Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
I was up for a replacement for my car. Wife got a Merc GLE 4yrs ago, paid it off in May of this year. We were planning to wait a year before getting my replacement car. But with this crazy used car market and likely 1.5yrs before it even is remotely normal waiting a year +, would wipe out the value on my truck. It would be over 10yrs old and have 200K+ on it...

I had been talking about the potential of a Tesla for a few months already. I knew an EV would be in my stable of cars and given the market, buying a Tesla new was a better choice vs some of the other cars I was considering. But my wife wouldn't even look at one... Showed no interest and why I would want an electric car...

She went on a trip to California for a wedding in May, she happened to be in a mall that had a Tesla place... She actually spent 45mins there I guess, looking at the cars with her sister. She sent me a picture of her purse in the back of a MY and said guess what I am looking at... I knew it was an MY because I had watched so many vids...

She got home, I ran some numbers, that weekend we test drove and ordered me a MY... Plan to trade in my truck when it showed up in August... 2012 Tundra 175k, king cab, loaded, well maintained... Well mid-June I decided to post it for sale to see if I'd get any bites... Two days later I sold my truck for 3k more than Tesla or any other place for that matter would give me for a trade... I have a couple of weekend toys, been driving them since. They lose their fun when you drive them every day... But alas anything else I'd get instead of the Tesla would be way overpriced in today's market and not a worthwhile investment... I historically put my toys into storage the 1st weekend of November, so that really is a drop-dead, have to have a car date for me...

So I wait and hopefully not too much longer...

In hindsight, I should have kept my truck, but I was optimistic about delivery...

As there isn't much activity or changes today. Let's see if we can have some conversation. Please reply to this and state why you are waiting so much for your car. It could be that you don't have a car and need one now. Or it could just be that, I bought it and I want it and it's okay and feel free to state that.

My reason. I wasn't in a hurry before. I ordered on June 3 and wasn't active that much and used to check EDD rarely. I had 2 cars and was planning to replace one of them. Got a good price for my car and sold it to CarMax. I was able to live with one car as we work from home most of the time and me and wife don't need to commute on same day. Unfortunately it got rear ended on June 18th by a FREAKING girl who was on her phone and going 85 on a 55. Her insurance provided me a rental car but I took to my preferred body shop so the insurance is giving me hard time in extending rental and only give one or two day extensions only citing that the body shop isn't sending information fast. Having a hard time trying to talk to both body shop and insurance and keeping my rental. I'm just vexed and want my tesla so I don't need to deal with these.
Me and my wife went in just to test drive to see what the hype was about. Test drove a M3 and she says, "It's hard to get in to, I like my SUV (Traverse)". SA says, "Hey I have a MY you can test right now.". I say, "How much more is that?" and when he tells me I say, "Hell Naw!!". But it's a free test drive so what the heck. Second test drive I push it to see what it can do and wow I was impressed. Get back and wife says "I want it". So during the wait, my son totals his car and now he's using my 19 Silverado which is my baby, and my 16 yo daughter says it's her truck next year. Luckily I have a work vehicle so it's not an issue but it is because I don't want him to total my truck but he needs to get to work and school.

Fast forward we were just going with the flow waiting till September delivery until at a family gathering wifey tells family she's getting a Tesla and one of her cousin's is all in the conversation and knows more about it than we do. Then he mentions the FSD feature and my father in law asks if I got her that option. "Hell Naw she can drive herself around town!!!" We laugh and later that night he asks if I was sure about not getting her the FSD feature and I say I am sure as rain in Seattle. Then he slips me a check for $10k and I look at him like, "What you talkin' bout Willis??!!" Then the mother in law chimes in. Mind you my wife is Hispanic so her parents are all Tex Mex lingo and cuss words being tossed around and me with my limited Spanish abilities only understanding the cuss words, father in law in Spanish says, "It's my Fu*&*ing money I'll do what I want to do with it!!" Me not wanting to get in the middle of that Chingasos, I deposited the money.

