Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In retrospect, I should have explored whether or not I could take delivery in California and then drive back to the Philly area. Seems like it could have shaved a few weeks off of my delivery, and what better way to enjoy a new Tesla than with a cross country road trip?
Don't do it man! CA makes you pay sales tax if you take delivery inside the state!

CA, like MA, is in a small handful of states where regardless of your state of residency, state of vehicle registration, etc., they will apply sales tax if you take delivery of the car inside the state's borders.

Correct. Once you have your payment method set up, and it's asking for insurance information then you are complete (trade in also submitted). If you don't see an EDD yet, then you should expect to soon. If you already see an EDD, then just sit back and be entertained by it's fluctuations and levels of MEANINGLESSNESS!
Thanks! I'm very out of practice because while I was waiting for my S, there were fewer vehicles in the entire world than there are now ordering per month. Possibly per 2 weeks. Bonkers. Things were very different but not much better, to be honest.
So I have seen people say that insurance is not required to complete the profile, and some say that it is required. Just to be on the safe side, I uploaded my current insurance, and will upload the proper insurance once the vin is assigned.
Intersting idea!

Anyone have a good SA? We have a guy named Aaron and he works for the east coast. Trying to get into contact with him is next to impossible. Always out of the office, doesn’t respond to anything. When he does it’s very generic answers. Looking to get some more information about delivery.
Don’t you have enough money to just buy Tesla and be your own SA and just go grab one straight from the assembly line??

Don't do it man! CA makes you pay sales tax if you take delivery inside the state!

CA, like MA, is in a small handful of states where regardless of your state of residency, state of vehicle registration, etc., they will apply sales tax if you take delivery of the car inside the state's borders.

But living in PA I would be able to get the CA tax back when filing my PA taxes and/or registering my car in PA

But living in PA I would be able to get the CA tax back when filing my PA taxes and/or registering my car in PA
Oh nice!! Does PA refund all of the CA sales tax? Meaning if your PA tax burden is $5k, and you paid $9k in CA, do they just give you $5k back or the whole $9k?

If PA tax is higher than CA tax, then I see no problem with taking delivery in Fremont. That'd be a fun trip.