Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
private party! the highest offers out of Tesla, vroom.com, carvana.com, driveway.com, carbuyerusa.com, and Carfax...driveway offered me the highest surprisingly.

private party is the way to go though, got 4k more on top of driveway.com's offer by going via private party
For private party, did you go through a website to list your car, or how did you go about it? If you don't mind. I have a Rav4 that I have to sell or trade. Trying to maximize the $$ I can get for it.

Just drove past Tesla SC here in Smithtown..Why do I feel like I am stalking my ex lol..on a serious note, having owned Bimmers and Audis I was never this anxious and excited about getting a car..the wait is really killing me lol
Last time I felt this anxious was when I pre ordered my Note 10 plus. This is killing me! Like 5 months or so out. I will pull all of my hair out!!!!

The most worrying part for me is, when to sell my current car. Like I don't want to be car "less" for like 5 months. On the other hand, don't want to risk getting the value of the car down either. Right now it seems to be a hot item, since the dealership reached out to me and wants to buy it back.
That’s the executive decision that will have to be made. You just have to weigh the benefits of either having some more cash in your pocket with no car or less cash in your pocket with your car.
200.gif

View attachment 694553
Went from October as soon as I got my VIN this evening to 8/10 - 8-15! It only showed October for maybe an hour.

So what’s next? Am I looking out for a link to schedule the delivery?
So for me I contacted the dealer I plan to pick it up from and scheduled the day to pick it up. It took half the day for someone to pick up. They told me the day it’s scheduled to arrive on a truck and they need a day to prep it.
I never got a Blue button to sign agreements probably because I did cash and not a Tesla loan but idk. My date changed to an appointment time and date after I spoke to a SA. She answered all my questions I had and was pretty easy process.

That’s the executive decision that will have to be made. You just have to weigh the benefits of either having some more cash in your pocket with no car or less cash in your pocket with your car.
200.gif
I would like to have more cash as I need to put it down on the Model Y lol. Freaking expensive, for me at least. This is a first luxury, this price range, car for me.

I posted Craigslist and had 9 buyers throwing offers at me same day I posted.
When you have a buyer when selling private. How do you do the exchange. I have sold cheapo $1k-$2k beaters and have taken a money order at my house but I am going to have to sell my wife's 2013 CR-V. I should be able to get around $14k or more for it so I want to make sure I am not getting scammed. Do you suggest going to the buyers bank and watching them get a bank check for the amount and then doing the transaction there?

When you have a buyer when selling private. How do you do the exchange. I have sold cheapo $1k-$2k beaters and have taken a money order at my house but I am going to have to sell my wife's 2013 CR-V. I should be able to get around $14k or more for it so I want to make sure I am not getting scammed. Do you suggest going to the buyers bank and watching them get a bank check for the amount and then doing the transaction there?
Would love to know this too. And I work in a bank! lol. :D

Tried to quote, and failed. 🤦‍♀️

For private party, did you go through a website to list your car, or how did you go about it? If you don't mind. I have a Rav4 that I have to sell or trade. Trying to maximize the $$ I can get for it.
@ArrogantSeeker craigslist! A lot of ppl use fb marketplace though.

@Firocity you want to have a bill of sale. This protects both you the seller and the buyer. There’s lots of templates or auto bill of sale you can get. And it’s always best to meet at their bank if possible.

Would love to know this too. And I work in a bank! lol. :D

Tried to quote, and failed. 🤦‍♀️
See above

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Cash or Cashiers check are the safest. A Cashiers check is drawn on the banks account so it will not be fraudulent. A wire transfer or ACH do not really clear immediately. It may take a couple days even if it shows up in your account. An ACH can be reversed. Wire transfer is better.

Cash or Cashiers check from a national bank is what you want. If you accept cash be sure to meet at your bank and have them count it and check for counterfeit bills.

Tom

PS. FB Marketplace ($0) and Craigslist ($5) are easy places to sell your car.

Last edited:
Does anyone else type smart@ss replies and then erase them thinking that it's bad karma and the last thing they need right now is bad karma?

No one? Just me? Okay... Remembering the golden rule.

Better luck tomorrow everyone! Maybe we'll have real dates.... and then we can go back to real lives..
You mean, like, in every aspect of my life?

Yes.

Daily.

:)

Reactions: potter287
Glad you got yours since you ordered before me 🎉 Hoping mine is around the corner 🤞🏼
I was informed that a lot of vehicles was made for August and are just sitting waiting on transport trucks to deliver them… Was informed that vins are assigned once transport trucks are loaded… not sure how true that was… but I got a vin at 11:24pm and Edd switch to October… 10mins later Edd switch to 12day timeframe and I know that’s about how long it takes to get to Florida…

Pulled the trigger and ordered a MYP with same configs today....really need another car as right now we are sharing a single car...lets see which one gets here first...Quick question, I have selected cash as a payment method...can i switch to Tesla loan when nearing a delivery date? I already am approved for a tesla loan for MYLR
Yes. Once you get a VIN, you can ask your SA to change to loan.

I think this is the part that's the most frustrating to me. It's quite annoying to see someone who ordered an $85k performance with the rims and extras July 1 take delivery July 24 and I ordered a base model in May and we're about 3 months into wait time with no end in sight. Keep losing money on my trade in. Gotta redo my financing soon. Hell, my drivers license even expired while I was waiting and I've minimized my driving because I refuse to replace my brakes or get a tune up on my car just to trade it in if I randomly get a delivery date a week later. At least if they prioritized by month and said "we're building ALL the April orders and delivering them in July. We're building ALL the May orders and delivering them in August." that would be something.
East coast deliveries are absolutely THE worst. We are dead last in the queue. It is very clear they're shafting us because they want to meet their sales goals.

I've always done exclusively cash. It's one of the only ways you can be sure you will actually get the money, and you typically don't have many ways to find out any information about the buyer for any recourse if you don't. Sometimes I have taken a personal check for a smaller amount on top of the cash to make up a difference (e.g. in 2018 selling my Subaru STI, the guy showed up with 20k cash in his pocket when I had listed for higher and had other offers; he wrote out a personal check for the $3k difference), but try to make that amount as small as possible because there is always some risk.