So now here I am scrambling to sell her SUV to Carvana because they are offering more than anyone else and trying to get the 240 volt power run to my garage because a black cat has more luck than me, that is going to be a major project especially when my SA says delivery is expected on August 18th when for the past few months it showed delivery mid to end of September.

So I want our MY LR now but also don't want it now because of the logistics of getting everything ready.

Back to October too.

I'm jealous of all who are still remote. I had to start coming in twice a week in July and the entire neighborhood surrounding my building is an active construction zone and we don't have dedicated parking while they build us a garage. In the mean time I park, literally, on piles of rocks, glass, potholes, trash and broken concrete/asphalt. And I can't see my car from my window like I used to pre-pandemic because the construction took those options away. Right now my Model 3 is sort of a "beater" because it's 3.5 years old, rattles to all hell, and got curb rash at 2 weeks old due to snow. So driving a brand new Model Y to park in these conditions is really making me nervous. Do I bring the 6.5 year old S that's still damn near flawless? The MY is meant to be my daily driver and the S is bigger than I prefer. Sigh...
What field of work are you in? I never thought, in a million years as an active duty officer in the USAF, that I'd EVER work from home. But here we are, in month 17, mostly working from home besides specific training & duty events. We were just easing back into the office when Delta Variant hit, and now it's a step backward again. Granted my unit is chock full of civilians, contractors, and we work closely with industry on many projects.

To answer the question posed by @Hangover which is this car is primarily for my spouse as her daily driver, and used as our weekend car, fun trip car, etc. Some on here have heard my story before, which is we've been a successful single-car family for 5+ years now, living in LA and now Boston area, supplementing as needed with a Vespa in LA, and e-bike in Boston. Wouldn't say it's easy, but actually a fun challenge, quite doable for folks who are relatively healthy/fit and can ride safely and defensively in traffic. But with spouse going back to school in early 2022, and what I'm assuming will be in-office work for me at some point, that's our soft deadline for the Model Y order. I won't be super upset if it's late, because we've saved so much money driving only one car ('15 Prius) and I'm not against borrowing a car for a short time from friends nearby.

Reactions: Hangover
i just finished a chat session with Tesla. i asked when my build date was and if my MYP will be equipped with bio-defense mode. i was told, "i cant see this info, but your SA will be able to see this information. i will have them call you when they get in today." anyone want to take bets on whether i get a call today? remember, i have had to show up on site for all updates and setting delivery.....
All Ys built after 7/1 have bio-defense. If your VIN is higher than 225xxx, then you'll have it. There were a bunch of people discussing this a month ago and were able to determine the dates (built after July 1) and the lowest reported VIN series with it.

Good luck!

Back to October too.

I'm jealous of all who are still remote. I had to start coming in twice a week in July and the entire neighborhood surrounding my building is an active construction zone and we don't have dedicated parking while they build us a garage. In the mean time I park, literally, on piles of rocks, glass, potholes, trash and broken concrete/asphalt. And I can't see my car from my window like I used to pre-pandemic because the construction took those options away. Right now my Model 3 is sort of a "beater" because it's 3.5 years old, rattles to all hell, and got curb rash at 2 weeks old due to snow. So driving a brand new Model Y to park in these conditions is really making me nervous. Do I bring the 6.5 year old S that's still damn near flawless? The MY is meant to be my daily driver and the S is bigger than I prefer. Sigh...
Now this sounds like the Philly I knew and loved. You haven't lived until you've had to park on a curb so you don't worry about the other cars squeezing by all night ramming you, but then get a ticket anyway for parking on the curb. Rim rash? More like rim hives.

Btw, @potter287 and other Austin folks, have you looked into getting PPF? I inquired at a few places (for xpel stealth) and have been getting quotes in the range of 7500-8500$. Is that usual?
Holy schnikes! I haven’t inquired yet so I can’t really help here. But I’m going to go out on a limb as say yes? If that’s the range from reputable places.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Hello a thank you for choosing Tesla!
This is Carlos speaking my i have your reservation number please?
Blah Blah Blah

Ok how may I help you?
Blah Blah Blah

Oh yes your car will arrive in 2 weeks, but its going to feel like 6 months by the time we are done lying to you! :)

Ummmm, okkkkk. Well thanks for your help!

