Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a bummer about the comms. Definitely not my experience. I got multiple texts the day I submitted and several yesterday about my trade in and a friend's referral code. Hoping that piece improves for you.
Thats awesome to hear. I live between three Tesla showrooms/dealerships/buisness-places, each about an hour away in various directions. Im not sure if i just chose the wrong one and these guys just suck or something? I would have thought this area was a mature market and they would have their crap together but i guess not?
best of luck to you and hope your positive experience continues!

I just want to say that this thread alone has kinda turned out to be a wiki. I get lot of information here. I rarely check other threads anymore. Thanks to all who are actively sharing information.

Side note: I requested my order to be on hold until 08/01. But, my SA released the hold on it on 07/01 without informing me. I randomly checked my order on the website only to find that it has been released. I called him up and he argued with me saying that I requested for hold only until 07/01. I ended up convincing him that it is 08/01 by showing him my signature on this forum 😆. Also, he first mentioned that I can comfortably hold for 6mo and he can push beyond that if required (I was optimistic about fed rebates and also in the middle of a mortgage application). Now, he says he can only hold until 08/01 due to demand (which seems illogical to me). And at this point, all I need to convince him is to at least hold until my mortgage application is finished. I think I am no longer gonna wait for the tax credits.

Yeah mine was holding very similar up until two days ago, now where it says Estimated Delivery it has the little middle finger emoji.
Yea that's normal, it just means that you car fell off a truck, was turned into a demo, then they digitally erased the miles on the odo and slapped some Model 3 body panels on it in an effort to meet Q2 EoQ numbas, but then was eaten up by a tornado, unfortunately. (Translation: Happy Friday!)

New to the site, ordered a Model Y LR (Silver w/ blk interior, 19in wheels) on 6 June, completed my profile same day. Got a really great trade in offer from Tesla for my Explorer initially. My EDD has changed near daily from end of July through Aug/Sept. zero contact from anybody at Tesla throughout the process. The first 30 days came and went and my trade in offer expired, which is reasonable. Resubmitted my odometer, lose $800 off the trade in offer (still better than carmax). What caught my attention is apparently now my EDD is 4-30 Sept, which if that is the case, and this becomes a trend, my car will be near worthless by the time the MY gets delivered. I think i would be less irritated if i had some communication from anybody at Tesla, instead i feel like im in the dark and getting fleeced. Thanks for tolerating my complaining and looking forward to learning more about this with everybody here.
This is how i lost my VIN 3 days before it was scheduled to be picked up. Had to update Trade-In and it restarted the process...so cancelled trade in now. will not make any more changes to my order

Yea that's normal, it just means that you car fell off a truck, was turned into a demo, then they digitally erased the miles on the odo and slapped some Model 3 body panels on it in an effort to meet Q2 EoQ numbas, but then was eaten up by a tornado, unfortunately. (Translation: Happy Friday!)
I feel like adding “unfortunately” was editorializing a perfectly reasonable explanation. Something tells me though that there is some truth behind those examples.

in all seriousness i probably should have not ordered this thing when i had so much time on my hands and such little to do.

• Funny
Reactions: Yankees
Ordered 6/21 and I have a delivery date estimated July/16 -> August/06. No Vin, sitting at the screen with insurance info (I'm in CA so don't need VIN to do insurance). I'm pretty OCD though so check quite a few times a day ;-). I figured tax credits would be nice but not holding my breath. Super excited, sold my 11 MPG SUV to get the Tesla. Glad to do my part for the planet and also shred some road with the Perf Y. Looks like an awesome online community as well. Hope to see some of you around!

I just want to say that this thread alone has kinda turned out to be a wiki. I get lot of information here. I rarely check other threads anymore. Thanks to all who are actively sharing information.
Since @BitJam recently got his home electrical set up, I will give some more helpful information/reminder to not forget to apply for your tax credit for installing an EV charger. Also don't forget to check for local incentives as well, Milwaukee, WI is crap for EV incentives 😢

But here is a link to the form for the federal tax credit: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8911.pdf

And the instructions on how to fill out the form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8911.pdf

Just got my VIN assigned 230xxx with delivery in about 1.5 weeks.
MYLR white/white, 19, no tow, w/FSD.
Ordered 4/27 but took it off hold middle of June. Lost a VIN as I wasn't able to take delivery before EOQ due to a business trip.
That makes me believe earlier orders get some priority.
Where in MI will you get delivery, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m using the new Grand Rapids site and they are great, but seems like they don’t expect to see cars much before August.

Reactions: bet_america
What was your scenario for 255*?
So the majority of us on this thread that have a 255xxx VIN were assigned VIN's in Q2 (some, including muah had delivery appointments scheduled at the SC) only to have the VINs removed. Some because of damage to the car others as a result of the delivery not arriving on time (so they assigned the VIN to a customer closer to the car to make the Q2 delivery cut off).
Most if not all now have VIN's in the 255 range but our EDDs are all showing September... I know for a fact that my car has completed production as the SA confirmed that for me earlier this week. There is just no tracing information on the vehicle starting its way cross country...
So... we are a bit concerned by this as we've been promised VINs already once now to have them removed... now you have an even older VIN AND you have a realistic EDD... makes things even worse

@digitalboi I have the same concern as you. Looking at the tracker there have been some July CA deliveries but nothing else. Until deliveries start happening elsewhere, I’m sceptical about my EDD being anything different than September and the VIN being another placeholder. With that being said, maybe we will get a purple button tonight to accept the Mind of Car FSD update and all will be well with the world.
That would be something!

Still no EDD update and now when I call the SC it goes to VM... are they screening my calls?!