.
I agree that EDD has not been overly helpful. But in your case if you take away all the September placeholders, August appears to be a fairly consistent which feels about right based on your order date. It also gets you towards the end of your initial estimated window of 1-10 weeks.

Still painful not having a more steady and fixed EDD I know. 😞

I agree with @BitJam. This thread along with Delivery on Hold Until July? prompted me to order in late May for end of August. It’s been a roller coaster, but will give reasonable probability for a car at that time without holding. @suprax and @sgalla04 can comment on the hold experiences they’ve had.
I agree with all that’s already been said. Clearly completing your profile prior to going on hold will keep you closer to the top of the queue once you remove the hold. Also, my recommendation still is keep your order as paying cash even if you are financing. And don’t list a trade either even if you will have one. I cannot comment on leasing. And after you remove your hold and once you are assigned a VIN, then ask your SA to change to financing and add your trade-in.

If you live outside of the west coast, but mainly CA, then you have about 2 weeks to get everything in order (apply for financing with Tesla and other banks, rate matching, trade-in comparisons with Carvana, Vroom, etc.). CA deliveries are quicker once a VIN is assigned. I had time to spare while waiting for my delivery day.

Pretty easy if you know the steps ahead of time. A lot of people on the forums complaining about the whole ordering process and waiting. But really if you aren’t trying to time the end of a lease and your current car isn’t breaking down, then the process isn’t a big deal and actually fun to learn and know you will be driving the newest tech car and being a part of the EV era of the future.

You can def. tell that a lot of the old orders did get fulfilled by the shear lack of new pages per day on this thread now ROFL...

We used to do like 25 new pages a day at the peak, now we might get 4 LOL

Side note: I got a random TXT from the generic Tesla number today from someone saying that I got a VIN assigned (really? I had no idea?!) and they would reach out when they had more information on timing. I tried to press for more info and all I could get was an expectation of an updated EDD within the next 24/48 hours. Funny that it seems to fall in line with my hypothesis that the logistics team is all out on an extended holiday break and no one is updating the computer with the new logistics info... So, I will continue to remain hopefully that my baby is on its way to me already and when the update happens I'll find out that I can schedule my delivery sometime in the next 10 days 🤞🏻🙏🏻❤️

Anyone else in the VIN=September boat get a text?

You can def. tell that a lot of the old orders did get fulfilled by the shear lack of new pages per day on this thread now ROFL...

We used to do like 25 new pages a day at the peak, now we might get 4 LOL

Side note: I got a random TXT from the generic Tesla number today from someone saying that I got a VIN assigned (really? I had no idea?!) and they would reach out when they had more information on timing. I tried to press for more info and all I could get was an expectation of an updated EDD within the next 24/48 hours. Funny that it seems to fall in line with my hypothesis that the logistics team is all out on an extended holiday break and no one is updating the computer with the new logistics info... So, I will continue to remain hopefully that my baby is on its way to me already and when the update happens I'll find out that I can schedule my delivery sometime in the next 10 days 🤞🏻🙏🏻❤️

Anyone else in the VIN=September boat get a text?
I did not get a text...but an email from SA that he had confirmed a VIN for me in next batch. I also VIN on my account but EDD saying September.

@digitalboi Gratz! FWIW, after I expressed interest in and then ordered my demo vehicle, almost all my communication from Tesla was via texts from their generic phone number from random or unnamed people. I think getting told you got a VIN this way is probably a good sign. The first text in the series after I got a VIN started with:

"Hi xxxxx!

Congratulations on your recent VIN assignment for your Model Y! [...]"

After the car arrived at the SC most of the texts started with "Tesla Order Support - [...]". They were pretty good at answering my basic questions but were not a fount of deep wisdom.

BTW: after the original mistake when I was first ordering back in May, they gave me the cell number for the sales manager in El Paso. This guy has always been absolutely stellar! Always picks up the phone. Always has time for me and my seemingly endless stream of problems. He has even called me several times (and started out by calling me) to check in and see how I'm doing. It's been mostly moral support and a friendly voice but its been greatly appreciated.

I ordered 6/5, and after sitting around 7/30-8/16, it bumped up to 7/22-8/11
Same order date as me, saying 7/17-8/3 for mine. Blue/white. Since plenty of others that ordered in May have similar EDDs, I don't feel I'm getting mine until late Aug, at the earliest. Why would I? What rationale would there be for me to get mine before a May order, unless configuration or region plays a heavy role, in which case I'm sure we'd have noticed a trend or cracked that code by now.

Right?

Gigas Berlin and Austin are going to take such a burden off of Fremont.

Reactions: BitJam
I ordered the same day, my EDD has been sitting at 9/1-9/30 for several days now...
Don't rely on EDD.. Since the beginning of May, I have had May EDD's, June EDD's, then September EDD, then Now July-August EDD.

When you get to about 25-30 different EDD's you will stop looking at it. Sometimes it will shift by days, forward and backwards. Then sometimes it will shift by months.

My guess is the rest of the April orders will get filled during July, May orders by August 30th, and June orders by September 30th.

My feeling is that might get stretched out since the order backlog is growing not shrinking. So maybe extend those months.

If you hear of Tesla catching up with orders then you can shrink those dates. But for now it's the wrong direction.

@digitalboi Gratz! FWIW, after I expressed interest in and then ordered my demo vehicle, almost all my communication from Tesla was via texts from their generic phone number from random or unnamed people. I think getting told you got a VIN this way is probably a good sign. The first text in the series after I got a VIN started with:

"Hi xxxxx!

After the car arrived at the SC most of the texts started with "Tesla Order Support - [...]". They were pretty good at answering my basic questions but were not a fount of deep wisdom.

BTW: after the original mistake when I was first ordering back in May, they gave me the cell number for the sales manager in El Paso. This guy has always been absolutely stellar! Always picks up the phone. Always has time for me and my seemingly endless stream of problems. He has even called me several times (and started out by calling me) to check in and see how I'm doing. It's been mostly moral support and a friendly voice but its been greatly appreciated.
Funny thing is I got the VIN last week like Thursday or something I think. SO this text is like super late lol... also the way it was worded was very casual and like a continuation of a previous conversation... as if I'd been talking to this person before... super odd

"Hi xxxxx!

Dang have him train the rest lol.