Is there anything else i can assist you with?

No thats it.

Well again thank you for choosing Tesla, where we use zero vasoline. Have a great day!

Me and my wife went in just to test drive to see what the hype was about. Test drove a M3 and she says, "It's hard to get in to, I like my SUV (Traverse)". SA says, "Hey I have a MY you can test right now.". I say, "How much more is that?" and when he tells me I say, "Hell Naw!!". But it's a free test drive so what the heck. Second test drive I push it to see what it can do and wow I was impressed. Get back and wife says "I want it". So during the wait, my son totals his car and now he's using my 19 Silverado which is my baby, and my 16 yo daughter says it's her truck next year. Luckily I have a work vehicle so it's not an issue but it is because I don't want him to total my truck but he needs to get to work and school.

Fast forward we were just going with the flow waiting till September delivery until at a family gathering wifey tells family she's getting a Tesla and one of her cousin's is all in the conversation and knows more about it than we do. Then he mentions the FSD feature and my father in law asks if I got her that option. "Hell Naw she can drive herself around town!!!" We laugh and later that night he asks if I was sure about not getting her the FSD feature and I say I am sure as rain in Seattle. Then he slips me a check for $10k and I look at him like, "What you talkin' bout Willis??!!" Then the mother in law chimes in. Mind you my wife is Hispanic so her parents are all Tex Mex lingo and cuss words being tossed around and me with my limited Spanish abilities only understanding the cuss words, father in law in Spanish says, "It's my Fu*&*ing money I'll do what I want to do with it!!" Me not wanting to get in the middle of that Chingasos, I deposited the money.

So now here I am scrambling to sell her SUV to Carvana because they are offering more than anyone else and trying to get the 240 volt power run to my garage because a black cat has more luck than me, that is going to be a major project especially when my SA says delivery is expected on August 18th when for the past few months it showed delivery mid to end of September.

So I want our MY LR now but also don't want it now because of the logistics of getting everything ready.
That's awesome - no chingasos!! I married into a hispanic family too.

Side note - the guy just did my plug - I can PM you his information if you're interested. Super easy - licensed electrician and he works for SpaceX on the weekends in Brownsville.

How much you want to bet. If they don't fix this problem they have, I will not buy another one. It is a car, it doesn't need to be a Tesla. If they can't handle the ordering process with the demand, how will they deal with the charging network demand, how will they hand service center demand?

I know a *sugar* storm is happening for Tesla right now, that's why I haven't walked yet. But if they go through this and nothing changes....the relationship between Tesla and I will not work. I have been driving $1000 cars for the majority of my life, this car is a treat to myself for all the hard work that I have done. When it comes to electric cars, yes Tesla has an edge, but there are other cars that offer the 200+ range, I don't care about the acceleration. Tesla's value is the charging network, and I can now get that with another car.

So we can agree to disagree, I have done my research for the last 4 years, the difference is that I also know that it is just a car and other companies will catch them, from the car and range aspect. Maybe not today but in a few years. I don't need a car that has 500 miles of range, no one does. In my opinion is that Tesla is starting to focus on the wrong aspects to gain mass adoption.
Sorry I wanted to add a little more.

I am not trying to be negative. I think what Tesla has done is amazing, they completely rethought about the how the electric car should be. They first focused on the network as they built this insanely great car. They succeeded because they fixed the issue people had with electric cars, range and charging. Then they built a car that gets better as you drive it. They transformed the auto industry for the better, hands down. They are the only reason why there are more than 2 electric cars on the road. They are the only reason why now all cars have the tech they do, driver assistance, OTA updates.

I am being hypercritical. I just think that Tesla is entering a different ball game. They are becoming mainstream, and I always seen Tesla as a leader. I just think they aren't focusing on the important parts that would continue to set them apart from all the others.

