Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Holy schnikes! I haven’t inquired yet so I can’t really help here. But I’m going to go out on a limb as say yes? If that’s the range from reputable places.
I'm in Southern California so prices are going to be high, but my findings line up with yours. A full PPF wrap will typically run >$5000. But I personally have not done it.

Welcome to the crazies room!

EDD means absolutely nothing. In here we have all gone mad! You're gonna like it here! We make you happy all day.

Glad to see you posting some more GIFs today, seems like you're doing a bit better compared to last week hopefully. :)

Compare these two. Tesla MY vs BMW x3M, the Tesla still costs more, when you add the black paint and 20" rims to match the BMW x3M.
As others have pointed out, price is not indicative of luxury or not. Early Maserati Ghiblis were expensive but I definitely did not consider them luxury after sitting in one. Comparing the MY and M3 with my old BMW 3 and the new BMW 5 (granted they're not exactly the same type of car), the BMWs definitely feel a bit more luxurious compared to the MY/M3. The build quality of the BMW 5 series just feels like they paid attention to build whereas the MY/M3 cars are definitely a bit more spartan.

The steering wheel is pretty average, nothing special about it to be honest. The main tablet display is also nice, I could consider that "higher end". The interior trim, door handles, passenger lights, etc. on the MY/M3 is all pretty average. Maybe the wood trim of the black interior might be considered higher end?

That said, I'm excitedly awaiting my MY.

I'm in Southern California so prices are going to be high, but my findings line up with yours. A full PPF wrap will typically run >$5000. But I personally have not done it.

Glad to see you posting some more GIFs today, seems like you're doing a bit better compared to last week hopefully. :)

As others have pointed out, price is not indicative of luxury or not. Early Maserati Ghiblis were expensive but I definitely did not consider them luxury after sitting in one. Comparing the MY and M3 with my old BMW 3 and the new BMW 5 (granted they're not exactly the same type of car), the BMWs definitely feel a bit more luxurious compared to the MY/M3. The build quality of the BMW 5 series just feels like they paid attention to build whereas the MY/M3 cars are definitely a bit more spartan.

The steering wheel is pretty average, nothing special about it to be honest. The main tablet display is also nice, I could consider that "higher end". The interior trim, door handles, passenger lights, etc. on the MY/M3 is all pretty average. Maybe the wood trim of the black interior might be considered higher end?

That said, I'm excitedly awaiting my MY.
You have no idea, i took myself on vacation this weekend, i cant remember most of it.....lol.....its was what i needed. I get away.

I just found out Tesla is not luxury. It's "Premium" like mazda and toyota.

We'll start by saying that many people, including those on the Tesla team, don't consider its cars luxury vehicles, but that's not the point here.

Tesla calls its cars "premium," since they're more expensive than most competing vehicles and arguably more "premium" than many mainstream, non-luxury cars. Nonetheless, Tesla's cars are lumped into the luxury category by automotive reviewing websites, as well as almost all automotive rankings and awards.

Despite the fact that Tesla's cars aren't nearly as nice inside as cars made by German luxury brands, Tesla is making big waves in the segment on our shores. In fact, Tesla just passed Audi as the fourth-largest luxury car brand in the U.S. based on 2020 registration data. While Tesla is still behind the top three luxury automakers in the States, it doesn't have too far to go to catch up and surpass its rivals.

Tesla registered about 200,500 cars in the U.S. in 2020. Meanwhile, Audi registered about 183,600. In 2019, Audi registered nearly 50,000 more vehicles in the U.S. than Tesla.
I never considered Toyota as premium. Sure, they sell the Land Cruiser. Their premium/luxury is Lexus.

Acura and Infiniti are both more premium than luxury. Acura is trying to move toward luxury with their new MDX, which I’m sure will sell.

