Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here's what's happened since I received the car on 6/24.

Week 1: PPF - Xpel Ultimate Plus. Partial hood, full front bumper, all doors edge guards, rocker panels front to back, rear splash areas, lights, mirrors.
Tint - Xpel Ceramic XR+. Windows & rear 35%, Roof & Windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating - Xpel Fusion full vehicle including wheels.
Xpel Dallas corporate location did a good job.

Week 2: RPM Tesla accessories - Rim savers (not so good), mud flaps (highly recommend), trunk sill plate covers (good), rear air vent covers (crap).
Tesmanian - Full mat set (decent, not as good as all-weather mats I've used before with Sonata/Avalon/CRV/Infiniti), performance foot pedals (good), jack pads (they do their job).
Abstract Ocean - Roof noise reduction kit (I think it works, placebo effect??), second row seat back covers (highly recommend for anyone with pets).
Amazon - Spigen tempered glass protector matte (highly recommend), Luumtee 2 piece front & arm console organizers (good), Tescamp headrest pillow white (highly recommend for comfort as well as keeping headrest clean if you have oily skin/hair), KMMotors arm console cover diamond black (good), basenor door latch covers (good).

Week 3: Texas Tax - Tesla paperwork arrived, took about 15 minutes to pay the tax at the local tax assessor office, got permanent plates, and 1yr inspection sticker. $4600+ ouch! Had ordered a custom plate 2 weeks ago but it's yet to arrive. Can't wait for that, my first splurge on a plate given that regular plates in TX are lifetime. Hopefully it makes people chuckle and reduces their likelihood to road rage.
Tesla Service Appointments - two mobile visits so far. One to clean the interior lining in several spots that were dirty at point of delivery, second to swap out the key cards that were warped at time of delivery as well. Both were treated as warranty items and the techs were on time & super courteous.

View attachment 685079
I thought about buying the rim savers, but I decided that the best rim saver is me just being careful. The downward-tilting mirrors when reversing have been immensely helpful - since I started using those primarily when backing up, I've haven't curbed the rims once!

I've been keeping track of the daily changes to my delivery date since I placed my order. Like many of you, mine is also all over the place. I've posted a screenshot below.

BTW- I ordered a black Model Y with the performance package.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.15.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-16 at 3.15.26 PM.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 67
I don't get it. Looking at your first EDD on June 5th and your last on July 16th, they are only 3 days different. Why couldn't they just leave the dates alone this whole time rather than taking you on such a rollercoaster. If the dates remained the same for a few weeks we'd all stop looking every day and just assume the date is correct. Instead with it changing every day, we are compulsively drawn to checking it all the time.
I could be wrong, but I'm assuming tesla wants to give you more detailed and accurate EDDs. So, they try to automate it by adjusting dates based on supplies for your model and their assembly plan. Many factors automated and coded will always be fluctuating.

Man, seriously? I imagine in the early days of Ford Model T and internal combustion transportation, Ford wasn't going around signing exclusive use agreements with gas station to only supply Ford vehicles with gas.

Similarly, we're in the early days of EV transportation, and an amp is an amp. If Tesla's goal is to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy, opening up Supercharger access can only help get all of us over to a predominantly EV system.
Gotta disagree. The Supercharging network is Tesla’s best asset right now. If they allow others to use it they give up a major advantage to competitors. There are many out there that are car agnostic and it’s the SN that brings them into Tesla. With access to the SN many other brands will get an immediate boost to their sales. This will hurt more than help Tesla in the short term.

To be fair, your current EDD is remarkably close to the original EDD from back in early June. It's like if you just slept for a month and half and ignored the roller coaster ride, nothing would've really changed. The real fun starts when you get a VIN assigned and pray that Lord Elon doesn't take your VIN away.
true. a roller coaster starts at a point and ends at same point, but keeps going up and down LOL

Reactions: PatrickTM
Yep, dead serious. We pay a premium for Teslas and part of that is to build and sustain the supercharger network. As I said, I have no problem with larger access, as long as those other folks pay a premium to pay for the network too.
I think we need to encourage Buc'ees to put in charging stations - talk about destination charging :)

I would assume that my loan approval has expired, because the website just switched to "Credit Decision Pending" and no longer shows my monthly payment, down payment/balance due, etc., though it does show a specific delivery appointment time and the VIN is still there.

I am 0% ready for something to go wrong when I'm basically 2 weeks out from actually receiving the vehicle.

Edit: Yep, I got a call from US Bank to confirm my identity (I have a fraud alert on my credit due to an identity theft a few years ago), a ping from CreditKarma that my credit was pulled, and the loan info returned.

