Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh nice!! Does PA refund all of the CA sales tax? Meaning if your PA tax burden is $5k, and you paid $9k in CA, do they just give you $5k back or the whole $9k?

If PA tax is higher than CA tax, then I see no problem with taking delivery in Fremont. That'd be a fun trip.

CA is 7.5% (I believe). PA is 6% statewide, but can be up to 8% depending on which county you live in. Philadelphia, for example, is 8%. Only the PA portion of the CA sales tax would be reimbursed though.

When your reading this thread and an email comes in from Tesmanian but you just see the word Tesla. That gets the blood going.

How about when you look at your phone in the morning and you see an alert that says "Tesla.com" followed by your order number.

Saw that this morning and, since it had my order # I assumed..... until I realized that Siri is was recommending the website that I frequent at a that time each day

Thanks for the insight on delivery dates showing up. The "paperwork" doesn't seem complete yet until insurance info is uploaded, but in PA (and many other states) you can't get proof of insurance until you have VIN.

But after the trade-in offer was pushed through yesterday (after I had to call them to make it happen...) and registration was uploaded, the order seemed "complete." So maybe yesterday is my real trigger date.
Curious what your trade-in offer is. Tesla offered $36.5k for my 2018 LR AWD, Aero's, EAP. I also have acceleration boost, but my guess is no credit for that. There's about 34,000 miles on it. I'm sure I'll need to get a new trade-in value since the offer was accepted almost 30 days ago. Maybe it will go up...

Vroom offered $38.7k. The Tesla offer works out to be better because of the tax reduction in the trade-in. KBB lists trade-in as $41k+.

I lived in Staten Island, NY. Currently i set my delivery at Brooklyn SC. If i change it to Springfield NJ, would that impact my EDD?

Currently my EDD is Aug 27 to Sept 16, order date June 19. Thanks.
SINY. I grew up there. That Verrazano bridge toll is ridiculous. Still remember my parents dragging me with them whenever they had to travel to the real NYC for the return toll carpool.

If I still lived there I would had chosen NJ instead of Brooklyn for my MY pickup.

My stats:
78 days (2.6 mo) between my 5/15 order and getting VIN on 8/1, 96 days (3.2 mo) from order to planned delivery date on 8/19

My thoughts:
1. EDD whiplashing frustration - i suppose we all have to learn to accept rather than get angry with things we don't have control over. This forum has been much cheaper than hiring a therapist to cope with it all :) - thanks to all my therapists here.
2. The long wait time has saved me money. Initial order was thru Tesla financing at a 2.49% rate. Reading posts on the forum, I heard that some people got a 1.24% rate from DCU.org. I checked it out. A CU in MA that allows membership if you sign up for some local org memberships that are cheap to do. So I signed up and tried an auto loan. The 1.99% rate drops by 0.5% if you do direct deposit and another 0.25% if you are getting a car that is >35mpg, getting you to 1.24%. So this basically will cut my interest cost in half. Took me a month or two to hear about this on the forum and figure it out, so if the Tesla was delivered fast it would have cost me more money. Silver lining? I pass this along in case it might save anyone $. Check out the numbers yourself in case things have changed or I typo'd something.
Regarding DCU, I also applied during the long and winding wait. I asked if the checking account had a minimum balance I could carry because I am not sure I want to start banking with them. I was told the direct deposit had to be my entire check, and if they could somehow tell it wasn’t, they would bump the interest rate back up 0.5% immediately. Secondly, for anyone looking at 72 months financing, part of the 1.24% deal is with 65 months is what I was told. I did read somewhere in these forums that the Tesla financing dept could somehow match the rate if you found one lower elsewhere?

Confused a bit on the sales tax benefit with trading in. I'm sure it varies state to state, but does what you owe on the trade come into play in regards to the trade in "credit" as far as taxes go?

For example, I currently owe $51k on my existing vehicle (2020 Ford Raptor). Tesla offered me $65k, Vroom $69,500 and a local dealer $70k. My assumption was my tax reduction if I traded in on the Tesla would be $14k (the difference between the Tesla offer and the loan balance).

But then a lightbulb went off.

I paid sales tax on the entire $68k when I purchased the Raptor. The bank loan has nothing to do with it because as far as the state of PA is concerned, I've already paid sales tax on the entire purchase price. Therefore, if I am trading in my vehicle that has a value of $65k (using Tesla's offer) then it would make sense that since the trade in value is higher than the Tesla purchase price, I would not pay sales tax at delivery.

Always hard to figure out sales tax though, because logic doesn't always apply. Can anyone clarify here?

Side note: Interesting how the Tesla offer is lower than the other offers by the roughly amount that the sales tax would be. Also interesting, and shocking is that I paid $68k for the Raptor 18 months ago and am getting initial offers around $70k