Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
listening to the tesla Q2 earnings call today, it sounded like they're having a hard time sourcing all the parts needed "even though we don't have as many models and trims as other auto makers" - Quote from Elon.

Unfortunately they may start prioritizing builds they can get out fast with the parts they have.
I 100% think that's why the semi and cybertruck were pushed to next year. If they're having problems scaling batteries it makes sense to push the products requiring zillions of batteries to the right until they can ramp up battery output.

well this is new, checked my order page source this morning and there's a random line of code that contains the first 2 symbols of a vin "5Y" but then it's all gibberish.

anybody ever seen this?

vin.png

Reactions: CGeiser
well this is new, checked my order page source this morning and there's a random line of code that contains the first 2 symbols of a vin "5Y" but then it's all gibberish.

anybody ever seen this?

View attachment 688657
You're getting the fifth gen Model Y that's estimated to be out around 2030. Congrats! As Forrest says, ordering a Model Y is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get!

2022 poses a problem for us in MA... with Right to Repair and a recently passed law. The basics of it are that manufacture has to provide you access to your data and what they collect starting with 2022 models. A friend of mine, father just bought a 2022 Outback... Come to find out he doesn't get all the bells in whistles with their OnStar equivalent and phone control of the car. When he couldn't connect his phone to the car to unlock doors and remote start, he called the dealership and they are oh yeah new MA law for 2022+ models, take it up with the state there is nothing we can do...

This would certainly be a problem for a Tesla and its constant talking to the mothership...

It seems the manufacturers haven't caught up with the new law because all they have to do is provide documentation on what is collected, what it is used for, and how to request access...
Can you please elaborate on the "No access to the OnStar" thing. I am planning on buying a forester for my wife some time end of this year.

anybody ever seen this?

View attachment 688657
It's just a HASHKEY, it's just coincidence that 5Y are next to each other, that's why you need to search for 5YJ, all Tesla VINs start with that.

May 14th order here checking back in. I had to take a break from the forums for a couple weeks to keep my sanity! Last week I checked our EDD and it said "October"...now it shows 8/9 - 8/21. I remember when our SA said we'll probably take delivery by the end of June...smh
My SA said the same thing. Told me in May that the wait was "a couple of weeks". LOL. And now three months later......