Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some info to share in case it helps.

I called the delivery center because I couldn't remember when my financing expired (8/29, btw). She was very nice and helpful and went so far as to tell me when and how she thinks the VIN would arrive. She said it would likely come during my EDD range (via email for those with Tesla lending) and that they try and prioritize anyone with Tesla lending with expiration dates coming up. She didn't clarify that was a common practice but it sure sounded like the routine the way she explained it. The order is an email and update to the account and then a couple of days later they call to schedule delivery.

So, I am curious if others happen to have expiration dates within their EDD range. If so, maybe there is some logic to it being a factor in getting VIN's and deliveries?

Also, if financing does expire she said they call to get permission and then do a soft credit check and receive the same terms (rate) as long as no major change in personal finance has occurred like no new big loans/balances. The obvious stuff....but thought I would mention it anyway.
how many days is the financing thru tesla? before it expires?

Did he give you any insight on yours? I ordered the same day as you, similar config and I’m picking up at Smithtown.

My EDD is currently Sept 6-26
He said this is a pattern he is seeing and currently looks like Late may/ June orders are being filled for mid/end of August..he also said things might change(like someone cancelling their delivery etc) but I am not keeping my hopes high

A month into my "wait", I was July 28-August 18. That is 41-61 days from then. My current EDD, nearly two months later, is August 9-27. I've had EDDs that were in June and July too. I am currently looking at trends, my 10-day moving average is slowly reducing and is now below 5 days for the first time. Maybe my MYLR is coming soon at least statistically speaking.
I ordered 19 May. Current EDD is 22 Aug-07 Sept. The EDD slips day for day so at this rate, I'll never get closer to delivery than 3-4 weeks. 78 days and counting.

Some info to share in case it helps.

I called the delivery center because I couldn't remember when my financing expired (8/29, btw). She was very nice and helpful and went so far as to tell me when and how she thinks the VIN would arrive. She said it would likely come during my EDD range (via email for those with Tesla lending) and that they try and prioritize anyone with Tesla lending with expiration dates coming up. She didn't clarify that was a common practice but it sure sounded like the routine the way she explained it. The order is an email and update to the account and then a couple of days later they call to schedule delivery.

So, I am curious if others happen to have expiration dates within their EDD range. If so, maybe there is some logic to it being a factor in getting VIN's and deliveries?

Also, if financing does expire she said they call to get permission and then do a soft credit check and receive the same terms (rate) as long as no major change in personal finance has occurred like no new big loans/balances. The obvious stuff....but thought I would mention it anyway.
Mine was a 60 day lock and expires Aug 30th, most recent EDD (yesterday) before I lost dates was Sept 3 - 23

potter287, what is your EDD?

We are also Austin delivery with no financing. EDD is currently Aug 20 - Sep 9. I've been talking with our SA quite a bit trying to get an idea of how much notification we will have as we need to arrange to be in town. In his experience there is typically 1 to 1.5 weeks from VIN to delivery, but he has also seen situations with minimal delay between VIN and delivery date. His answer is that financing does not affect delivery prioritization; though my guess is that the SAs don't actually have all that much insight.

Reactions: NickFie