Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those of you that have gotten VINs, how long after you got the "Get to know your Tesla" email did you get your VIN? Just curious if there is any correlation between that email and VIN timing. I doubt it, but just curious.
I wish I could tell you that email had any meaning. However, there is no correlation between that webinar and a VIN. IMO, that call is a waste of time if you have done any research on your own. I can't even remember how long ago I got that email and I have no VIN.

I wish I could tell you that email had any meaning. However, there is no correlation between that webinar and a VIN. IMO, that call is a waste of time if you have done any research on your own. I can't even remember how long ago I got that email and I have no VIN.
Yeah I have no intention of participating since I've had a Model 3 for over a year...was just curious on timing. But clearly it is meaningless.

I'm at day 93 so grasping at straws for any glimmer of hope 😁

Current EDD is 8/23-9/2.

private party! the highest offers out of Tesla, vroom.com, carvana.com, driveway.com, carbuyerusa.com, and Carfax...driveway offered me the highest surprisingly.

private party is the way to go though, got 4k more on top of driveway.com's offer by going via private party
Where did you list for your private party sale and how long did it take for you to sell? Was considering FB marketplace, cargurus, and maybe onlyusedtesla or findmyelectric. Not sure if it’s worth paying for the listing or FB would work just as well

Reactions: PatrickTM
A week before I ordered I wanted to test drive, but I got a notice letting me know they sold their test drive vehicle and had nothing for me to drive. But yesterday I saw my exact spec on the road for a test drive, so I’ve made an appointment for tmrw and will try again! If I can’t own it yet I’d like to at least experience someone else’s 😅

Also random update: I'll be posting everything I've installed so far on my MY but one thing I haven't done is get it wrapped. My guy has been backed up for weeks now, and he's doing his best to get me in ASAP. That being said I have installed mud flaps on the front and rear, but all things considered the paint is holding up very well! I clean the exterior every other day, but I haven't been as worried about scratches and chips (so far). Once I finally get an appointment, I'll be getting a 3M wrap and ceramic coating, as well as the front windows and windshield tinted. The roof was already tinted upon pick up, way more tolerable than the MY that I test drove a month ago.

The other thing I'm choosing to hold off on is the AB. Honestly, the car feels quick AF right now and I decided that the moment that I get used to it, is the moment that I pull the trigger on the AB. I know I said it would be the first thing I did, but I want to save some more Tesla magic for further on down the road. I'll be posting my install list soon, but wanted to update you all on this in the meantime. Hopefully it helps someone decide what to do once they take delivery.

Sending good VIN vibes always,
Ira
Woohoo! Glad to hear from you and that you’re doing well. As we all expected, loving the car.

I do have to say though. You’ve had the car for one week. I really hope that the paint is indeed holding up well!🤣

I posted Craigslist and had 9 buyers throwing offers at me same day I posted.
I’m about to sell my ‘21 Corolla Hybrid and I’m hoping it goes similarly. I sold a truck earlier this year private party that took me nearly a month to sell, but the buyer ended up being from Craigslist and it was a decent price. Tesla gave me a quote for right under $20k around end of June but I only had right around 10k miles on it. By the time I get mine in the market after some repairs I have to make it’ll have closer to 14k, hoping to get around $22.5k for it.

Someone can tell me if I’m crazy or not for thinking I can get that much😅 anyway for some reason Craigslist is still the best place to sell imo.

Reactions: TESRP and PNWLeccy
So when I got the message about the trade in from Tesla, I responded with “I don’t have a trade in, can you give me an update on my car.” Thinking that it would a robo text message back saying that this phone number is not monitored, someone wrote back. They wrote:

“We are seeing an August-September timeframe however once your reservation and vehicle receives a VIN we will inform you of your upcoming delivery day.”

Not much info but better than my current EDD of 7-8 weeks.

Don't poke the bear. You might not like the result.
The people at Fremont are already under Elon's gaze, and that mercurial focus becomes a laser sometimes.
Not good, wins no friends.
First off I didn’t mean spam their lines like call back to back… like stated if you are past the dates that was listed on the order page call and get a status update… And post your answers that you received here… If several people call and several people get answers we can start putting together an idea of what is happening… Some people have Advisors that won’t share any information other then wait for a vin… These people on the logistics line can tell you a little more about your order… Of course you don’t want to call 1,000 times a day because it’s the same 5 people that answers the phone… Tesla gave them a job to answer and help customers…