I don't think enough people are paying attention to the charging network issue. Tesla sales are skyrocketing AND they're going to open up Superchargers. In the city of Chicago, there's basically two Supercharging stations that are somewhat-easily accessible, and there's like two other ones in the whole metro area. Unless they have active plans to increase the network by like 10x, charging is going to be a miserable experience.

Resident old head here. You all are only the latest in a long line of Tesla owners and enthusiasts to claim that the company would/will go under, fail, lose customers, be beat by competitors, etc... if they don't improve on service, communication and OHMYGODTHECHARGERSARETOOCROWDED.

I understand your frustrations, believe me I do. Especially with service which makes me crazy. But please understand that it doesn't matter. Tesla will continue to grow because their product is simply the best. We'll continue to deal with the headaches to drive the best car. By the time anyone comes close with a car, Tesla will be years ahead.

But also, please note that Model S owners didn't want to share the charging networks with soccer moms in their Xs or the way-too-popular Model 3s. There was shock and outrage and worry that never materialized. The charging network has grown and continues to grow. In 7 years and over 250 chargers, I have had to wait exactly once. I know California is a different animal but just like traffic, we know when to expect delays and when not to.

For me, I have usually stayed current with technology (hence the experimental airplane in profile pic). I normally use the plane to commute to work but when the weather is bad or I am having maintenance performed, then I drive to work (5.5 hours each way). Of course, I don't travel for work much right now so I wasn't planning on even looking at buying a Tesla. UNTIL my brother moved from Dallas to the DC area and was looking at shipping his Model X out there. I was in the mood for an adventure and offered to drive it out there to him to deliver it. Total time on the road was 30 hours and we had a blast (one kid and my wife went with). It was a very relaxing drive with the stops for charging. I was hooked and ordered an MYP as soon as we got back home to Dallas.

I am not trying to be negative. I think what Tesla has done is amazing, they completely rethought about the how the electric car should be. They first focused on the network as they built this insanely great car. They succeeded because they fixed the issue people had with electric cars, range and charging. Then they built a car that gets better as you drive it. They transformed the auto industry for the better, hands down. They are the only reason why there are more than 2 electric cars on the road. They are the only reason why now all cars have the tech they do, driver assistance, OTA updates.

I am being hypercritical. I just think that Tesla is entering a different ball game. They are becoming mainstream, and I always seen Tesla as a leader. I just think they aren't focusing on the important parts that would continue to set them apart from all the others.
I completely agree with you. To get to the mainstream consumer - they are going to have to step their game up. In a year or two you are going to be able to show up at a BMW dealer, a Mercedes Dealer, a VW dealer, a FORD DEALER - and walk away with any EV that you want. Tesla will always hold on to their fans because they know the experience, but like Apple to Android - the average consumer that doesn't have $55k+ to spend won't order a car and wait 6-131 weeks.

What field of work are you in? I never thought, in a million years as an active duty officer in the USAF, that I'd EVER work from home.
My job can be done remotely, 95% of the time. It's a long story why we're being forced back in... but it's not based in logic.
Now this sounds like the Philly I knew and loved. You haven't lived until you've had to park on a curb so you don't worry about the other cars squeezing by all night ramming you, but then get a ticket anyway for parking on the curb. Rim rash? More like rim hives.
Heehee... The rim rash was my husband moving my car to shovel snow and the snow buried the curb. He's not usually one to bump a car in any way. But it hurt because at that moment (Feb 2018) there were like 6,000 Model 3s in the whole world.

You're not wrong! Everything you're saying is reasonable and valid. It's just been repeated by other reasonable people with valid points for years now and doesn't seem to ever impact demand.

Does anyone have a generic "November" EDD? I ordered on 7/22 when the order page said "October," then had no EDD for a few days. My SA said October was accurate. Then, I got an EDD of Sept. 19-30 for a hot second. Then that vanished. Now I'm going back and forth between nothing and "December." I've noticed those with order dates on 7/21 or earlier in July are getting generic "October" EDDs, and those with 7/22 or later are showing "December."

What happened to November?