Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Richmond has been great...everyone I've spoken to has been extremely helpful. Delivery this Saturday...because of all the stories I've read on here of people losing VIN's at the last second I'm trying not to get too excited. Not succeeding.
Yeah, I have been impressed with Richmond so far. Good luck with your delivery. Would love to hear how it goes and any pointers. I will look out for you on Virginia roads!

Reactions: Mobyshake
With these older order dates what did you guys not do?
Was your order put on hold or profiles not completed? Seem pretty insane as the longest delivery lead time i saw was 12… These orders are pushing 14+ weeks…
Yep, Pretty insane. My order was completed within a day or so of the initial deposit. Never put on hold, no changes to the build or anything. The SA has confirmed several times that everything is complete. My original EDD was 5-9 weeks from the order date. Which would have the car delivery end of June at the latest.

Reactions: guccitrash
Yep, Pretty insane. My order was completed within a day or so of the initial deposit. Never put on hold, no changes to the build or anything. The SA has confirmed several times that everything is complete. My original EDD was 5-9 weeks from the order date. Which would have the car delivery end of June at the latest.

What was your order date and build info?

You have amazing patience. I WOULDVE flipped a table by now.

I'd be sitting in Musk's office right now (or more likely in jail for trying to get in his office)........

I am going to do a very bad thing but I going to be somewhat optimistic, based on all our EDDs, I think 8/10-8/15 is the sweet spot for the earliest. Mine has been jumping back and forth, @ajs847 has been moving 1 day at a time and @vvkp seems to be sitting consistently around the 8/8-8/10 range. So based on those factors that’s why I think that 8/10-8/15 is the sweet spot for early day. Sorry @ajs847 that would mean your dates getting pushed back more but I think you have been expecting that.

This is also if nothing crazy gets announced on the call today.
it would be poetic irony if I took delivery on my birthday, 8/19 LOL

Reactions: PatrickTM
It’s a pleasure to meet everyone! I’ve been lurking since I ordered on 5/20, but I’ve felt good just doing that till today. I realize that it’s a blessing to have the means to purchase a vehicle like this, but my last 2 weeks have really frustrated me enough to add myself to the conversation.

Details: Ordered on 5/20, with profile completion being the same day. I was so excited and informed that I knew what to get done asap. My Car of choice is a Model Y LR, Ext. White, Int. White, 20” Induction Rims, No Tow, No FSD.

I actually ordered my car 2 days before I had my first test drive. We originally tried to test drive a week prior, but the weather and the stars didn’t align. I received a call from someone while trying to get the test drive scheduled, and that was the first sense of negativity during my buying experience. While scheduling a test drive in May, the weather was horrible. Flooding from heavy rain prevented safe travel through the city for days, and the 2 times I had to reschedule really stressed out my SA. Once I ordered, that negative tone seemed to completely disappear as the follow-up e-mail and conversation during the Test Drive was extremely pleasant.

I’ve read that the EDD isn’t reliable, and the process can be stressful. However, this SA seemed VERY convinced that I’d receive a Car in June with the Q2 orders. I didn’t believe that, but he was very insistent. I even had an EDD for 6/15-6/30. The Date jumped around up till literally the last days of the quarter where I was seeing 6/28-6/30 on my account with no signs of a VIN. I only reached out once in June, and that 6/28 while my EDD said 6/28-6/30. My SA never responded. My EDD jumped to September, and stayed there for 2 weeks. I also had a Wall Connector installed during this time.

Fast forward to a week and a half ago, I contacted the Tesla Customer Service Line to ask them for an update on my order. They explained that I’d have a VIN by the end of the week, and they’d have my SA reach out. I was apparently considered “Priority” as well, since my order was placed in the previous quarter (Interesting). My SA called an hour later, and he was extremely optimistic again. He spoke to me like an old friend. He assured me that I’d have a VIN within the week, and my Car by the first week of August. I didn’t get excited, but I had my eyes on the prize.

Fast forward to today, and still no Vin. My EDD also says 8/1-8/20, but the front end date keeps moving back 1 day at a time. I called to get an update, since the SA seemed so positive almost 2 weeks prior, and I was met with disgusted sighs and “Didn’t we just speak?”. It didn’t make me feel good at all, and he shared plenty of candor about not knowing truly anything about the process or EDD time frames.

Sorry for the novel, but I just needed my frustrations validated by people that have also been through it with me. The apathetic feelings I’ve received from the Tesla ordering process has been awful… but driving the Car itself brought me so much joy.

As I’ve seem so many times in this thread: “It’ll be worth the wait”.

The price will remain the same or get better UNLESS you change something. So make sure you order exactly what you want.
Thanks! Another question for those who are NJ residents: am I reading this correctly, there are no sales tax in NJ for pure EV's aka for any Tesla ?
I'm considering relocating anyways - either upstate NY, PA or NJ ... that might be a factor, shouldn't really be but heh, why not go with more enlightened states - I recall they also had extremely favorable tax incentives for solar many years ago

It’s a pleasure to meet everyone! I’ve been lurking since I ordered on 5/20, but I’ve felt good just doing that till today. I realize that it’s a blessing to have the means to purchase a vehicle like this, but my last 2 weeks have really frustrated me enough to add myself to the conversation.