Mazda is more upscale compared to Toyota and Honda because of their interior quality but it’s still not premium. They provide the same level of service as the other mainstream makes. My wife’s CX-5 has dual laminated glass for the front windows. No exposed metal on the inner door frames. Rubber gaskets between where the front door meets the rear doors. There are also some other little details that just screams quality. The main competitors, CRV and RAV4, do not have this

BMW came out with the 2 series, X1, X2 to attract younger buyers who wants a little more luxury compared to Acura, Lexus, Infiniti. These are fwd based cars. Starting price is low but checking those option boxes and the price starts going into the 3 series and X3 territory. They also hope that when these buyers decide to upgrade, they will consider the 3,4,5 and their X siblings. Merc does the same with the A class, B class, and their GL siblings.

Price != Luxury
Luxury = quality of service provided, quality of materials used

Btw, @potter287 and other Austin folks, have you looked into getting PPF? I inquired at a few places (for xpel stealth) and have been getting quotes in the range of 7500-8500$. Is that usual?

Holy schnikes! I haven’t inquired yet so I can’t really help here. But I’m going to go out on a limb as say yes? If that’s the range from reputable places.

Hey another Austinite (26 years) over here and ordered from the Domain. I have done some shopping for the hood, bumper and rear rocker (bottom part of door panels). From what I have researched, I think that is all you really need to do vs the full body. It seems like the price is between $2200-$2600.

I have checked with the following places:
Xpel Austin (Mention you have a Tesla and they give you a little discount)
Austin Detailing (Premium Shiled)
Authentic Details (XPEL)

Haven't talked to these people yet:
Refined PPF (Premium Shield)
Auto Detail Pros (XPEL)
Pristine Auto Detailing (XPEL)
Shade Shop (XPEL)
TX Tint (XPEL)
Xtreme Auto Detail (XPEL)
Atx Auto Spa
Ai Autoworks (Pricing looks attractive)
BeSpoke
Sunbusters (Suntek PPF)
ProReflection

The first 3 seem to be the most well known in Austin but probably are the most expensive. There are some smaller players in the Austin area that I wouldn't mind getting quotes from as well in the second list. Please feel free to share if you find any great deals. I definitely want to get this done immediately after taking delivery.

Reactions: Arkheem
Hey another Austinite (26 years) over here and ordered from the Domain. I have done some shopping for the hood, bumper and rear rocker (bottom part of door panels). From what I have researched, I think that is all you really need to do vs the full body. It seems like the price is between $2200-$2600.

I have checked with the following places:
Xpel Austin (Mention you have a Tesla and they give you a little discount)
Austin Detailing (Premium Shiled)
Authentic Details (XPEL)

Haven't talked to these people yet:
Refined PPF (Premium Shield)
Auto Detail Pros (XPEL)
Pristine Auto Detailing (XPEL)
Shade Shop (XPEL)
TX Tint (XPEL)
Xtreme Auto Detail (XPEL)
Atx Auto Spa
Ai Autoworks (Pricing looks attractive)
BeSpoke
Sunbusters (Suntek PPF)
ProReflection

The first 3 seem to be the most well known in Austin but probably are the most expensive. There are some smaller players in the Austin area that I wouldn't mind getting quotes from as well in the second list. Please feel free to share if you find any great deals. I definitely want to get this done immediately after taking delivery.
Thanks! I'll try and give some a call. My quote from Xpel Austin and Pristine Auto Detailing was 8500, Authentic Details was 7500. I'll call around and see if I can get a lower quote. I am just getting a quote for full body xpel stealth (love the look), however, I am also not going to go with it if its going to be more than 5K, since this is not a hard requirement for me, and is purely cosmetic (stealth xpl, not PPF).

Thanks! I'll try and give some a call. My quote from Xpel Austin and Pristine Auto Detailing was 8500, Authentic Details was 7500. I'll call around and see if I can get a lower quote. I am just getting a quote for full body xpel stealth (love the look), however, I am also not going to go with it if its going to be more than 5K, since this is not a hard requirement for me, and is purely cosmetic (stealth xpl, not PPF).
I see. Does the stealth xpel give the car a matte finish? I am guessing that's why you need the entire car wrapped.