Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed again to 7/14 - 7/25. Order placed on 6/10 for a MYP pearl white, black interior w/ tow hitch and non FSD. My SA just so happened to return my call a few hours later and said from looking at his “internal app that gives him a more concrete date”, my MYP is currently in production and I’m set to receive a VIN on 7/19. I didn’t let myself get too excited and took it with a grain of salt. We’ll see what happens I guess.

I have an appointment set for full Xpel Stealth wrap on 8/3 so I’m fine if the delivery date is close to that.

I‘ll be taking delivery at the Buena Park dealership in SoCal.

My EDD changed again to 7/14 - 7/25. Order placed on 6/10 for a MYP pearl white, black interior w/ tow hitch and non FSD. My SA just so happened to return my call a few hours later and said from looking at his “internal app that gives him a more concrete date”, my MYP is currently in production and I’m set to receive a VIN on 7/19. I didn’t let myself get too excited and took it with a grain of salt. We’ll see what happens I guess.

I have an appointment set for full Xpel Stealth wrap on 8/3 so I’m fine if the delivery date is close to that.

Interesting. I have the exact same EDD range today. Thanks for the update and info!

Same EDD range for me and in SoCal as well! Mine is a blue MYP, black interior, no tow, no FSD.

Where will you be getting your wrap done? I’m still debating if I will want to PPF the front or not

Whats your VIN?

You do realize scheduling an appointment for any work on your MY prior to delivery jinxes you right? :p:p:p

I just spoke with my SA and she said she still doesn't see my vehicle has entered into production, but she sees a date of arriving at the dealership on/around August 3rd. While I hold that with a grain a salt. my question is...

Does anybody know how long production does take for a Model Y?
Good question, I guess I too am not 100% clear on how it goes, after two Teslas & 840 pages of this thread. Is a VIN assigned before or after production? I assumed it was after, like they make a bunch of cars based on what the ordered configs are (by the numbers, so like "let's make 50 MY7s white/white, then maybe there's a finishing department that matches order quantities for each wheel config and hitch/no hitch), then as they come out of the factory they match it up to orders. Is this what happens, or do they custom build your car? (which would be much cooler) I know it's not very custom but meaning they literally load up your config and build that exact build on the production line.

Good question, I guess I too am not 100% clear on how it goes, after two Teslas & 840 pages of this thread. Is a VIN assigned before or after production? I assumed it was after, like they make a bunch of cars based on what the ordered configs are (by the numbers, so like "let's make 50 MY7s white/white, then maybe there's a finishing department that matches order quantities for each wheel config and hitch/no hitch), then as they come out of the factory they match it up to orders. Is this what happens, or do they custom build your car? (which would be much cooler) I know it's not very custom but meaning they literally load up your config and build that exact build on the production line.
We need answers

I had my VIN assigned and got a call from my SA on 7/9 between 9 and 10AM EST. Just called with my SA and asked about the production date and she said 7/9 at 6:xxAM I guess PST.
With 3h time difference that's the same time.
The car is currently on the train in Nevada, so I guess the VIN was assigned and created at the same time after production.
For reference my VIN is 230xxx