Details: Ordered on 5/20, with profile completion being the same day. I was so excited and informed that I knew what to get done asap. My Car of choice is a Model Y LR, Ext. White, Int. White, 20” Induction Rims, No Tow, No FSD.

I actually ordered my car 2 days before I had my first test drive. We originally tried to test drive a week prior, but the weather and the stars didn’t align. I received a call from someone while trying to get the test drive scheduled, and that was the first sense of negativity during my buying experience. While scheduling a test drive in May, the weather was horrible. Flooding from heavy rain prevented safe travel through the city for days, and the 2 times I had to reschedule really stressed out my SA. Once I ordered, that negative tone seemed to completely disappear as the follow-up e-mail and conversation during the Test Drive was extremely pleasant.

I’ve read that the EDD isn’t reliable, and the process can be stressful. However, this SA seemed VERY convinced that I’d receive a Car in June with the Q2 orders. I didn’t believe that, but he was very insistent. I even had an EDD for 6/15-6/30. The Date jumped around up till literally the last days of the quarter where I was seeing 6/28-6/30 on my account with no signs of a VIN. I only reached out once in June, and that 6/28 while my EDD said 6/28-6/30. My SA never responded. My EDD jumped to September, and stayed there for 2 weeks. I also had a Wall Connector installed during this time.

Fast forward to a week and a half ago, I contacted the Tesla Customer Service Line to ask them for an update on my order. They explained that I’d have a VIN by the end of the week, and they’d have my SA reach out. I was apparently considered “Priority” as well, since my order was placed in the previous quarter (Interesting). My SA called an hour later, and he was extremely optimistic again. He spoke to me like an old friend. He assured me that I’d have a VIN within the week, and my Car by the first week of August. I didn’t get excited, but I had my eyes on the prize.

Fast forward to today, and still no Vin. My EDD also says 8/1-8/20, but the front end date keeps moving back 1 day at a time. I called to get an update, since the SA seemed so positive almost 2 weeks prior, and I was met with disgusted sighs and “Didn’t we just speak?”. It didn’t make me feel good at all, and he shared plenty of candor about not knowing truly anything about the process or EDD time frames.

Sorry for the novel, but I just needed my frustrations validated by people that have also been through it with me. The apathetic feelings I’ve received from the Tesla ordering process has been awful… but driving the Car itself brought me so much joy.

As I’ve seem so many times in this thread: “It’ll be worth the wait”.

first, welcome,

second, that was well written, concise and totally made sense.

When read stories like yours it reminds me that we are living in unprecedented times of supply chain challenges and supply shortages. I hope you get a resolution to your story very soon, it seems like you certainly should be near the front of the line along with the stragglers on this board who've had orders in since april!

With these older order dates what did you guys not do?
Was your order put on hold or profiles not completed? Seem pretty insane as the longest delivery lead time i saw was 12… These orders are pushing 14+ weeks…
I was told 2-5 weeks when I ordered (4/13), with a "guaranteed delivery in June as long as I order before June 1". Completed my profile the same day and switched from loan to cash within a week (somebody here suggested it).

Been waiting impatiently ever since. EDD has been as far out as September and October and my SA barely responds. Last message I got from him was to expect something this week, so we will see what happens.

I went to the store and complained once or twice, explaining that people who ordered the same configuration at the same store after me have already received theirs. They apologized and said they don't know how the system assigns VINs.

I've visited the delivery lot a few times and every time there just be 100 or so cars ready for delivery. So either they're sitting on a bunch or just have SO many orders they haven't been able to keep up.

Im hopeful I will get my soon, but my enthusiasm has definitely dwindled down on this 15 week journey. I rushed buying accessories and scheduling tint in mid May because I was told the 2-5 week EDD was accurate - so they've just been taking up space in my garage.

A little annoyed I had to pay for registration this year (planning on selling my current car) and the value has dropped $2-3K recently. Also annoyed that it takes me multiple attempts to contact somebody to get my questions answered.

I didn't want to cancel because eventually I would reorder and after all this price increases I don't want to hand Tesla more money. Also don't have any major competitors that I could go to if Tesla fell through.

Order Date : 05/22/2021
No FSD, Tow Hitch,7 Seater, Blue Exterior and white Interior
After having the EDD changed X number of times the current EDD is August 09 - August 21
ordered in Dedham Tesla in Massachusetts.
Should I be expecting a VIN allocation by now? Should I be talking Tesla on the order status?
Minus the white interior same build as mine. My EDD is Sept 1 - Sept 21... I ordered a touch over a week after you...

have a black model Y Lr order placed on 6/15 with EDD today in account as 9/2 - 9/22.

I spoke with a sales guy on generic customer service number which would have got transferred to local service center.

at this time I don’t have a VIN but what the sales guy said stumped me. And I take it with a pinch of salt. He says the factory transport department says that the car will be here in PDX area between July 30- Aug 3.

I see no traces of that happening.

also I had placed an inventory order yesterday supposed to deliver on July 29th but canceled later as it was 187xxx series vin and didn’t have biodefense weapon mode.

not sure if he got confused with delivery date of canceled order with the original one.
That seems so unlikely...but it would be so awesome if true. Maybe they are playing tricks on us after this quarterly call this afternoon all our EDDS will flip 😂