Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday! 230XXX

My EDD's have been all over the place just like everyone else - and most recently switched to a generic September again Thursday and Friday before getting my VIN saturday.

Ordered 5/16 - so will need to reapply for financing :(

Awesome news!!! That means that my June 4th order VIN should be here soon I hope! I’m predicting I’ll get it end of July.

Does anyone know when Tesla typically assign VIN's? Is it once a car has cleared production they assign or is it at some other stage?
Based on what we've come to understand they assign them sometime very close to the completion of production. Not exactly sure of the stage but its near the very end...

Awesome thanks. There’s ONE weekend I am gone end of august in the middle of my EDD and I just want to be safe haha.
Basically once your car arrives at the SC you have three days to get it. If you can't get it in that 3 day window and you dont' have an accommodating SA then you are put back in line for the next car and your VIN is reassigned to someone else or sold as an inventory car if they have no matching orders in your SC

Mine moved back too. I can’t wait much longer. Sold my car because I got 6k more selling it privately than trading into Tesla. I really need my MY to come in soon.
You and like a 1000 others on this thread LOL... we sold our truck almost a month ago thinking we'd only be without a car for a week, then my VIN was every so kindly removed and given away 🙄

Got my VIN yesterday! 230XXX

My EDD's have been all over the place just like everyone else - and most recently switched to a generic September again Thursday and Friday before getting my VIN saturday.

Ordered 5/16 - so will need to reapply for financing :(
The EDD was doing something similar last quarter for a period of time where it would switch to a generic EOQ date and then BOOM! VIN DAY!

Reactions: smophiee
Also got bumped back

Ordered a MYLR5 white on black with hitch no FSD on 20" inductions was told by my SA I would have it end of July for sure, but my date just got bumped to Aug 16 - Sept 8 still no vin.

Trying to time the sale of my 4runner has been impossible but I'm patient, will just make it that much better when I finally take delivery

Also got bumped back

Ordered a MYLR5 white on black with hitch no FSD on 20" inductions was told by my SA I would have it end of July for sure, but my date just got bumped to Aug 16 - Sept 8 still no vin.

Trying to time the sale of my 4runner has been impossible but I'm patient, will just make it that much better when I finally take delivery
Yeah I was told mine would be shipping out of Freemont by today, granted thats PST so they have a few more hours theoretically to get it out but based on my date slipping today I am thinking it isn't going to go ☹️😭
Guess I'll be annoying my SA tomorrow with another call...

Reactions: PatrickTM
Here's my info: order 7/4 - treated it like a birthday celebration for USA. MYLR, Blue, Black/White interior, 7 Seater, Tow, No FSD though I'll add it whenever it's available to regular people. EDD 9/6-9/26. Like everyone I'm antsy to get it. Spent over a year researching and wondering if range anxiety was going to be an issue. Now that I finally decided to go for it, there's a wait.

I didn't get nagged for final payment.

Once my order was ready for pickup, I got an email from Tesla outlining next steps including what to bring to pickup, which includes payment.

The delivery center also gave me a call to confirm I have the details I need. If you don't bring everything to pickup, they won't release the car.
Low key / passive aggressive nagging. The website initially asked. Then an email. Then a tex, and finally a call from the SA making sure I was keeping my delivery appointment, and asking if I had any questions about paying. Asking more than once is rude.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I ordered on June 25th, was getting estimates of Aug 24 to sep 13, I see today it changed to July 19-31.
Do not have a VIN yet. Can it switch back or I may get it sooner. Thanks for replying.
I ordered 5/14, I’ve had EDD’s ranging from just a few days out, to September, June and everything in between. I still don’t even have a VIN and dates keep jumping around. The EDD basically means nothing - so wouldn’t be counting on it to stay that way…