Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6/8 MYLR CO order. After seeing the october update and hitting the 62 day period I called an SA to switch me to cash instead of finance. He did mention it looks like September for my order. That'll be in line with the 9-13 weeks 8/10 to 9/7). Its been a painful wait.
Dev,

That's true waiting is painful. Even I am waiting for 5/29 MYLR CO(Cash price) still no vin and Even calling SA or visiting the showroom is not even helpful.

Harry

We have ourselves a VIN!
original order date was may 25th
Changed it to a 7 seater mid June
Expected delivery is now 08/19-08/25
THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER
congrats! thats almost the same config as mine! Hopefully this means black /black 5 seaters with the 20's start showing vin's!

@CSTARZZ we got a black on black!

Got 2 quotes - the higher quote included it saying it is a must.
The lower quote said not needed but the cost to add it is higher than corresponding cost from quote 1, making the 2 costs the same with permit pulled. So confused.
I think that since one of them told you they would need to pull a permit that is probably how it is 'supposed' to be done and the other one is choosing to not go through the hassle. I think as a homeowner you have to decide what kind of risk you are willing to take. If they are the same price go with the one who will run the permit so everything is legit. If you can find cheaper you have to decide for yourself. I got a quote for like 5k with permits and when I said that was probably more than its worth to me (was considering trickle charging) he suggested just finding a guy at home depot or doing it yourself for cheap even if its not technically up to 'code'. I appreciated his honesty and suggestion. I decided to do it myself with an existing 30amp breaker. (so 14-30 outlet). You just have to weigh the risks .

Reactions: Maliks
Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 4.19.28 PM.png

What field of work are you in? I never thought, in a million years as an active duty officer in the USAF, that I'd EVER work from home. But here we are, in month 17, mostly working from home besides specific training & duty events. We were just easing back into the office when Delta Variant hit, and now it's a step backward again. Granted my unit is chock full of civilians, contractors, and we work closely with industry on many projects.

To answer the question posed by @Hangover which is this car is primarily for my spouse as her daily driver, and used as our weekend car, fun trip car, etc. Some on here have heard my story before, which is we've been a successful single-car family for 5+ years now, living in LA and now Boston area, supplementing as needed with a Vespa in LA, and e-bike in Boston. Wouldn't say it's easy, but actually a fun challenge, quite doable for folks who are relatively healthy/fit and can ride safely and defensively in traffic. But with spouse going back to school in early 2022, and what I'm assuming will be in-office work for me at some point, that's our soft deadline for the Model Y order. I won't be super upset if it's late, because we've saved so much money driving only one car ('15 Prius) and I'm not against borrowing a car for a short time from friends nearby.
63A or 64P? Those are the only guys I know working from home right now. I wish I could but ops life is never ending and in person.

Reactions: PatrickTM
I think that since one of them told you they would need to pull a permit that is probably how it is 'supposed' to be done and the other one is choosing to not go through the hassle. I think as a homeowner you have to decide what kind of risk you are willing to take. If they are the same price go with the one who will run the permit so everything is legit. If you can find cheaper you have to decide for yourself. I got a quote for like 5k with permits and when I said that was probably more than its worth to me (was considering trickle charging) he suggested just finding a guy at home depot or doing it yourself for cheap even if its not technically up to 'code'. I appreciated his honesty and suggestion. I decided to do it myself with an existing 30amp breaker. (so 14-30 outlet). You just have to weigh the risks .

ABSOLUTELY you need to have a permit pulled. Demand it from the electrician because the permit is then followed by an inspection. God forbid anything ever went wrong in terms of a fire from charging, the insurance company would quickly deny the claim. Also, make sure the electrician is insured and bonded.

May or may not have driven by the service center today to see if my car was there. They had one car up front with a congratulations sign in it - and it was in my config, but it was not for me. Perhaps my car is elsewhere, I didn't check the lot too thoroughly, or perhaps it's in transport. The wait continues, good luck on your VINs and cars everyone!!
did you try contacting tesla customer care? they might be able to tell vehicle location using VIN.. not sure if its possible but I thought I read somewhere.

I was released from October this morning. And then **poof** a refresh this afternoon has me back in October! Now I hate October for two reasons: it eats Tesla EDDs and pumpkin spice.
My birthday is in October and I’m starting to think I should just move it out of a sort of anticipated spite for that month…

…aaand done.

April.

My new birthday is in April.

...and beware: there are many in these hallowed forums who got NO notice in text or email that their VIN is available. Those lucky ones found it only by logging in.
Yo, I got my VIN on the page last Friday and I'm sitting here with no knowledge of when my next point of contact really will be. Hoping I take delivery next week or sooner!