Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it should help ease some of the supply issues. Do we have any idea when both those locations are slated to start production?
Everything I've read or heard indicates maybe some cars toward the end of the year but not meaningful production until next year. I just watched a video today, however, that tracks Giga Texas and he believes some cars will be produced there quite soon, well before even the walls are up. I could actually see that happening, but it's just a guess with no insider information.

I'm in San Antonio and we visit Austin often and I've been to the site since it was untouched ground and have watched it being built. It is massive. It's going to be great seeing all of the Cyber Trucks rolling out of there.

Yeah it should help ease some of the supply issues. Do we have any idea when both those locations are slated to start production?
Austin will for sure. Not many cars go to Europe from Fremont, so Berlin is not much of a factor other than expanding the market in Europe. MY has been a huge success - not a bad problem to have, but Tesla must step up its customer service game, or Ford's dealer network and vehicle build quality will eat it for lunch.

Austin will for sure. Not many cars go to Europe from Fremont, so Berlin is not much of a factor other than expanding the market in Europe. MY has been a huge success - not a bad problem to have, but Tesla must step up its customer service game, or Ford's dealer network and vehicle build quality will eat it for lunch.
I don’t disagree in regard to Ford and their dealer network. But for now Ford’s partnership with Electrify America doesn’t even come close to the supercharger network. I live in WV. There are 0 EA installations here. If you want an EV in WV, admittedly an anti-EV state, the only choice is Tesla if you want to travel.

White exterior, black interior, 19" geminis, no tow, no fsd -- bog standard.
Ordered May 26, Profile finished May 30th.

While sitting at July 26 - August 16 for a while, now we're at August 28th to September 16th.

My SA is pretty good at getting back to me, which is comforting. She mentioned that she hadn't heard of any delays on deliveries from CA (I'm in Denver, CO), and said:

We are going to see the dates shift around a bit due to the beginning of the a new quarter. We haven’t heard of any delays or issues with the next shipment out of California, so we just need to let the system recalibrate and prepare for the next round out.

First time poster here!

Ordered a blue MYP without FSD 6/15 to be delivered to SoCal.

At first EDD was showing a week after my order date (got my hopes up!), then switched to late July-August, now holding steady and showing 7/7-7/24, but still no VIN.

Fingers crossed it’ll get delivered in the next week or two. Excited to get into my first Tesla!
You and I are in the same boat but I ordered 6/12 MYP MSM

I've started to calm down after this past weekend and some time to think. I would recommend that if a friend says they're going to make a large purchase like a Tesla right after a severe/traumatic loss to wait a bit. We lost our Husky Abby on April 30th and ordered on May 8th. Abby wasn't any husky she saved my life because she went and got my husband after I had passed out from a heart condition and he was able to wake me back up. Ever since she monitored me and helped me through many of my darkest days with another condition as well as just being my best friend. We did everything we could to try and save her but weren't able. We also wouldn't be able to afford to buy a house anymore either, not in this market anyway, and our apartment complex has added J1772 and a Tesla charger in recent years. So we quickly decided to stay in our apartment for a few more years, we like it a lot anyway, and buy our dream car. This was pretty much because we felt our dreams had all been upturned in one month and all we had left was our shared dreams of an electric car. I don't regret buying a Tesla let me be clear there, but I do wish I would have waited a bit more to deal with the grief in a more healthy way. I feel that I put too much into getting the Tesla and that's caused myself a lot of extra pain that a little more time would have helped smooth over. Not that the delivery dates shifting so much is ok, but with what we've all collectively gone through the past year+ and issues are still being worked out of supply chains and people are just burnt out. Stepping back I've been mad at a company I've followed since I was a kid and adored because the wrong expectations were set by me but also partly by Tesla. I got too invested in getting it by the date, and now many to our dismay have realized the dates really don't mean a whole lot. So now we've settled into the "we'll get it when it comes" attitude. Our trip we had hoped to have the car for has past, and now we're going to sell our ice in the next week or so. Next big trip isn't until September, lol, hoping we have it by then as well but are prepared to rent a car. The transition to a cleaner future never promised to be easy or smooth, quite the opposite actually as the legacy makers have flailed about. Point is through all of this I know that the wait and frustration is going to be worth it to no longer have to burn fossil fuel and help wreck our environment. We'll all get through the frustration. If you've read this far thanks I hope you're weekend was safe and fun as well, and please keep your loved ones close.

