Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone tell me how the financing payment works when you are doing your own financing through a credit union? Does Tesla work with your lender to obtain the loan or do you have to get a check from the lender to provide to Tesla? Not sure if a check is the only option or if there is way to have your lender and Tesla work it out electronically before delivery?

Can anyone tell me how the financing payment works when you are doing your own financing through a credit union? Does Tesla work with your lender to obtain the loan or do you have to get a check from the lender to provide to Tesla? Not sure if a check is the only option or if there is way to have your lender and Tesla work it out electronically before delivery?
Depends on which credit union it is. DCU can work with Tesla. But you have to get your loan approved and your check sent to Tesla before delivery date. For your own financing, my recommendation would be to ask the credit union to send the check to you before delivery date. Then you can take the check and inspect the car before handing it over to Tesla. Always pay only after inspecting unless you are in some states where payment is required before delivery day.

Depends on which credit union it is. DCU can work with Tesla. But you have to get your loan approved and your check sent to Tesla before delivery date. For your own financing, my recommendation would be to ask the credit union to send the check to you before delivery date. Then you can take the check and inspect the car before handing it over to Tesla. Always pay only after inspecting unless you are in some states where payment is required before delivery day.
I like the idea of paying after inspecting the car but how does that work with Tesla preferring ACH payment? I’m not financing.

Since it is looking like many (including me) will soon be dealing with financing expiration - What are everyone's rates and where?

There used to be a Tesla financing spreadsheet a couple years ago, but looks like it's not used anymore
The lowest I could find was 1.24% at DCU x 65mo and I was happy to take that. A direct deposit into a DCU account was required, but that was OK with me.

What was your EDD before you got the VIN? Congrats!!!

It was Aug 20-Sept 5 until yesterday morning when it shifted to Sept 01 -Sept 21. Then last night I got an email my final balance was due, and checked to see that the blue button was there, and then got my VIN.
You felt it was a ride for just 7 weeks?
There was also the ride for what NJ was going to do with their EV credits, which was why I delayed delivery (and I missed out on anyway). I got on the EDD ride late...

Been busy with work and struggling to catch up on this thread...getting crazy on here! I moved to Sep 8 to 28 after the "October" debacle, and have stayed there ever since. 5/15 order, but to MI and to a newly opened Gallery/SC, though not sure if that matters. I was told by the SA (without prompting) that I should see a car *before* September but not really believing that. Seems like due to the extra difficult logistics for delivery in MI I should have a VIN by now if that is the case. Was feeling fatalistic about it but seeing so many get VINs (yes, even the ones who ordered after me) does in fact give me hope. Though I won't deny stalking the EV-TSLA.com page, too...
OK, I have to eat my own words here...my SA was in fact correct that I would see a VIN and (hopefully) see a car prior to September...trying not to jinx myself as I won't believe I'm really getting the car until my butt is in the seat. However, since my EDD at the time was so out of line with getting my VIN last night, I wonder if my car was in production when they spoke to me last, and if at that point they *do* see more than we can. Anyone here know how precisely the production date is listed?