Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! As promised here is my update on the delivery process. So at 12:57 PM I received an email from Tesla saying to accept delivery of my MY. I immediately ordered an Uber and grabbed my all weather mats! LOL Looking back, I should've accepted delivery while I was on the way because you have to do this via your tesla.com account.

That being said, it took some time to log into my account at the supercharger location. I found my car as they had a piece of paper that said "Congratulations Ira Brandon" so I knew it was mine haha. Once I logged in, I had to log out and back into the app (which also took a bit of time). While the car was syncing to my phone, I did an inspection of the exterior and I was unable to find any panel gaps. I noticed a few smudges on the windshield but that was about it. Once I finally got in the car, everything was amazing. There were a few fingerprints and one one smudge in the head liner above the drivers seat.

In the glove box were my temporary plate copy, my temporary registration and my inspection report. In the trunk were my front mount and back frame license plate holders with screws and my mobile adaptor. I didn't have to speak to anyone, I didn't have to sign anything and I drove off. My survey request just arrived today, and I plan on filling it out soon.

I'll let you know when my registration paperwork arrives in the mail and if I have to pay any fees at the time of registration.

I LOVE MY CAR!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 6.21.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 6.21.32 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
Been busy with work and struggling to catch up on this thread...getting crazy on here! I moved to Sep 8 to 28 after the "October" debacle, and have stayed there ever since. 5/15 order, but to MI and to a newly opened Gallery/SC, though not sure if that matters. I was told by the SA (without prompting) that I should see a car *before* September but not really believing that. Seems like due to the extra difficult logistics for delivery in MI I should have a VIN by now if that is the case. Was feeling fatalistic about it but seeing so many get VINs (yes, even the ones who ordered after me) does in fact give me hope. Though I won't deny stalking the EV-TSLA.com page, too...
I have a 5/15 order as well, EDD went to 09/13-09/30 today, after being in late August yesterday :/ hopefully we do get our cars soon!

Something to consider is not only does your order depend on your car specifications, which MYLR is obviously one of the most popular, hence why Performance has a sooner delivery time. However it also has a lot to do with your location. For example, each Tesla location has some sort of regular delivery of new vehicles based on demand. This is why it’s possible for a June order of the same car to one location may be delivered before a May order in another location. If one location has a larger demand, they are going to work on fulfilling the sooner orders in that location. I have no more insight into Tesla’s insane logistics than any of you do, but I do think location and number of orders placed at that location are a bigger deal than some might think.

Hello all! As promised here is my update on the delivery process. So at 12:57 PM I received an email from Tesla saying to accept delivery of my MY. I immediately ordered an Uber and grabbed my all weather mats! LOL Looking back, I should've accepted delivery while I was on the way because you have to do this via your tesla.com account.

That being said, it took some time to log into my account at the supercharger location. I found my car as they had a piece of paper that said "Congratulations Ira Brandon" so I knew it was mine haha. Once I logged in, I had to log out and back into the app (which also took a bit of time). While the car was syncing to my phone, I did an inspection of the exterior and I was unable to find any panel gaps. I noticed a few smudges on the windshield but that was about it. Once I finally got in the car, everything was amazing. There were a few fingerprints and one one smudge in the head liner above the drivers seat.

In the glove box were my temporary plate copy, my temporary registration and my inspection report. In the trunk were my front mount and back frame license plate holders with screws and my mobile adaptor. I didn't have to speak to anyone, I didn't have to sign anything and I drove off. My survey request just arrived today, and I plan on filling it out soon.

I'll let you know when my registration paperwork arrives in the mail and if I have to pay any fees at the time of registration.

I LOVE MY CAR!
Congrats! So, your MY delivery is at a supercharger location and not at SC? Interesting!

• Love
Reactions: iratre

I LOVE MY CAR!
Amazing! Thanks for the update I was starting to worry you weren’t coming back 🥺

did you pick up at the domain location?

edit: nvm I noticed the Hollywood feed behind you. You were at the Arboretum!

I LOVE MY CAR!
wow man that is so nice and am sure it's not just me but we are all super happy for you!! And maybe a little envious too ;)

Something to consider is not only does your order depend on your car specifications, which MYLR is obviously one of the most popular, hence why Performance has a sooner delivery time. However it also has a lot to do with your location. For example, each Tesla location has some sort of regular delivery of new vehicles based on demand. This is why it’s possible for a June order of the same car to one location may be delivered before a May order in another location. If one location has a larger demand, they are going to work on fulfilling the sooner orders in that location. I have no more insight into Tesla’s insane logistics than any of you do, but I do think location and number of orders placed at that location are a bigger deal than some might think.
This is not the way my Tesla dealer explained the process. There are no regular deliveries. All the logistics are planned and optimized at the plant based on orders received, hence why on-location SAs seem to be less than helpful.

Anyone with ability to get me DCU referral could you please DM me for name and email. Would greatly appreciate it.
I just finalized my auto loan with DCU today. Not aware that there is any referral needed or available. You just go to www.DCU.org and sign up for a membership. After you are a member, you can apply for the auto loan online. The Tesla will get you a 0.25% discount, & a monthly direct deposit will get you a 0.5% discount, thus getting to 1.24% at max 65mo if your credit qualifies for the best rate. At least that was my experience. Joe

• Helpful
Reactions: PhillyGal
My MY ordered 19 May had a 26 June- 30 June 11 on 1 June. Since then, the dates have shifted right pretty much day for day. Now, 22 Aug-5 Sept. So at this rate, on 5 Sept, my EDD will be around 5 Oct. Question, since I am not desperate to get the car, would it make sense to hold delivery until Jan and maybe get the new battery with no price change to my original contract?
It is my understanding if they make a dramatic enough change to the vehicle (4680 batteries for example) they could null your current order. I could be way off though. I'm one of those don't care about tax incentive and don't want a first model year out of Texas so give me my dang car people.

Ok breakdown!
My SA added me to a declined car list on the local level for a White car, with blk induction, and blk Interior, that will cost me $500 more than my car is right now. But I could possibly get it sooner than Factory. She said she sees my car arriving at THE END of September. I ordered May 28th. With that being said I will have waited about 120 Days if it arrives Sept 22nd.
And that's funny because my SA told me today that she has no idea - but my car will be here before the 12th week since I ordered and it said, "8-12 weeks.." I think I'm going to cancel the MYLR and just keep the MYP order.