Attachments

• tempImageqQzJYS.png
    tempImageqQzJYS.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 85
We lost our Husky Abby on April 30th [...] So now we've settled into the "we'll get it when it comes" attitude.
Heartbreaking! It sounds like you're aware of what's going on inside and you have your expectations in check, which is healthy. This time was going to suck no matter what with or without ordering a Tesla. I assure you many people got drawn into the EDD expectation game even without a big loss in their lives. It sounds like you haven't made a foolish decision and you will have had some time to heal before the Tesla arrives. I imagine you're going to feel the loss of Abby long after getting jerked around by Tesla fades into a distant memory. Most people are totally blown away by the car when it arrives and this helps them put the unneccessary problems with ordering into the past. I fall into this camp. There are many posts in this thread where people say "Hang in there! It's well worth the hassle and the wait!"

Heartbreaking! It sounds like you're aware of what's going on inside and you have your expectations in check, which is healthy. This time was going to suck no matter what with or without ordering a Tesla. I assure you many people got drawn into the EDD expectation game even without a big loss in their lives. It sounds like you haven't made a foolish decision and you will have had some time to heal before the Tesla arrives. I imagine you're going to feel the loss of Abby long after getting jerked around by Tesla fades into a distant memory. Most people are totally blown away by the car when it arrives and this helps them put the unneccessary problems with ordering into the past. I fall into this camp. There are many posts in this thread where people say "Hang in there! It's well worth the hassle and the wait!"
Thank you. I'm pretty sure I'm in that camp too. I wouldn't let myself test drive until the day before we ordered because I knew it would ruin cars for me and it totally did in the best possible ways. It was above and beyond anything that I expected after all the research I've done over the years.

I've started to calm down after this past weekend and some time to think. I would recommend that if a friend says they're going to make a large purchase like a Tesla right after a severe/traumatic loss to wait a bit. We lost our Husky Abby on April 30th and ordered on May 8th. Abby wasn't any husky she saved my life because she went and got my husband after I had passed out from a heart condition and he was able to wake me back up. Ever since she monitored me and helped me through many of my darkest days with another condition as well as just being my best friend. We did everything we could to try and save her but weren't able. We also wouldn't be able to afford to buy a house anymore either, not in this market anyway, and our apartment complex has added J1772 and a Tesla charger in recent years. So we quickly decided to stay in our apartment for a few more years, we like it a lot anyway, and buy our dream car. This was pretty much because we felt our dreams had all been upturned in one month and all we had left was our shared dreams of an electric car. I don't regret buying a Tesla let me be clear there, but I do wish I would have waited a bit more to deal with the grief in a more healthy way. I feel that I put too much into getting the Tesla and that's caused myself a lot of extra pain that a little more time would have helped smooth over. Not that the delivery dates shifting so much is ok, but with what we've all collectively gone through the past year+ and issues are still being worked out of supply chains and people are just burnt out. Stepping back I've been mad at a company I've followed since I was a kid and adored because the wrong expectations were set by me but also partly by Tesla. I got too invested in getting it by the date, and now many to our dismay have realized the dates really don't mean a whole lot. So now we've settled into the "we'll get it when it comes" attitude. Our trip we had hoped to have the car for has past, and now we're going to sell our ice in the next week or so. Next big trip isn't until September, lol, hoping we have it by then as well but are prepared to rent a car. The transition to a cleaner future never promised to be easy or smooth, quite the opposite actually as the legacy makers have flailed about. Point is through all of this I know that the wait and frustration is going to be worth it to no longer have to burn fossil fuel and help wreck our environment. We'll all get through the frustration. If you've read this far thanks I hope you're weekend was safe and fun as well, and please keep your loved ones close.
So sorry for your loss! She sounds like a really special dog. If she was able to save your life you know that she wants you out there enjoying it in your dream car!

I am also trying to get into the "we'll get it when it comes" attitude as I ordered the same configuration as you ten days later. Tentatively planning a trip for September as well. We'll see...

Everything I've read or heard indicates maybe some cars toward the end of the year but not meaningful production until next year. I just watched a video today, however, that tracks Giga Texas and he believes some cars will be produced there quite soon, well before even the walls are up. I could actually see that happening, but it's just a guess with no insider information.

I'm in San Antonio and we visit Austin often and I've been to the site since it was untouched ground and have watched it being built. It is massive. It's going to be great seeing all of the Cyber Trucks rolling out of there.
I’m also in San Antonio. Ordered May 21. Been following the updates at Gigatexas for months. They are cruising along. I think we will definitely see some Model Ys from there in the next few months.

So sorry for your loss! She sounds like a really special dog. If she was able to save your life you know that she wants you out there enjoying it in your dream car!

I am also trying to get into the "we'll get it when it comes" attitude as I ordered the same configuration as you ten days later. Tentatively planning a trip for September as well. We'll see...
That's why we're planning so many trips to see friends around the country and up in Canada as well. Fingers crossed for you to get yours soon as well.