Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate the idea that Elon may be opening it up to other companies. Hopefully that will just be in Europe, and/or if he opens it up here non-Tesla folks will have very high rates--as in double or more. So it would be available for true emergency use and they'd get in and get out in minimum time and effectively subsidize the network for the rest of us.
Man, seriously? I imagine in the early days of Ford Model T and internal combustion transportation, Ford wasn't going around signing exclusive use agreements with gas station to only supply Ford vehicles with gas.

Similarly, we're in the early days of EV transportation, and an amp is an amp. If Tesla's goal is to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy, opening up Supercharger access can only help get all of us over to a predominantly EV system.

Reactions: Brad497 and und2000
I wonder if gas prices are playing into the value differences with less fuel efficient cars loosing value and more fuel efficient cars gaining. We're selling our hybrid to Carvana and I just updated the quote two days ago and it had gone up almost another $1000, but with others seeing prices drop I think we're gonna sell now and figure it out when we need a car, because I don't wanna get screwed since I'm up more than I need for the downpayment and payoff of the old loan.
Yup, we do have remarkably short memory spans when it comes to gas prices. It's like every time price goes up people suddenly realize that fuel economy is a thing.

Reactions: Jermayan
I've refreshed about 50 times a day for the last two months. This is getting tiring.....

Use Distiller instead of refreshing and you will just get an email and/or text when the date changes: Monitor websites for changes, get SMS alerts and email alerts | Distill.io
I was going to say 50, those are rookie numbers, you have to pump those numbers up. With distill "I" have been checking 144 times a day. It's ok, I am way more productive at work now. That is also how I know my estimates only ever change between 7-7:10am central if they change.

I got a response from my SA today; my 229xxx VIN was built with the HEPA filter/bioweapon defense mode! They're anticipating that the car will arrive between 7/29-8/3, which is fairly close to the 7/25-7/31 still shown on the website.
I’m jealous man. It’ll be me a few weeks after you. Did you join the Columbus Tesla owners Facebook group?

Man, seriously? I imagine in the early days of Ford Model T and internal combustion transportation, Ford wasn't going around signing exclusive use agreements with gas station to only supply Ford vehicles with gas.

Similarly, we're in the early days of EV transportation, and an amp is an amp. If Tesla's goal is to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy, opening up Supercharger access can only help get all of us over to a predominantly EV system.
Yep, dead serious. We pay a premium for Teslas and part of that is to build and sustain the supercharger network. As I said, I have no problem with larger access, as long as those other folks pay a premium to pay for the network too.