Last edited:
So here's what's happened since I received the car on 6/24.

Week 1: PPF - Xpel Ultimate Plus. Partial hood, full front bumper, all doors edge guards, rocker panels front to back, rear splash areas, lights, mirrors.
Tint - Xpel Ceramic XR+. Windows & rear 35%, Roof & Windshield 70%
Ceramic Coating - Xpel Fusion full vehicle including wheels.
Xpel Dallas corporate location did a good job.

Week 2: RPM Tesla accessories - Rim savers (not so good), mud flaps (highly recommend), trunk sill plate covers (good), rear air vent covers (crap).
Tesmanian - Full mat set (decent, not as good as all-weather mats I've used before with Sonata/Avalon/CRV/Infiniti), performance foot pedals (good), jack pads (they do their job).
Abstract Ocean - Roof noise reduction kit (I think it works, placebo effect??), second row seat back covers (highly recommend for anyone with pets).
Amazon - Spigen tempered glass protector matte (highly recommend), Luumtee 2 piece front & arm console organizers (good), Tescamp headrest pillow white (highly recommend for comfort as well as keeping headrest clean if you have oily skin/hair), KMMotors arm console cover diamond black (good), basenor door latch covers (good).

Week 3: Texas Tax - Tesla paperwork arrived, took about 15 minutes to pay the tax at the local tax assessor office, got permanent plates, and 1yr inspection sticker. $4600+ ouch! Had ordered a custom plate 2 weeks ago but it's yet to arrive. Can't wait for that, my first splurge on a plate given that regular plates in TX are lifetime. Hopefully it makes people chuckle and reduces their likelihood to road rage.
Tesla Service Appointments - two mobile visits so far. One to clean the interior lining in several spots that were dirty at point of delivery, second to swap out the key cards that were warped at time of delivery as well. Both were treated as warranty items and the techs were on time & super courteous.

View attachment 685079
How much did week 1 cost? ;)

Reactions: PatrickTM and TESRP
so further to my post earlier, got touchless delivery coming next Wednesday around 1500hrs. Now forgive me if this is a stupid question, but i'm not familiar with how the US license plate business works. We've got the plates being transferred from our Tiguan to the MY, do I have to do anything or do tesla do all that, or do I have to go to the DMV :rolleyes: and sort it myself?
I had to message my SA about it... they will take care of the tag transfer for you and provide you with an updated registration. you take the tag and mount it to the MY when you get it delivered.

Gratz! Whats your VIN?

Gotta disagree. The Supercharging network is Tesla’s best asset right now. If they allow others to use it they give up a major advantage to competitors. There are many out there that are car agnostic and it’s the SN that brings them into Tesla. With access to the SN many other brands will get an immediate boost to their sales. This will hurt more than help Tesla in the short term.
I agree. The charging network is what sets Tesla apart from the rest. I have wanted a Tesla for a long time but the reason why I wanted has changed over the years. 2-3 years ago it was because Tesla was the only one that offered an EV for under 50k that had 200+ mile range and isn't a car that everyone has. But now there are cars out there that hit what I need 200+ miles per charge (have a 4 year that can't go more than that at one given time), have fast charging, has OTA update, nice tech, driver assistance. But what kept me at Tesla was the network, realistically the closest competitor to the charging network is Electrify America and those charges have issue, and what will it be like in 5 years when EVs are all over? Ford, VW, Audi, Chevy, Porsche etc are all equipping their cars to use that network. So in 5 years that network is going to be in brutal shape because to stay ahead of the rush they had to start building and planning for it years ago and didn't.

That being said, I am all for EV adoption and would be open to sharing the Supercharging network. But charge more for other cars and give Tesla owners free charging or 5 year free charging or cheaper cars....something. Or throttle speeds to 100kW.

For the fanboys out there, I love Tesla and I am buying a Tesla because I do believe that they are the best EV on the road, but Tesla is not perfect and there are reasons why people may choose a different EV, not everyone cares about a 1.9s 0 to 60, 400+ miles of range, the advanced infotainment systems, the driver assistance....so when those don't matter there are very valid other options out there. And if Tesla can't figure out there customer service, that could be the breaking point for some. And yes, I do my research so don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about.

Sorry to derail the conversation, back to EDD

Thats why I took on the inconvenience of having one less car in the household. I sold my truck when the prices were at their peak.
yeah same here, we sold my husbands F150 Harley 2012 a bit over a month ago now I think... its been challenging at times but when you get 30k for an old beat up truck how can you possibly walk away from that!