Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this means is that their seating manufacturing line is making a run of one color or another. Assembly is a completely different story. And the orders you see being fulfilled here are a small sample, which might not be representative of the larger population (any statisticians here, please feel free to comment!).

I just don't think there is enough data in our sample to make any inferences about what Tesla is building and fulfilling when. But it is certainly fun to speculate. Makes the wait pass.
Econ/ stats person here. While yes this is a small sample size of people compared to 200k orders (expected) to be delivered this quarter - I look at all the data points and figure +\- 10 days (15-20 may be acceptable too) is enough to round out the standard deviation. Especially now that we have a second tracking sheet, when we get enough data if I’m still here Waiting I’ll run a regression model.

Has anyone considered delaying their delivery in order to get a MY from Texas? I'm most interested in potentially better paint.
  • I believe if you put it on hold, when it's released you go to the bottom of the queue. Is that correct?
  • What happens if you don't pick it up/refuse delivery? Do you go back to the bottom of the queue?
  • I also have a lower price locked in and don't want to have that affected.

Order Placed March 2020
Put on hold March 2020
Released from hold June 2021
EDD 23 Aug - 12 Sept
I’ve seen people take their orders off hold and they literally get a vin a few days to a week later. I think Texas will have some production kinks to work out and I personally wouldn’t want one of their first few productions. Not sure why you think the paint will be better…?

honestly, I'm of two minds about it. either this is a fluke in my specific account a la the October massacre that happened early this week. or... I should just accept that I ordered a month after you guys and thus I will get my car a month after you guys.... and then be surprised and happy if it happens sooner.
That's the right attitude! I am hoping it is a fluke as well and that you get a mid-day update that puts it back into August.

I’ve seen people take their orders off hold and they literally get a vin a few days to a week later. I think Texas will have some production kinks to work out and I personally wouldn’t want one of their first few productions. Not sure why you think the paint will be better…?
I have seen this happening also. Most recent was someone over on reddit.

Haha....had to entertain myself with doing this:

I heard that some people got a 1.24% rate from DCU.org. I checked it out. A CU in MA that allows membership if you sign up for some local org memberships that are cheap to do. So I signed up and tried an auto loan. The 1.99% rate drops by 0.5% if you do direct deposit and another 0.25% if you are getting a car that is >35mpg, getting you to 1.24%. So this basically will cut my interest cost in half. Took me a month or two to hear about this on the forum and figure it out, so if the Tesla was delivered fast it would have cost me more money. Silver lining? I pass this along in case it might save anyone $. Check out the numbers yourself in case things have changed or I typo'd something.
Thank you! I have been checking credit unions and trying to find the best rate. I was also reading some posts about being offered 2.49% from Tesla and emailing [email protected] to requesting farming out to their multiple lenders. Many came back with lower rates, however more recently seems to only come back with 2.49, but it’s worth a shot. Also, Tesla has a best rate guarantee. If you find a better rate on your own and get approved, they should match with certain conditions.

Has anyone considered delaying their delivery in order to get a MY from Texas? I'm most interested in potentially better paint.
  • I believe if you put it on hold, when it's released you go to the bottom of the queue. Is that correct?
  • What happens if you don't pick it up/refuse delivery? Do you go back to the bottom of the queue?
  • I also have a lower price locked in and don't want to have that affected.

Order Placed March 2020
Put on hold March 2020
Released from hold June 2021
EDD 23 Aug - 12 Sept
Huge gamble. I wouldnt.

-No guarantee the LR (if thats what you ordered) will even be produced in TX (there has been some rumors it will be MYP only)
-No guarantee the paint quality or build will be any better ESPECIALLY in the early production runs its actually likely to be worse.

Huge gamble. I wouldnt.

-No guarantee the LR (if thats what you ordered) will even be produced in TX (there has been some rumors it will be MYP only)
-No guarantee the paint quality or build will be any better ESPECIALLY in the early production runs its actually likely to be worse.

As great as the new batteries & castings may be, I want no parts of a first production run Model Y out of TX.