Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard if it’s something small they will send out a mobile ranger but if it’s a big fix then they will pay to have the car shipped to Oahu. I’m kinda nervous about this because I have to accept delivery and final payment before I even see the car so if there are any big issues it’s gonna be a pain.
We don’t have a ton of Tesla’s here yet because we have a horrible charging network and zero superchargers so most people use home charging with solar panels.
Check out TreyDaze on youtube. He's in Hawaii and has some good info. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPGVwrJM2Lm1beOSyGTPiHQ/videos

I hope that's true--if the Virginia location can coordinate all the Maryland registration details that's great. I live in Maryland, have a Maryland driver's license, pay taxes in Maryland and need to register the car in Maryland. I just selected the Virginia location because Tesla suggested it as closest, but I'm not sure if I technically 'buy' the car in Virginia they can arbitrarily use Maryland tax and get me a Maryland license.
if it makes you feel better I bought a car in Richmond once and I lived in FL it was all seamless and easy, they gave me my temp tag and I got all my stuff in the mail from the state, easy breezy

I hope that's true--if the Virginia location can coordinate all the Maryland registration details that's great. I live in Maryland, have a Maryland driver's license, pay taxes in Maryland and need to register the car in Maryland. I just selected the Virginia location because Tesla suggested it as closest, but I'm not sure if I technically 'buy' the car in Virginia they can arbitrarily use Maryland tax and get me a Maryland license.
Military too, friend. Ordered a 3 back in 2019 and they registered it in Texas for us from the Raleigh showroom.

As with all weird military nuances you might get some "no's" at first from those that don't understand but keep asking until you find someone in the know.

It's NOVA, they've 100% dealt with Mil clients before.

Its not just who is the fat kid, I feel the same. I think Tyco SC is the worst in the area and the SA never responds to the call or voicemail. My SA keeps repeating the same info via email which I see online. I get more information here in forums then my SA. Worst customer service for a fairly expensive car lineup.
I enjoyed the Tysons VA SC. Went there for 2 separate test drives, dealt with the same guys both time. Very helpful.
When I was leaving the second time he said I should hurry to place my order to avoid the price increase. I blew it off as a pushy BS sales tactic. Joke was on me, he wasn't lying. $500 lesson in trust.