Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
October club here too. We’re an early July order, and our SA told us to expect that, so I’m not surprised. But, out of curiosity, those of you who previously got the “September” placeholder, what was the outcome? Did you get a VIN, get your EDD date range back? Maybe this is the wrong thread to ask, because hopefully a lot of those people are happily off driving their cars and not still hanging out in here lol
I was here for the September place holder and was pushed out to September now sitting at October. Thats just us though so I don't know how many others are left but I know a few are still around.

I ordered white with no options on 6/20, just a day before you. Don't second-guess yourself, get what you like. Color doesn't matter very much, you're gonna wait for it anyway.
The EDD for my account went 'October' this morning.
My current vehicle registration expires 8/25. Timing.....FAIL
HA! My current registration expires October 31... My current EDD = October.. Wonder how long i can drive on expired plates ;-)

I can't access my model Y reservation this morning. I get the pinwheel of death when I try to manage my order on the dashboard, then it just reloads the dashboard. I tested the manage tab on the cybertruck order and it still takes me to my order details.
Just curious, what is the EDD on the Cybertruck order? Do they just list an estimated decade?

Someone posted a while back about a web tool you could use that would notify you of changes to your Tesla account page, mostly to let you know when an EDD has been posted or changed. Anyone remember or know which site that was?
It is a Chrome extension - Distill

You can watch the whole page or sections. I have it set up to watch my EDD and the Agreements sections. I also have it send me an email when something has changed. Interestingly enough, I did not get an email when my EDD completely disappeared this morning.

Some of us can only buckle in so long though. If I don’t have it by October I’ll be buckling back in to a BMW…
I understand. My husband was literally trying to get me to go check out ford and VW right before they announced the MY would get bioweapon defense mode. That's been on his wish list of things he hoped we would get so he's content for the moment, and not getting annoyed along with me every time the date shifts. lol

I just went back through the pages from this mornings "EDD Dump".

I didn't see any MYP orders update to an October EDD. Most were MYLR 5, and not all of them did. (ETA: I went off self-reporting and signature blocks, so this is completely unscientific, but I was curious)

I am still unconvinced this isn't some sort of a glitch this morning, Tesla's outward reporting is that they are doing "Ok but not great" on Chips.

(Source: Tesla works with suppliers to source alternative chips for EVs amid semiconductor shortage)

TSMC and Samsung are making them as quick as they can! Hopefully this spurs US chip manufacturers to realize they sat on their laurels for too long and missed the advanced manufacturing boat. Hopefully by the time we transition to 3NM chips they've started modernizing production lines that have been largely neglected the past decade.

For anyone not in the know, 5NM chips are only produced at two factories in the world on a large commercial scale. That plus the massive consumer demand caused by COVID has put most consumer electronic manufacturers in the hurt locker.
This certainly aligns with EDD volatility and SA responses lol. Nice context!

Reactions: Frenchrock
I didn’t get the October push today but I did shift back by +1 on front/ end dates to 8/4-8/14. This has been my trend throughout the entire process.

Imagine my surprise when I got an email from Tesla (after literally 20 refreshes today already) to accept delivery. And just like that, I have the elusive, mythical VIN!!!! 243xxx. And now, my EDD reads 7-9 weeks but I imagine that will update again soon.

Hoping we see a ton of VINs assigned today!

MYP White with White / no FSD/ no tow: Ordered / profile complete on 6/20/21
EDD posted 6/21: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 6/24: July 2 - July 22
EDD updated 6/25: June 27-June 30
EDD updated 6/26: June 28-June 30
EDD updated 6/27: 1-10 weeks
EDD updated 6/28: June 30-July 12
EDD updated 6/29: July 11-July 31
EDD updated 6/30: 6-10 weeks
EDD updated 7/1: July 4- July 24
EDD updated 7/3: July 5- July 24
EDD updated 7/4: July 6- July 24
EDD updated 7/5: July 11- July 24
EDD updated 7/7: July 11- July 31
EDD updated 7/10: July 24- August 14
EDD updated 7/11: July 13- July 31
EDD updated 7/12: July 14- July 31
EDD updated 7/13: July 15- July 31
EDD updated 7/14: July 16-July 31
EDD updated 7/15: August 1 - August 21
EDD updated 7/16: July 18-July 31
EDD updated 7/17: 7-11 weeks
EDD updated 7/18: July 20- August 7
EDD updated 7/19: July 21- August 7
EDD updated 7/20: July 22- August 7
EDD updated 7/21: July 23- August 7
EDD updated 7/22: July 24- August 7
EDD updated 7/23: July 25- August 7
EDD updated 7/24: July 26- August 14
EDD updated 7/25: July 27- August 14
EDD updated 7/26: July 28- August 7
EDD updated 7/27: July 29- August 14
EDD updated 7/28: July 30- August 14
EDD updated 7/29: July 31- August 14
EDD updated 7/30: August 1- August 14
EDD updated 7/31: August 2- August 14
EDD updated 8/1: August 3- August 13
EDD updated 8/2: August 4- August 14
8/2 8:50 PT: blue button and VIN! EDD 7-9 weeks though

Does the Distill.io work if you don't have an EDD? Asking for a friend...

After watching the instructions, it seems you need to choose the area of the website that you want to monitor for a change. But I only had an EDD for 24 hours and not sure where to even look on the webpage.

I just went back through the pages from this mornings "EDD Dump".

I didn't see any MYP orders update to an October EDD. Most were MYLR 5, and not all of them did. (ETA: I went off self-reporting and signature blocks, so this is completely unscientific, but I was curious)

I am still unconvinced this isn't some sort of a glitch this morning, Tesla's outward reporting is that they are doing "Ok but not great" on Chips.

(Source: Tesla works with suppliers to source alternative chips for EVs amid semiconductor shortage)

TSMC and Samsung are making them as quick as they can! Hopefully this spurs US chip manufacturers to realize they sat on their laurels for too long and missed the advanced manufacturing boat. Hopefully by the time we transition to 3NM chips they've started modernizing production lines that have been largely neglected the past decade.

For anyone not in the know, 5NM chips are only produced at two factories in the world on a large commercial scale. That plus the massive consumer demand caused by COVID has put most consumer electronic manufacturers in the hurt locker.
Besides maximizing production at existing semiconductor foundries (factories), unfortunately there really isn't much more that can be done on the supply side. It take about $10B to $20B to build a new foundry, and about 3-5 years of construction time. Long term some of the largest tech companies, like Apple, will be investing in domestic foundries, but short term it's all about waiting it out for demand settling down to steady state at this point. Semiconductor makers also don't usually modernize production lines due to the time/money needed; older foundries of larger/slower chips just keep making them for different customers with different needs. For instance, a consumer PC processor from 2005 is likely very similar to a processor in a washing machine in 2021.

Model Y doesn't even use any chips manufactured using the new 5 nm process, as the shortage is across the entire spectrum, even to the older/slower chips, such as the ones that control a damn lumbar motor switch.

Edit + PS: as a comparison, the current SoC for the driving computer, HW3.0, is a Samsung chip using the 14 nm process, like something Apple used in 2016. At some point Tesla is working to upgrade to a new chip using the 5 nm process, like the iPhone 12 chip from 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajs847