Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to this forum - may have been addressed earlier, sorry if this is redundant/ obvious: if I place an order for a MY now, is the final price I pay whenever it is delivered, say November, today's listed price ie 54,990 plus delivery etc -or is there no guarantee as to the final price? And if I delay delivery, does the price stays fixed or can it change?
The price will remain the same or get better UNLESS you change something. So make sure you order exactly what you want.

Reactions: CLK350
Does anyone get the feeling that eventually Tesla could (should?) just remove the "order now" button on the MYLR? If EDD's are now pushed out to November or further (seeing some recent orders say they don't even have an EDD range) doesn't it make sense for Tesla to suspend ordering and try to get through their current order backlog?

Reactions: Jonasbrotha
Does anyone get the feeling that eventually Tesla could (should?) just remove the "order now" button on the MYLR? If EDD's are now pushed out to November or further (seeing some recent orders say they don't even have an EDD range) doesn't it make sense for Tesla to suspend ordering and try to get through their current order backlog?
I doubt Tesla would do that because the order numbers is always good for them to report to street which shows the demand. But who knows they might remove too.

I doubt Tesla would do that because the order numbers is always good for them to report to street which shows the demand. But who knows they might remove too.
didn't Tesla suspend ordering on the model S while the redesign was still in the works/ the details weren't ready to be revealed? with the new batteries and giga austin around the corner I bet there could be more than just a range boost and small ancilary things like HEPA that could be added to make it a "whole new model" therefore suspending orders until all the details are out and therefore let themselves catch up on the current order batch on hand. Plus we've seen how quickly "existing inventory" disappears, they shouldn't worry about having excess inventory sit on SC lots.

Reactions: PatrickTM
For those of you who have received the mythical blue button (Tesla Vision) and also use DISTILL to monitor your EDD, can you confirm that distill detected the blue button as a change? Or did it error out, or even worse not see any changes (assuming the EDD did not change)?

Thanks!

if tesla really thinks there is a delay or if they can't deliver something soon, they should remove the FSD button rather than the order now button .. my 2 cents.

Reactions: ajs847
Ordered May 20th White on White 7 seater MYLR… Was told 4-12weeks when ordering… I’m on the week of the 10weeks now… I called Tesla Build Center 510-249-3100 and was told I am scheduled for a vin this week and delivery for mid August… Was told that 4 different time and 4 different days…
1. Sunday- 8/2-8/22
2. Monday- 8/3-8/22
3. Tuesday- 8/4-8/22
4. Wednesday- 8/5-8/22
5. Thursday- 8/6-8/22
6. Friday- 8/7-8/22
7. Saturday- no dates
8. Sunday- 8/9-8/29
thanks for the number. I called it and the lady was asking how i got it, since they only deal with TX, AZ orders.

No luck there, she wouldn't provide any additional details or a recourse for my grievances. She did admit that its an unusually long waiting period as most of their SW US april orders had been fulfilled.

The wait continues :(

Thanks. So, if the EDD goes to January then can we all call our Model Year is 2022? Does the model year even matters for Tesla.
That's correct, if your car is delivered in mid December 2021 or later, your sticker might label it as a 2022 model year. And you're thinking along the right track: model years don't matter for Tesla. They make updates/changes continuously throughout the year. Typically on a quarterly basis, which is why you'll see very few deliveries in the first few weeks of the quarter since that's when they retool. But these hardware changes can get executed at any point.

• Informative
I am still at 8/14-9/3 today. Too many changes leading up to this to be note-worthy. I believe it said 9-13 weeks when I placed my order so we are entering the 9th week today (6/1 order). It is interesting to me how some of the Black/Black crew picking up in Chicago/Midwest have diverged with their EDDs. It seems like I am in a group who should expect to get a VIN mid August for delivery around the end of the month (@joewithblueMY) but others have dates implying early august VINs with mid month deliveries (@ajs847). I probably should have sprung for the 20" wheels! :)